Kiryas Joel posts new signs for visitors

Kiryas Joel posts new signs for visitors

There are 8 comments on the Recordonline.com - The Times Herald-Record story from Aug 31, 2010, titled Kiryas Joel posts new signs for visitors. In it, Recordonline.com - The Times Herald-Record reports that:

A large new sign greets visitors as they cross over Route 17 on Forest Avenue and enter a world where the skirts and shirt sleeves are always long, regardless of the season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Recordonline.com - The Times Herald-Record.

ahofer

Ossining, NY

#1 Aug 31, 2010
Sorry, but this is America and this is offensive to outsiders who have a perfect right to visit public property in any dress that's legal. This repressive society has no right to impose it's narrow minded attitudes on the rest of the American public.
Offended

AOL

#2 Aug 31, 2010
why don't you people buy an island and live there? How dare you tell me what to wear in public...or to not walk with my spouse? You people are rude ...narrow minded ...Go back to you country this is AMERICA LAND OF THE FREE!! You build your own stores so you do not pay taxes ...did you not come to America to get away from a land that had resrictions that you could not walk there free? BS to your so called laws!!!
Offended

AOL

#3 Aug 31, 2010
to add on these people are getting away with paying taxes to OUR government! they had cars going with loudspeakers when The FBI was coming Balaring "Not open their doors"... they are buying land and making their own rules and Laws...I will be visisting your cityin my Daisy Duke Shorts witha tank top...a man on each arm .....you going to throw me in jail??? Well make sure your charges STICK To the Laws of OUR LAND not your beliefs!!!

PS Take a bath with soap and use deodorant!!!
A sane and modest human

United States

#5 Sep 12, 2010
Offended wrote:
to add on these people are getting away with paying taxes to OUR government! they had cars going with loudspeakers when The FBI was coming Balaring "Not open their doors"... they are buying land and making their own rules and Laws...I will be visisting your cityin my Daisy Duke Shorts witha tank top...a man on each arm .....you going to throw me in jail??? Well make sure your charges STICK To the Laws of OUR LAND not your beliefs!!!
PS Take a bath with soap and use deodorant!!!
-------
RESPONSE
Take a bath with soap and use deoderant???, what has that got to do with modesty. Did you tell this to your mom and her mom? they werent in tank tops, and they were oK. it is just that all morality has gone and with this the restraint of men as well, and if someone oogles and looks at you, you yell???? why?? youre naked and ready for all. Just like the naked animals in the woods. Aint any better. As you mention, your only wish is to come with a man on each arm, that is all you think about and that is all your life is about and come show it for all. and who do you think will make fun of you??? yes your so called naked neighbors. But first they will take advantage of you and make you think you are happy, and then they will laugh at the ready for all naked one.
sara

United States

#6 Sep 24, 2010
jmo but this is a doorway that needs to close. We live in America where we are free. By allowing this sign (and town rules to stand) you are jeapodizing freedom, would it be ok if a muslim community put up a sign telling you to obey there beliefs? you cant ahve your cake and eat it too. Look at the puritans they were similar in a way and wanted all to act like them thats one of the reasons we have religious freeom in this country.
Anonymous

Yonkers, NY

#7 Sep 28, 2010
I have a question. My sister in law married a non-jew. She is from Monroe NY (we believe Kiryas Joel.) She is very secretive; 3 different names, does not share information about her "community" and will not tell her family of her life outside of this HORRIFIC place. She visits the child she left behind once every month or two (disgusting.) ANyway, she says she left of her own accord. We don't believe her. Is it possible to be "banished?" If so for what reasons. Thank you.
Anonymous

Yonkers, NY

#8 Sep 28, 2010
I'd like to post a sign upon entering my town:

"Please respect our town.
Removal of Yarmulkes appreciated.
No large black hats or prayer shawls.
Please conceal all long, curly, sidelocks."
Thank you.
yuk

United States

#9 Sep 29, 2010
These people are uglifying the area at an unbelievable rate. It's time local politicians got a backbone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kiryas Joel to begin rezoning land annexed from... 7 hr Moses Kestenbaum ODA 8
News County delays review of KJa s town creation pro... 15 hr Bob Hunter 2
News Middletown mayor accuses KJ of lying about wate... 21 hr Moses Kestenbaum ODA 1
News Prosecutors Grill De Blasio Over Ties To Satmar... Sat Moses Kestenbaum ODA 1
News South Blooming Grove Residents Solicited to Sel... (Jun '16) Mar 22 Common Sense 3
News When do Kiryas Joel officials meet? Theya re no... Mar 22 Kevin R 4
News Legislator wants more discussions on KJ proposa... Mar 19 Vadez 4

Monroe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monroe Mortgages