Ex-deputy's domestic assault charge d...

Ex-deputy's domestic assault charge dismissed

There are 23 comments on the Cookeville Herald story from Nov 9, 2010, titled Ex-deputy's domestic assault charge dismissed. In it, Cookeville Herald reports that:

A charge of domestic assault against a former Putnam Sheriff's deputy has been dismissed, and he says he is considering "options" on what to do about losing his job over the charge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cookeville Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned

Walterboro, SC

#1 Nov 10, 2010
let him or her go taking a break sleeping on the job.
All for 1 and 1 for all

Cookeville, TN

#2 Nov 11, 2010
The policies are what they are. It would be the same for anyone else caught in that situation, the fact is you need to avoid that situation. Stay single if you cannot avoid it.
LEO

Cookeville, TN

#3 Nov 12, 2010
All for 1 and 1 for all wrote:
The policies are what they are. It would be the same for anyone else caught in that situation, the fact is you need to avoid that situation. Stay single if you cannot avoid it.
And the facts remain according to the police report...Denny still beat the shit out of her..she just likes that it looks like.
give me a break

Byrdstown, TN

#4 Nov 12, 2010
you should know the facts before you comment!she wasn't beatup!
lol

Crossville, TN

#5 Nov 12, 2010
He's a drunken wife beating slob who probably slobbed on someone's knob to get out of the charge and get his job back. His wife beating made the news, for christ sake.
LEO

Cookeville, TN

#6 Nov 15, 2010
give me a break wrote:
Beat the shit outta her.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#7 Nov 15, 2010
give me a break wrote:
Actually he DID beat the hell out of her and went to jail over it, and has now (through being crooked, paying a couple people off) has gotten it "taken care of"...

Sickens me seeing how this kind of thing happens and we get to see it right in front of our eyes but can't do anything or WE may be the next ones beat the hell out of and locked up..
hmmm

Byrdstown, TN

#8 Nov 17, 2010
i'm curious do you people actually know these two or are just commenting on what was in the paper?how do you know that she isn't the drunk?hmmm!

Location hidden

#9 Nov 17, 2010
They both are, and yes.
Leo

Cookeville, TN

#10 Nov 17, 2010
They both are and yes.
overton county

Cookeville, TN

#11 Nov 18, 2010
hell john mackie of the sheriffs department and swat has beat the hell out of his gf / wife on numerous occasions... hell he has been arrested for it multiple times... he's still a cop...
lisa

Cookeville, TN

#12 Nov 18, 2010
if she is not willing to press charges he should get his job back that makes u think she lied

Location hidden

#13 Nov 18, 2010
lisa wrote:
if she is not willing to press charges he should get his job back that makes u think she lied
No, there had to be physical marks and/or he had to admit it for him to be actually taken and charged with it. Most cops won't just take an assumption from an angry spouse as gospel or both people would go to jail after they both said they were/were not hitting each other..

They're known for being drunks that beat each other.

Chances are they got back together and decided they didn't want to pay for probation, fines, etc and testify against each other in court when they're sleeping beside each other at night. Either that or he/the cookeville police force has threatened her, but chances are that they got back together and decided not to go through it this time, regardless of how bad she was beaten.
hmmm

Byrdstown, TN

#14 Nov 18, 2010
how do you know she didn't do it to her self like falling if she was drunk then that is a possibility!i have known drunk women who have been mad and accused there husbands of hitting them.

Location hidden

#15 Nov 19, 2010
hmmm wrote:
how do you know she didn't do it to her self like falling if she was drunk then that is a possibility!i have known drunk women who have been mad and accused there husbands of hitting them.
Right, that is possible, but if you KNOW these two,(who always beat eachother, leave eachother, and return to eachother to do it again..) you can rest assured that nothing has changed and the same thing happened this time as happened last time, and next month it will happen again.. Might not call the cops and make it big news, but the fighting and beating will continue.
shady

Saluda, SC

#16 Nov 19, 2010
KnowsOne wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there had to be physical marks and/or he had to admit it for him to be actually taken and charged with it. Most cops won't just take an assumption from an angry spouse as gospel or both people would go to jail after they both said they were/were not hitting each other..
Chances are they got back together and decided they didn't want to pay for probation, fines, etc and testify against each other in court when they're sleeping beside each other at night. Either that or he/the cookeville police force has threatened her, but chances are that they got back together and decided not to go through it this time, regardless of how bad she was beaten.
there were physical marks on her 2 weeks later when she went to court, not to mention the fact she wanted to press charges at her first court appearance, then miraculously, she changed her mind a few weeks later. someone got to her,

Location hidden

#17 Nov 19, 2010
They always beat on eachother, and always will.. Every court date she ever has she will have more marks on her and every time they get into a fight it will turn physical.. They are back together, I'm sure doing the same thing again and again..
Rickman

Rickman, TN

#18 Dec 4, 2010
KnowsOne wrote:
<quoted text>
Well your not near as smart as you think you are. In Tennessee the Law states anytime the police are called to a domestic disturbance the one being called on will be taken into custody.So get your facts straight next time so you wont show your true ignorance.

“Felix”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#19 Dec 4, 2010
Rickman wrote:
<quoted text>Well your not near as smart as you think you are. In Tennessee the Law states anytime the police are called to a domestic disturbance the one being called on will be taken into custody.So get your facts straight next time so you wont show your true ignorance.
I've been a cop for 15 years and I have never read that domestic law. Rickman must have his own TCA codes. LOL
Real Deputy

Cookeville, TN

#20 Dec 6, 2010
Rickman wrote:
<quoted text>Well your not near as smart as you think you are. In Tennessee the Law states anytime the police are called to a domestic disturbance the one being called on will be taken into custody.So get your facts straight next time so you wont show your true ignorance.
Yeah like the guy said..Rickman has its own TCA code..one thing it does say is to arrest the primary aggressor and if that cant be determined to arrest all involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2017 lie of the year 3 min Citizen 22
The comptroller office is coming to Livingston ... 13 min Jim 4
Need new blood 19 min Dhill Buy 23
Hey liberal Bronnie 48 min Bronnie 6
Look outside the Square at Curtis Town 49 min Bronnie 2
The Dump Trump Plan 1 hr Bronnie 2
Hayes Mayor of the Year? 1 hr Livingston 17

Monroe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance