Livingston needs a WMCA

Livingston needs a WMCA

Posted in the Monroe Forum

Wondering

Livingston, TN

#1 Mar 25, 2013
Why doesn't Livingston have a WMCA? Several of the surrounding counties have nice WMCA facilities with gyms, pools, and other exercise opportunities available throughout the year.
brawny fan

Livingston, TN

#2 Mar 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Why doesn't Livingston have a WMCA? Several of the surrounding counties have nice WMCA facilities with gyms, pools, and other exercise opportunities available throughout the year.
Just as soon as we elect our former postal worker as county Ex we will have everything.Movie theaters,bowling alley,Walmart,Kmart,
Logans,Hooters,Cheddars,Ryans we`ll have so may jobs people will flee Cookeville and move here.Theres even talk of moving TTU here.
Billy

Cookeville, TN

#3 Mar 25, 2013
This sounds great we could just raise taxes and build the new facility, since the economy is booming.
Union Lady

Livingston, TN

#4 Mar 25, 2013
Billy wrote:
This sounds great we could just raise taxes and build the new facility, since the economy is booming.
yes just as Ron Cyrus did only he hasn't brought in any jobs ,cut the school budget 2% and raise land taxes even on republicans...

That cyrus is a real leader, Or is it Beth Cox of baldy Story?
lady at night

Livingston, TN

#5 Mar 25, 2013
Billy wrote:
Billy you seem to be the dumbest person on topix. When a county has no tax base or income the land owners can not furnish everything you would like to have,
If you and others would stop shopping wal-marts and going to Cookeville to eat you could help Overton County a lot by keeping Tax dollars here in Overton County and not Putnam.
Wal-Mart sells china junk ,and wal-marts makes a great profit off of people to dumb to know if you shop there you get junk and spend your money in another county ,hurting the county you live in.
Overton County also needs to teach the children a trade and exercise in school ,so they can work a job and not get so fat they can hardly walk, just maybe a company will come into Overton County if we had real leaders who knew how to bring in jobs. And people who could do the work, Shirts and Furniture will never be made here again or many places in the USA, But we don't and the county hurts and the city, because of the leaders in office. Same for School board and county commission.
Joe Bite it

Livingston, TN

#6 Mar 25, 2013
Union Hag must copy and paste 75% posts. The one above appears over and over and over and over....
citizen x

Allons, TN

#7 Mar 28, 2013
i thought it was Y M C A ?? what is a wmca?
Billy

Cookeville, TN

#8 Mar 28, 2013
Lady of the evening, I did not mean to offend you, however people are naturally going to shop for the best and often lowest price product.
It has been told by many of, in the know, that the recent built Box-Store was first on the drawing board for our town but was rejected by the powers that be, because of greed and it went to a nearby town.
So be it, we can now vote with our feet by driving out of town, and maybe eat there too.
I agree, local is good, however if one is not on the draw, then you have to shop the bestest or you are just taking food off-of your familes table, which is just another "tax" or moeny going to someone else.
I know this thinking is a foreign concept to you, but to many its just like falling off-of a log.
This is just second nature to the fine hard-working traditional home-folks that are here every day.
Oh, its easy to spot a transplant.
Wondering

Livingston, TN

#9 Mar 28, 2013
Sorry, typo--why doesn't Livingston have a Y M C A AND a Wal-mart,
Wondering

Livingston, TN

#10 Mar 31, 2013
What can be done to encourage Walmart to build a store in Overton County? We really need the jobs and tax revenue that is currently being added to Putnam County's coffers.
joppa resident

Livingston, TN

#11 Mar 31, 2013
Wondering wrote:
What can be done to encourage Walmart to build a store in Overton County? We really need the jobs and tax revenue that is currently being added to Putnam County's coffers.
Walmart does not need Livingston as much as Livingston needs Walmart.2 store within 10 to 15 minutes and another 30 minutes or so in Jamestown.The one in Jamestown is pretty good.I go there because I live up that way.I have seen several former and current Overton County elected officals shopping there with their buggies stacked to the rim with clothes,food,shoes.
Billy

Cookeville, TN

#12 Apr 1, 2013
Joppa, thats good to know because some of these officials may have been the ones that kept the Box-store from building in our town.
Wondering, wonder no more this is why we do not have a YWCA, therefore if you want to know who is at fault we just elected the wrong ones, if you want to know whom is the snake in the grass just look into the mirror.
Jeff

Nashville, TN

#13 Apr 7, 2013
Billy wrote:
Joppa, thats good to know because some of these officials may have been the ones that kept the Box-store from building in our town.
Wondering, wonder no more this is why we do not have a YWCA, therefore if you want to know who is at fault we just elected the wrong ones, if you want to know whom is the snake in the grass just look into the mirror.
I ran for alderman back in 2005 on the platform of letting the people have more of a say in what goes on in this town. Albany KY had just built a Y and i was going to research and figure out what it takes to do so. I had lots of other ideas as well, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. It's much better now that the crew has put their focus on much more important issues such as "off premise signs"
You know that was a real necessary issue to waste time and money on. If you people really want a change you need to take a stand on what you believe and don't grow weary and back down from a little pressure. If you don't stand united then you will get just what you have. And I don't know many that are real pleased with that.
yWca

Jamestown, TN

#14 Apr 9, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I ran for alderman back in 2005 on the platform of letting the people have more of a say in what goes on in this town. Albany KY had just built a Y and i was going to research and figure out what it takes to do so. I had lots of other ideas as well, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. It's much better now that the crew has put their focus on much more important issues such as "off premise signs"
You know that was a real necessary issue to waste time and money on. If you people really want a change you need to take a stand on what you believe and don't grow weary and back down from a little pressure. If you don't stand united then you will get just what you have. And I don't know many that are real pleased with that.
I remember that, you were wanting a yWca here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best D.U.I lawyer 45 min i swear 6
What has happen at First Baptist Church 1 hr For real 89
Rebel flag represents a treasonous cause. 2 hr For real 10
revoked license 2 hr For real 6
Don't eat at sonic (Oct '14) 2 hr For real 47
management at hutchinson (Jan '12) 2 hr learn to spel 946
Queers 2 hr Steve 51
More from around the web

Monroe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE