Cooper Recycling LLC Adds Auto Shredder

Nov 11, 2009 Full story: Recycling Today 29

Tennessee recycler expands processing capabilities. Cooper Recycling LLC , based in Livingston, Tenn., has announced the addition of an auto shredder at its Monroe, Tenn., yard.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cat-woman

Monroe, TN

#1 Nov 12, 2009
Alot of peoples question is how loud is this machine going to be. And I had also heard that hrs of operation will be night and day is that true? I just hope that the monroe neighbors will be able to get some quietness and be able to sleep with this going on.
What_

New Albany, IN

#2 Nov 12, 2009
I haven't heard any noise so far and Ithink they have been shredding for a few months now....I did hear a cat like sound
duh

Monroe, TN

#3 Nov 12, 2009
What_ wrote:
I haven't heard any noise so far and Ithink they have been shredding for a few months now....I did hear a cat like sound
the shredder is not in operation yet you are hearing cats it will be very loud it has a 2000 hp motor that has to wind down every day and the blades changed after they cool very high tech. operation alot of jobs for this area but I sure would hate to live in monroe and hear it hopefully they will not start up 23 shifts where it rund 24hrs a day
farmers grandchild

Mcminnville, TN

#4 Nov 12, 2009
What_ wrote:
Maybe they are shredding cats.

Just kidding, don't ya know?
Tim

Livingston, TN

#5 Jan 5, 2010
Heard on the radio they have started to buy scrap up there. I seen alot of metal they have ground up.
Go Figure

Allons, TN

#6 Jan 5, 2010
Ya'll beat all I ever seen. First ya'll gripe about there being junk everywhere, then ya'll gripe cause someone is cleaning it up, then ya'll gripe cause theres a machine running 24-7 which I honestly doubt, and then ya'll gripe cause nobody has a job, but yet, there are jobs being held there. I don't know about ya'll, but I think ya'll would gripe if someone hung ya'll with a new rope!
I come to the understandin' that some people just like to gripe. Once ya get used to the sound, ya'll sleep like a baby anyway.
nobody

United States

#7 Jan 5, 2010
hell they want everything but the kitchen sink just for a sack of cans. Thanks to druggies and pathetic welfare people the hardworking taxpayer has to keep up.If they wouldnt steal every dam thing..Not like they get anything for free anyways
Tim

Livingston, TN

#8 Jan 5, 2010
nobody wrote:
hell they want everything but the kitchen sink just for a sack of cans. Thanks to druggies and pathetic welfare people the hardworking taxpayer has to keep up.If they wouldnt steal every dam thing..Not like they get anything for free anyways
Does anyone understand what the hell he just said.
yea

United States

#9 Jan 5, 2010
stupid..lol ok he means they want your drivers license and all kinds of "INFO"..u still with me..and that all the thiefs have made it this way becuase it didnt use to be like this...ok are u still with us..lol get a fisher price computer
yder1

Monteagle, TN

#10 Jan 5, 2010
yea wrote:
stupid..lol ok he means they want your drivers license and all kinds of "INFO"..u still with me..and that all the thiefs have made it this way becuase it didnt use to be like this...ok are u still with us..lol get a fisher price computer
seems like ur jealous of the theifs.am i with you.ASSh+++
Tim

Livingston, TN

#11 Jan 6, 2010
yea wrote:
Oh, I forgot the new age have to use code words in stead of real english that was taught in school. Keep being COOL!!!
not rich

Jamestown, TN

#12 Jan 24, 2010
nobody wrote:
its a funny damn thing 2 me that the druggies and welfare ppl and theives can take anything they wont up their 2 sell it and coopers knowing gooden damn well yhat it has been stolen and still buys it from them why cant they get them for concelling stolen property go figure no wonders hes damn rich a theif taking from a theif and the poor too no wonders hes so damn RICH were not jealous just the truth
Dale

Livingston, TN

#13 Jan 27, 2010
not rich wrote:
<quoted text>its a funny damn thing 2 me that the druggies and welfare ppl and theives can take anything they wont up their 2 sell it and coopers knowing gooden damn well yhat it has been stolen and still buys it from them why cant they get them for concelling stolen property go figure no wonders hes damn rich a theif taking from a theif and the poor too no wonders hes so damn RICH were not jealous just the truth
I would advise you to get the law and read it but from your spelling not sure if you can. Do you realy think that they don't have laws to go by. I have been up there and had to give ID and thumb print. Why would they go to the trouble if they are breaking the law. They are no different than the pawn shop that you pawned your neighbors tools to last week. They don't know it is stolen unless it is report to the law.
mountainboy

Jamestown, TN

#14 Jan 28, 2010
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>I would advise you to get the law and read it but from your spelling not sure if you can. Do you realy think that they don't have laws to go by. I have been up there and had to give ID and thumb print. Why would they go to the trouble if they are breaking the law. They are no different than the pawn shop that you pawned your neighbors tools to last week. They don't know it is stolen unless it is report to the law.
bullshit i can spell a hellva lot better than you and by the way what about the cooper ground wire he was stealing off of the light company I JUST WONDER WHO BOUGHT IT COOPERS DID
Copper

Cookeville, TN

#15 Jan 28, 2010
mountainboy wrote:
<quoted text>bullshit i can spell a hellva lot better than you and by the way what about the cooper ground wire he was stealing off of the light company I JUST WONDER WHO BOUGHT IT COOPERS DID
If you spell so well I think that is supposed to be "copper ground wire" not "cooper ground wire". Unless they name it after him now. LOL
Paul

Cookeville, TN

#17 Jan 29, 2010
mountainboy wrote:
<quoted text>bullshit i can spell a hellva lot better than you and by the way what about the cooper ground wire he was stealing off of the light company I JUST WONDER WHO BOUGHT IT COOPERS DID
Proven you can't spell, and also don't know what the hell you are talking about.
john w campbell sr JJJ

Covington, VA

#18 Jan 6, 2011
seems like noone will ever be happy about anyone making a dollar. well let me tell you one thing don't put the hard working folks down that fool with junk, cause i have made a good living off of the junk, and junk cars in the usa may have worked on your car or someone you may know worked on many 18 wheelers and trying to make a living i cannot go through a metal detector without being stoped and searched because my blood has so much poison /metal in it it isnt funny but you or your friends car made it home or may still be running because of one of us so called welfare people because of you stereo typing all people that handle junk and probably half or more is hard workers even harder than you yourself i get up about 6 and i may see the bed at 2 am and many nights never seen a bed i was on the road with a load of junk cars to a shredder. well you know what i am doing right now trying to find a shredder that will pay a decent price for the junk, i have and need to haul with out all of these shredders i get to deal with ones that want to pay 3 - 4 dollar a hundred under others or cheat you weight so the more shredders the merrier and another thing how many pieces of junk do you see laying around today? in the late 80's i crushed over 10,000 cars legally my phone rang off the hook come get this junk i hauled it 300 miles for 3.05 a hundred i got bids today from10.50 -12.00 a hundred i know it is worth 16 at least right now it is on the rise so i have a choice in letting one company screw me on money or one screwing me on weight so instead of fooling with either crook i am looking for another shredder to haul to but that makes me a bum for recycling what you wont. this is the worse country for waiste no other country waiste as much as we do in the usa we even waiste food that starving people would love to have you bitch there isnt any jobs you bitch the country is in a recession you bitch we need to recycle you bitch because we are recycling and are working and are hiring folks and these people have to claim all this money on their welfare cause it is tracable know many that got into trouble with childsupport and spousal support and even losyt their foodstamps so thay were self supportive so what is the beef they are working and the ones stealing copper we have some places we will give you the copper just come on and get it and maybe you will be on the front page of the newspaper another thief got fried have you seen what it can do to you? and everyone of the last ones in the newspaper knew it didnt have juice on its called alternating juice meant not constant yep they tested it when it was alternating off and it fried them on the on. every last one of the thieves will get theirs in the end because some owner or they will screw up and there will be dogs guarding it or like many they will get fried that is the best way then society doesnt have to deal with the expense of running them through court and watch them and have to babyset them in prison so before anyone opens their mouth or starts writing again set back and just think what things would be like if there were none of these shredders around do you realize how many lives will be changed form the bum that had to go pick up cans to buy his daughter a bag of diapers or a jug of milk instead of going to walmart and stealing them you dont see the jobs that shredder will bring into your community and even farther you ought to welcome them open arms it might be your grand baby that needs the diapers or great grandchild this recession is foar from over you havent seen anything yet good day and godbless all and all of the shredders be honest fair and safe
ccc

Alcoa, TN

#19 Jan 18, 2011
amen brother it is a hard job
katy

Kittanning, PA

#20 Jul 2, 2011
Did they sell out to some other company? heard that just wondering if anyone had the facts?
BULLDOG MOMMA

Livingston, TN

#21 Jul 6, 2011
katy wrote:
Did they sell out to some other company? heard that just wondering if anyone had the facts?
Not True!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Downtown revitalization 1 hr Downtown 1
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr WTSenior 152,333
Rent prices needed 1 hr Curious 1
beauty 2 hr slimey jo 2
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr qwerty 9,475
Let's grow overton county 4 hr Sunny 10
Knockouts Vs Beheadings 4 hr Billy 1

Monroe Jobs

Monroe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monroe News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monroe

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]