hey

Rickman, TN

#81 Mar 30, 2013
i love the comment by the dumbass that said this is just postuering by dial and smith ,wtf is that and u obama lovin fool shut the hell up .you been watching to many democrats making excuses for obummer ,poustering what a work fool ,oh and who the hell is poston and norrod one term jokes go back to watching jeopordy and thinking you actually know what the hell ur doing so goodnite brownie
byebye

United States

#82 Mar 31, 2013
It is posturing, Dolphus, Mike, and Ray are the only ones who wanted to keep Eldridge. Dolphus knows his idiot in waiting, Wayne Sells isn't ready for the job yet and there is no one locally who should be in that position so they would hate to lose Matt.

What happened to, "Let the people decide." Welp, the people chose the new board members and they decided.

The group in power just doesn't want to give up power yet. Doesn't matter tho, Grant Swallows will be the next director and that is just trading one product of nepotism for another.

nope

Rickman, TN

#83 Mar 31, 2013
if you know all this and you say swallows is getting job ,then why do they waste time of board meeting. and just let u tell us whats happening .i think mr dial has ran for election several times for schoolboard and has won ,so sounds like the people are speaking,
happy happy happy

Gainesboro, TN

#84 Apr 1, 2013
look at the dealings with overton school board in the past since appointed director ;it has been funny thru the years; name all the school directors in overton county since appointments and compare to other counties. dolphus was the highest paid pe teacher in the state at one time because he was voted out
Parent

Livingston, TN

#85 Apr 1, 2013
When is the next meeting?
Meeting

Nashville, TN

#86 Apr 1, 2013
Tomorrow at 6
Okay

Livingston, TN

#87 Apr 2, 2013
Just Here wrote:
Too much politics in the school system. I say, they need to let the community decide who the director is again instead of the board. We(the community)elect the board members and the board members appoint a director. I say that Matt had some political influence is some of the actions he took. Think about it!
I also believe that if a potential board member has a spouse(husband/wife) that is a teacher, then he/she should not be on the board. We need to take the politics out of the school system.
One more thing, as a parent, I want to thank Matt for all he has done. Since the help, my child is getting a better education and their grades are better. The communication between teacher/parent is alot better as well. Thank you.
It is clearly a conflict of interest for a board member to have a spouse that is a teacher. We all need to remember that when election time rolls around.
Truth Hurts

Cookeville, TN

#89 Apr 13, 2013
Okay wrote:
<quoted text>
It is clearly a conflict of interest for a board member to have a spouse that is a teacher. We all need to remember that when election time rolls around.
Two of the board members are married to teachers at AH Roberts. This county seems to be all about keeping the family " together." Nearly every board member has family working in the school system. The whole board needs to be tossed out.
byebye

United States

#90 Apr 13, 2013
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text> Two of the board members are married to teachers at AH Roberts. This county seems to be all about keeping the family " together." Nearly every board member has family working in the school system. The whole board needs to be tossed out.
No worse than Eldridge hiring his wife to be second in command.
How was nothing made of Vickie getting that job?
fact

Cookeville, TN

#91 Apr 13, 2013
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text> Two of the board members are married to teachers at AH Roberts. This county seems to be all about keeping the family " together." Nearly every board member has family working in the school system. The whole board needs to be tossed out.
only one board member Hayes has a wife who is a teacher in the school system. Get your facts straight before you tell your crap.
texter

Gainesboro, TN

#92 Apr 17, 2013
law says parent or spouse over rides the role of school board member. hayes wife has had her job for 13 yrs prior to him getting elected. she had no connentions or a family name to fall back on.
AliBaba

Livingston, TN

#93 Apr 17, 2013
texter wrote:
law says parent or spouse over rides the role of school board member. hayes wife has had her job for 13 yrs prior to him getting elected. she had no connentions or a family name to fall back on.
Which law?
Truth Hurts

Cookeville, TN

#94 Apr 17, 2013
byebye wrote:
<quoted text>
No worse than Eldridge hiring his wife to be second in command.
How was nothing made of Vickie getting that job?
Maybe you cant read well but I did say that the whole board needs to be tossed.
Voter

Livingston, TN

#95 Apr 20, 2013
So far we only have two out of staters that have applied for the position. I guess all the local folks know better. I would bet that neither of the two applicants have watched a recent board meeting online. I wonder what happened to the potential applicants from Johnson City??? For this to ever work the school board is going to have to leave their family issues at home and try to build a relationship with the DOS. We may have a rough time for the next couple of years until the board turns over. Any more talk of school board members resigning? That might open up a atmosphere of cooperation. Of course, maybe they have an "ace in the hole" to save the day, since we the voters don't know the whole story.
Homer

Livingston, TN

#96 Apr 20, 2013
Read the ads placed by them and you can see why. The one in the Tennessean makes no mention of salary,states you dont manage anyone and gives Nashville as the job location. The one in OCN refers you back to the schools website for salary info and it is nowhere to be found. A two year old handicapped monkey could have wrote a better ad.I fear that they have let the centeral office people write up the ad or if done by the chairman and board as it should be the taxpayer and children will lose out yet again. Why in the world would you demand a professional educators license for a position that is not allowed to teach or even fill in for a teacher? Please lets not go through this again. Pull the ads,rewrite them in a professional manner stating mininum salary,size of system and proper location.Dont demand unrequired licenses so as to exclude everyone but a teacher or ex teacher from appling,if you want a masters degree fine, but at the end of the day what a director really does is manage employees and monies under the policy mandated by a local board of education.
byebye

Deltona, FL

#97 Apr 20, 2013
Harold Watson has it.

It is agreed on.

Wait and see.
town drunk

Livingston, TN

#98 Apr 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
Read the ads placed by them and you can see why. The one in the Tennessean makes no mention of salary,states you dont manage anyone and gives Nashville as the job location. The one in OCN refers you back to the schools website for salary info and it is nowhere to be found. A two year old handicapped monkey could have wrote a better ad.I fear that they have let the centeral office people write up the ad or if done by the chairman and board as it should be the taxpayer and children will lose out yet again. Why in the world would you demand a professional educators license for a position that is not allowed to teach or even fill in for a teacher? Please lets not go through this again. Pull the ads,rewrite them in a professional manner stating mininum salary,size of system and proper location.Dont demand unrequired licenses so as to exclude everyone but a teacher or ex teacher from appling,if you want a masters degree fine, but at the end of the day what a director really does is manage employees and monies under the policy mandated by a local board of education.
all this is done for a reason. there will not be anyone apply from out of county because of the way it is written up. that lets them go back to the local buddy-buddy's. they have been doing the same thing for years and we keep letting them get away with it.
AliBaba

Livingston, TN

#99 Apr 21, 2013
hey wrote:
i love the comment by the dumbass that said this is just postuering by dial and smith ,wtf is that and u obama lovin fool shut the hell up .you been watching to many democrats making excuses for obummer ,poustering what a work fool ,oh and who the hell is poston and norrod one term jokes go back to watching jeopordy and thinking you actually know what the hell ur doing so goodnite brownie
Here we go again!! What does Obama have to do with the DOS job??? You just can't accept that you got beat!!!
Hmmmm

Byrdstown, TN

#100 Apr 21, 2013
Voter wrote:
So far we only have two out of staters that have applied for the position. I guess all the local folks know better. I would bet that neither of the two applicants have watched a recent board meeting online. I wonder what happened to the potential applicants from Johnson City??? For this to ever work the school board is going to have to leave their family issues at home and try to build a relationship with the DOS. We may have a rough time for the next couple of years until the board turns over. Any more talk of school board members resigning? That might open up a atmosphere of cooperation. Of course, maybe they have an "ace in the hole" to save the day, since we the voters don't know the whole story.
You sure know a lot?? Who was applying from Johnson City?? I wonder....
christian

Springfield, SC

#101 Apr 21, 2013
byebye wrote:
Harold Watson has it.
It is agreed on.
Wait and see.
You are simply WRONG!! I heard Mr. Watson is using his days until he can officially retire!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Voting for Master's 13 min voted 50
The $668,000.00 Thousand Dollars job on sidewal... 1 hr Greenfield Drive 2
City Mayor 2 hr A little info 2
imc 6 hr curious 1
School Money 10 hr Ray R 15
Commissioners 13 hr Black stallion 16
Hwy 111 close to 111 flea market A very Danger... (Aug '08) 18 hr John G 62

Monroe Jobs

Personal Finance

Monroe Mortgages