Where to get Building Materials

Posted in the Monroe Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Monroe Newcomer

Waxhaw, NC

#1 Feb 1, 2011
I am a newcomer to Monroe that is planning to build a house.Any suggestions on where buy building materials. My coworkers have told me about Locust Lumber.Any feedback will be appreciated.
Railfan

Waxhaw, NC

#2 Feb 11, 2011
Have you tried CBS? They are on 601.
Monroe Newcomer

Waxhaw, NC

#3 Feb 12, 2011
I have been warned to stay away from there. Coworker had a bad experience when he built his house. He told me that the people are rude,service bad,and materials poor quality.
Bricklayer

Waxhaw, NC

#4 Feb 12, 2011
Their brick operation sucks. There used to be a guy named Jerry over there that knew his stuff. Since he left, nobody seems to know a brick from a hole in the ground. The main fellow over the whole place has got to be one of the most arrogant and rude people you could ever meet. My contractor buddies who are in the know say the place is going under. I can see why.
Contractor

Midland, NC

#5 Feb 15, 2011
Bricklayer is correct. The manager is an @$$ and the place is going down fast it seems. Although I have bought materials from them in the past, I wouldn't buy materials for my dog house there now.
Former Customer

Matthews, NC

#6 May 19, 2011
Sorriest group of people I've ever done business with. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
Used To Go There

Waxhaw, NC

#7 Aug 5, 2011
If that bald head ass is the manager, then yeah he is quite the f*&khead.
Helen and Jack

Monroe, NC

#9 Aug 6, 2011
Do not buy anything from Home Depot

Just a reminder that people are boycotting the "home Depot" because they are contributing big money to homosexual groups and trying to get gay marriage in churches all over the country. They are also the sponsor of the Gay parades.

American Family says the company's sponsorship of and participation in numerous "gay pride" parades and festivals has included deliberate exposure of "lascivious displays of sexual conduct" to small children. In addition, according to the website BoycottTheHomeDepot.com , the home improvement retailer has erected "Kids Workshops" as a vendor at pro-homosexual festivals, given thousands of dollars to be a parade sponsor -- and permitted its employees to march in parades as representatives of the company.
Dennis

Waxhaw, NC

#10 Aug 10, 2011
Don't go to CBS. Former Customer is correct in that is the sorriest group of people I have ever had dealings with.
Phony Hill

Waxhaw, NC

#11 Nov 1, 2011
CBS is the pits.
Dick Lemon

Waxhaw, NC

#12 Nov 13, 2011
I work there and I hate everyone connected
Jean Tritter

Waxhaw, NC

#13 Nov 13, 2011
I work there and I hate it.
Rev C E Crowder

Monroe, NC

#15 Nov 14, 2011
All this bad talk about Contractor Building Supply and it seems like only one person writing under different names. I know the man who is in charge of the masonry, bricks and so forth to be an honest Christian man who will go out of his way to help others. I have seen him do it many times and some have taken advantage of him because of it. Still he lives the life Christ Jesus taught us to live. I do not know the company very well but I know Teddy Griffin and he is a wonderful person. I have great admiration for him and his walk with the savior. So be careful who your words hurt.
Freddie Robarts

Waxhaw, NC

#19 Dec 9, 2011
CBS= Crooked Board Store.
Lasalle Burgess

Monroe, NC

#20 Dec 12, 2011
I get my stuff at Locust Lumber Co. They are good to go and have about everything at reasonable prices. I have bought stuff at CBS and they are ok but a little high. Lowes is outrageous high. Their is a lumber yard out of Albemarle that is best on stick lumber anywhere around here but they don't always have what you need.
wondering

United States

#21 Dec 13, 2011
Wadesboro Lumber and Barn. Ask for DOC
Local

United States

#22 Dec 13, 2011
Carolina Hardware. Great customer service and prices!

BUY AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS FROM AMERICAN BUSINESSES
WSFail

Waxhaw, NC

#23 Dec 13, 2011
wondering wrote:
Wadesboro Lumber and Barn. Ask for DOC
I second this. If you don't mind the drive to Wadesboro you will be happy with their prices and service.
Rafe Hollister

Monroe, NC

#24 Dec 14, 2011
Hometown products, hometown service.

Nothing beats the courteous folks at Carolina Hardware on Unico Road in Marshville. They will go out of their way to see that you are satisfied. If they don't have it, they can get it!

The best prices! Drive a little and save a lot! Stop in Today!

Merry CHRISTmas from your friends at Carolina Hardware, just off of US 74 on Unico Road, across from The Pier Restaurant.
wondering

United States

#25 Dec 14, 2011
Sorry Carolina had their chance and blew it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confederate flag, monument rally set for Saturd... 14 hr whoever 2
News Source: Body found dismembered in woods near St... Fri vam 2
NEVER leave your children alone with the PERVER... (Oct '11) Fri Wheelman 22
Aaron Plyler grandson in jail (Feb '12) Fri Call to action 17
Thrift Store(old BC Moores) (Sep '14) Jul 29 whoever 13
union county animal shelter (Jan '07) Jul 28 Mister Whitley to... 48
Monroe bypass construction started Jul 23 Jimbo 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monroe Mortgages