Who do you support for Governor in New York in 2010?

Posted in the Monroe Forum

Comments (Page 299)

Showing posts 5,961 - 5,980 of6,333
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
FTW

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Will you retards let this thread die already. I

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

FTW wrote:
Will you retards let this thread die already. I
Thank you for your concerns, it helps keep the thread going.
die

Lowville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Some people are like slinkys....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

die wrote:
Some people are like slinkys....
.....they live in trailors in Gloversville waiting for their welfare checks, and then die.
De Odumbo Conser

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
Same firepower, really? You are a moron.
Ah, so the British had more powerful muskets? I gotta hear this one.
De Odumbo Conser

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
The Happyland massacre happened on March 25, 1990. To call you a Moron is to be too generous, Moron.
What was your point about fire, anyway? In 2010 8,775 people were killed with firearms; 74 were killed with fire. And you draw from this the conclusion that because we don't regulate fire we shouldn't regulate guns? You're a genius.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
What was your point about fire, anyway? In 2010 8,775 people were killed with firearms; 74 were killed with fire. And you draw from this the conclusion that because we don't regulate fire we shouldn't regulate guns? You're a genius.
The point was, that your information was erroneous. On the fourth of July weekend in Chicago, the city where guns are banned, several people shot to death and numerous wounded, in gang warfare.
The Mayor and the President never mention that , do they, its the guns that are banned that do all the killing. Why not enforce RICO statutes against these thugs in gangland chicago? Its the NRA, thats the problem, right silly puppet?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so the British had more powerful muskets? I gotta hear this one.
the British brought to bear their field artillery. This didn't just include cannons, but mortars and early Howitzers (a cannon with a rifled bore). There are three primary types of rounds used for these weapons, a standard cannonball, a "bomb[ard]", and Lagrange or basically any sharp metallic objects you could stuff into the barrel to create a large shotgun. The last type I mentioned was mostly used at sea, but were probably used as improvised ammunition to the American colonists.

I could continue about field discipline and the ability of a british soldier to reload his musket three times in a minute, but you really don't want to be educated.

We won because of the perseverence of George Washington who inspired the desire of Liberty in free men.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
The point was, that your information was erroneous. On the fourth of July weekend in Chicago, the city where guns are banned, several people shot to death and numerous wounded, in gang warfare.
The Mayor and the President never mention that , do they, its the guns that are banned that do all the killing. Why not enforce RICO statutes against these thugs in gangland chicago? Its the NRA, thats the problem, right silly puppet?
Fifty-four people were shot in Chicago between Friday night and Monday morning. Ten of the victims were killed, including two boys, between 16 and 20, who were found lying face down, naked, on the South Side early Monday morning.[Sun-Times]

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

I am in charge of everything;

and responsible for nothing
boring

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
The point was, that your information was erroneous. On the fourth of July weekend in Chicago, the city where guns are banned
Speaking of erroneous information, guns are not banned in Chicago. Boy you sure are dumb.
De Odumbo Conser

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
Fifty-four people were shot in Chicago between Friday night and Monday morning. Ten of the victims were killed, including two boys, between 16 and 20, who were found lying face down, naked, on the South Side early Monday morning.[Sun-Times]
And guns are still not banned in Chicago. And you're still dumb.
De Odumbo Conser

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
the British brought to bear their field artillery. This didn't just include cannons, but mortars and early Howitzers (a cannon with a rifled bore). There are three primary types of rounds used for these weapons, a standard cannonball, a "bomb[ard]", and Lagrange or basically any sharp metallic objects you could stuff into the barrel to create a large shotgun. The last type I mentioned was mostly used at sea, but were probably used as improvised ammunition to the American colonists.
I could continue about field discipline and the ability of a british soldier to reload his musket three times in a minute, but you really don't want to be educated.
We won because of the perseverence of George Washington who inspired the desire of Liberty in free men.
Aw, look who can copy and paste. And look who can't spell "perseverance". How cute.
De Odumbo Conser

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting what you left out of your copy and paste job, by the way. Why don't we look at it in its entirety, so we can put your disingenuous hatchet job on full display:

"But by the middle of the war, the Americans had dragged the British into fighting on their terms, i.e. not on open ground. In Europe, most battle was done in the open battlefield in an organized manner where your met your opponents in battle.

This allows the British to bring to bear their field artillery. This didn't just include cannons, but mortars and early Howitzers (a cannon with a rifled bore). There are three primary types of rounds used for these weapons, a standard cannonball, a "bomb[ard]", and Lagrange or basically any sharp metallic objects you could stuff into the barrel to create a large shotgun. The last type I mentioned was mostly used at sea, but were probably used as improvised ammunition to the American colonists."

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_guns_where_use...

So what I said is exactly true: the British had no advantage in weaponry at all, as the fighting was not done out in open fields as it was in Europe, depriving the Brits of their use of cannons, mortars, etc.

Boy, this must be really embarrassing for you.

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
A howitzer is not a cannon with rifled bore.A howitzer is a short barreled cannon that has a trajectory between a cannon and a mortar. Regardless of rifling.In fact at that time the British employed very few rifled weapons of any type.The British felt the increase difficulty of manufacture and slower reload times of any and all rifled weapons offset the pros of rifling.In fact in the early days of rifled artillery a standard cannon was most likely to be rifled more than a howitzer.An example would be a Hotchkiss cannon of the late 1800's.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

boring wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of erroneous information, guns are not banned in Chicago. Boy you sure are dumb.
It is a city where until recently, law abiding citizens where not allowed to carry concealed weapons, unless they were gang members in good standing.

SPRINGFIELD, Ill.-- As Illinois prepares to become the last state in the country to allow the concealed carry of firearms,........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text>A howitzer is not a cannon with rifled bore.A howitzer is a short barreled cannon that has a trajectory between a cannon and a mortar. Regardless of rifling.In fact at that time the British employed very few rifled weapons of any type.The British felt the increase difficulty of manufacture and slower reload times of any and all rifled weapons offset the pros of rifling.In fact in the early days of rifled artillery a standard cannon was most likely to be rifled more than a howitzer.An example would be a Hotchkiss cannon of the late 1800's.
Howitzer

Referring to a really fat girl. Comes from the saying "Bringin in the big guns"

"That club would be nice if there weren't so many howitzers in there"
De Odumbo Conser

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

SirLiesAlot wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a city where until recently, law abiding citizens where not allowed to carry concealed weapons, unless they were gang members in good standing.
SPRINGFIELD, Ill.-- As Illinois prepares to become the last state in the country to allow the concealed carry of firearms,........
Fail. Chicago does not have a firearm ban of any kind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

With 54 people shot over the weekend, I can only express my frustration with your ignorance by borrowing the famous democratic secy of state most profound exclamation:

"What difference does it make?"
De Odumbo Conser

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

SirLiesAlot wrote:
With 54 people shot over the weekend, I can only express my frustration with your ignorance by borrowing the famous democratic secy of state most profound exclamation:
"What difference does it make?"
Okay, I admit it, you're right. Let's just drop it, you win, okay?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,961 - 5,980 of6,333
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monroe Discussions

Search the Monroe Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 34 min Lol 16,772
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 8 hr MacDaddyobama 6,354
make it to mothers (Jul '10) Mon Louise 101
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 20 Sham Hanutty 436
Lexington Hills Condos (Sep '06) Jul 17 curious 149
Washingtonville High School principal charged w... (Oct '10) Jul 16 deep quarry 163
dog park Jul 16 Leslie Kean 1
•••
•••

Monroe News Video

•••
•••

Monroe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monroe People Search