Cooper Recycling LLC Adds Auto Shredder

Cooper Recycling LLC Adds Auto Shredder

There are 30 comments on the Recycling Today story from Nov 11, 2009, titled Cooper Recycling LLC Adds Auto Shredder. In it, Recycling Today reports that:

Tennessee recycler expands processing capabilities. Cooper Recycling LLC , based in Livingston, Tenn., has announced the addition of an auto shredder at its Monroe, Tenn., yard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Recycling Today.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
How does it work

Cookeville, TN

#22 Jul 6, 2011
mountainboy wrote:
<quoted text>bullshit i can spell a hellva lot better than you and by the way what about the cooper ground wire he was stealing off of the light company I JUST WONDER WHO BOUGHT IT COOPERS DID
If someone steals scrap from another and sells it to Cooper's, or one of the others, what happens to the original owner? How does all of the identifying of the thief/recycler help the original owner to recover? Do they have laws that are based on the quantity of pounds being sold?
THUNDER MOM

Livingston, TN

#23 Jul 7, 2011
How does it work wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone steals scrap from another and sells it to Cooper's, or one of the others, what happens to the original owner? How does all of the identifying of the thief/recycler help the original owner to recover? Do they have laws that are based on the quantity of pounds being sold?
There is no restrictions on how many pounds you can sell. The scrap yards have to get valid i.d., vehicle info they are driving, photos of everything sold and thumb print. As far as retriving the stolen material, a police report must be filed and then if the law will call as soon as this is done then most of the time items are found. But people wait 2 or 3 weeks, by this time the items are already processed. Tennessee has scrap buying laws, kentucky doesn't have the same rules.
info

Cookeville, TN

#24 Jul 11, 2011
How does it work wrote:
<quoted text>
The best thing the victim can do, after getting a police report started, is go visit the scrap yards in the area and locate your stuff if it has not already been processed. They have pictures of everything they buy and the people and their cars bringing it in. They (Coopers) are VERY helpful, but I think a lot of people just don't know what to do and figure they are sh*t out of luck. All those identity requirements they use are more work for the recyclers, also. They don't want the hassle of the thieves, either, or to have their reputation damaged.
scrap hauler

Livingston, TN

#25 Jul 12, 2011
info wrote:
<quoted text>
The best thing the victim can do, after getting a police report started, is go visit the scrap yards in the area and locate your stuff if it has not already been processed. They have pictures of everything they buy and the people and their cars bringing it in. They (Coopers) are VERY helpful, but I think a lot of people just don't know what to do and figure they are sh*t out of luck. All those identity requirements they use are more work for the recyclers, also. They don't want the hassle of the thieves, either, or to have their reputation damaged.
You are very right!!!!
family

Oneida, TN

#26 Jul 12, 2011
yea wrote:
stupid..lol ok he means they want your drivers license and all kinds of "INFO"..u still with me..and that all the thiefs have made it this way becuase it didnt use to be like this...ok are u still with us..lol get a fisher price computer
ur good my have to hire u to explain few things to my husband
Bird dog

United States

#27 Jul 19, 2013
katy wrote:
Did they sell out to some other company? heard that just wondering if anyone had the facts?
Nope supposedly partnered up with a big company I have heard.
Only thing they have sold is their sole....
Simply full of GREED...!!!!
Just ask their slaves that work there.
They don't care to flaunt what they have of the backs of there employees ie. Vehicles, vacation after vacation etc. etc.
All the while keeping the little man down ...
spolied brats

Gainesboro, TN

#28 Jul 19, 2013
They use to be good folks till they got the big bucks.And good for them they have worked for what they have and I am glad for all of them . But now they dont know there use to be friends well I would like to see them in the ditch stuck I would love to smile and drive on by.You put your pants on like every one else one leg at a time good luck when you dont need it anymore it gets hot in some places
employee

Maggie Valley, NC

#29 Jul 20, 2013
Bird Dog and Spoiled brats we all know why you posted this. You are mad because they had to stop some of you from milking the clock. I'm thankful for my job so if you really feel that they are like this then quit and find you another job.
koko

Jamestown, TN

#30 Sep 22, 2013
they hire to many dopeheads to drive their trucks :(
Tylequious Jackson

Buffalo, NY

#31 Jan 16, 2015
I have an old junk car that has been sitting in my garage for years. I wanted to fix it up, but I never have the time to do it. Now I just want to get rid of the car. I won't make any money selling it, so I am going to take it to an auto recycling place. Then they can dispose of the car safely. http://aandaautorecycle.com/services.nxg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Body at Hilham dump (Nov '13) 2 hr johnson1 28
After 7 1/2 Years of Saying Repel and Replace ,... 3 hr resident 9
Greenbriar Road 3 hr mccain graham jr 3
President Trump- keep us safe 3 hr resident 17
Do nothing John Garrett 4 hr Voter 11
How does Curtis Drive a city own Auto without L... 5 hr Poor Ol Taxpayer 2
More Overton Jail Troubles 15 hr Fugit 12

Monroe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance