Marshville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

At 1 AM May 23 there was another Murder committed on Lanesboro Road, north of town. There have been 5 murders committed around or in town in the last 12 months. That is a horrible statistic for the town of Marshville to have. How were these people killed? The answer is guns. Shotguns, rifles and pistols. The bullets rip into bodies and sever arteries, rip into vital organs and stop them from functioning. The blood runs like a river from the body and life ends. We must do something about the proliferation of guns in our society. It is much to easy to get guns. A rife or shotgun requires a simple form that is filled out by the purchaser and sent into the ATF office where it is put on file. They are rarely looked at or examined unless the gun in question is used to commit a felony. Pistols require a permit obtained after a background check is done by the sheriff department. It takes several weeks to get the permit because the deputies have many things to check about the person who applied to buy a pistol. Once you get a permit you can buy the pistol of your choice. The best sellers are high powered large caliber semi-automatics such as Glock. Their high velocity bullets tear through human flesh like paper and do great harm. Only the police and military should have these weapons. There is no need for such firepower to defend yourself. Smaller caliber weapons such as .22 .308 or .38 will strop a bad guy and render him unable to attack if aimed well.

Lets support the president and start a reasonable form of control on these death weapons.
Just Curious

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Do we know who was killed this time?
country by heart

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

It is NOT the guns that kill people, it is mean people that kill people!! When somebody drives drunk and kills somebody, we don't say the alcohol killed that person, we say that driver killed that person by being irresponsible. When someone kills somebody with a knife, we don't say knives kill people we say that person killed somebody. Gun Control is not even a reasonable solution. Mean people will still be able to get guns. However, us innocent people will have no way to protect our property or our families because we abided by the law and don't own guns! I am definitely for the NRA. It is my constitutional right to bear arms!!
David

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Selma Edwards, you are stupid if you believe what you wrote. The guy just shot was an intruder. Murder can be committed with a knife or an axe. At this time restricting guns ONLY means restricting the good guys, because the "bad actors" already don't play by the rules. Think before you say dumb stuff.
citizen 4926

Lexington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

By the way salema u can get a permit to buy a pistol same day and yes the one dead was a intruder shot inside of house and got outside where they rightfully died bible even said to take up arms for ur family for protection and that's what happened sorry if ur a stick in the mud but get off ur high horse and have a nice day
Mrs Selma Edwards

Marshville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Let's be respectful. People have different opinions. The man who was shot had family and people that loved him. Yes, if he was breaking in he was wrong but someone will cry and hurt because he is dead. If the people in the house had got a ball bat or golf club or a bottle of wasp spray they could have made the man leave without shooting him. They gave him a death sentence without a fair trial. I know the person who shot the man feels bad. It is a terrible thing to take someone's life. They will cry, rend their clothing and gnash their teeth feeling the guilt. They will cry to the Lord for forgiveness.

It is time to do away with high powered, big caliber weapons, hollow point bullets, clips and magazines.
JohnHamhock

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Mrs Selma Edwards wrote:
Let's be respectful. People have different opinions. The man who was shot had family and people that loved him. Yes, if he was breaking in he was wrong but someone will cry and hurt because he is dead. If the people in the house had got a ball bat or golf club or a bottle of wasp spray they could have made the man leave without shooting him. They gave him a death sentence without a fair trial. I know the person who shot the man feels bad. It is a terrible thing to take someone's life. They will cry, rend their clothing and gnash their teeth feeling the guilt. They will cry to the Lord for forgiveness.
It is time to do away with high powered, big caliber weapons, hollow point bullets, clips and magazines.
He had a gun too, selma. He broke in the wrong place, the homeowner WAS NOT a leftwing lunatic and gave him just what he deserved.
JohnHamhock

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

AND selma, had the man done what you and the liar in chief want, he would not have been able to defend himself and his family from this THUG.
chris

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

You obviously have no clues as to what your talking about and have no clue about firearms, which means you have hated them before this or any other incident has occured recently, you refered to a glock as a high powered gun but said and I quote a .308 would be fine but glocks come in .380 and 9mm which are both smaller than the 38 you said would be fine and yet a .308 is deadly and accurate at over 500 yards, that being said gun laws only pretain to law abiding citizens not criminals that go buy what I call throw away guns, so your perfect world that you so desire only leads to devastation, for good citizens
Marshville Citizen 19

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

YOU support your "president", as I'm sure you blacks will. 96% of your kind voted for this communist. Add to that the illegal vote, throw in a few White Liberal trash, and there he is. He and his whole party of lunatics, whackos, wingdings, homosexuals, atheists, and general debris.
country by heart

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Oh, Selma I can see it now! While the thug has a gun on me and my family let me tell him to wait while I get the wasp spray! LOL You have got to be kidding! If you are stupid enough to break into someone else's home that they have worked hard for then you get what you deserve. Kudos to the person who shot the idiot who obviously don't want to work but steal from those that do!!! I personally would not feel bad for shooting someone breaking in on me! His family may be sorry and hurting and he may have been a son, brother, daddy or whatever, but he should have thought of them before he broke the law. I hope nobody ever comes and breaks in your house, you better have your wasp spray ready you big dummy!!! And do you play golf and have a golf club laying around. A ball bat could have shattered his skull and made mince meat out of his brain then we would have had to pay for all his medical treatment. Like I said Good Job to the homeowner who defended himself and his family per the constitutional right we have!!!
David

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Nobody need ask for forgiveness here. Justice was done. Had the homeowner not been apropriately armed, the criminal would now need forgiveness. I'm good the way it is.
Brandon

Wingate, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Yeah we do need to get rid of the crazy guns that murder all these people. I can't believe that a gun would just want to grow legs and kill. We really need to lock up our guns so they can't go out and murder people. Just like with my children when they are playing with the clothes iron when they aren't supposed to I go and I punish the clothes iron because there is no way my sweet kids would ever get in trouble if that iron wasn't around. So shame on guns for all the harm they cause because no person would ever find any other way to murder someone if there was no guns
Marshville Citizen 19

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

It's all about being black, isn't it Selma? Yeah, yeah, heard it a gazillion times. Haven't we all? Just throw brains completely out the window--it's about black. Perfect excuse for everything.
umm

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Mrs Selma Edwards wrote:
At 1 AM May 23 there was another Murder committed on Lanesboro Road, north of town. There have been 5 murders committed around or in town in the last 12 months. That is a horrible statistic for the town of Marshville to have. How were these people killed? The answer is guns. Shotguns, rifles and pistols. The bullets rip into bodies and sever arteries, rip into vital organs and stop them from functioning. The blood runs like a river from the body and life ends. We must do something about the proliferation of guns in our society. It is much to easy to get guns. A rife or shotgun requires a simple form that is filled out by the purchaser and sent into the ATF office where it is put on file. They are rarely looked at or examined unless the gun in question is used to commit a felony. Pistols require a permit obtained after a background check is done by the sheriff department. It takes several weeks to get the permit because the deputies have many things to check about the person who applied to buy a pistol. Once you get a permit you can buy the pistol of your choice. The best sellers are high powered large caliber semi-automatics such as Glock. Their high velocity bullets tear through human flesh like paper and do great harm. Only the police and military should have these weapons. There is no need for such firepower to defend yourself. Smaller caliber weapons such as .22 .308 or .38 will strop a bad guy and render him unable to attack if aimed well.
Lets support the president and start a reasonable form of control on these death weapons.
Ummm yeah, I got my pistol permit in less than 24 hrs. I'm now in the process of getting my CC. I will buy whatever I feel like because of the 2nd amendment. If you're next to me & someone is trying to hurt you, yes, I have the option of protecting you...or not. If someone is trying to hurt me, I will protect myself with whatever I feel like. Duh, shooting targets is a fun hobby. It's not our fault some humans have a screw loose & fall through the cracks. Peace. PS, I am a woman & can't wait to have the power in my hands.
Marshville Citizen 19

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Banning things makes Liberals feel important. Ban and tax, tax and ban--it frustrates Liberals to no end that they can't have respect. Taxing and banning are their only 2 traits in their personal makeup and character.
David

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Is Selma black? So what. I heard all day it was a black man who shot a white man, and I still think he got justice. Why does color have anything to do with it? Don't you dammit dare tell me blacks commit more violent crimes than other ethnicities.
country by heart

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

I don't care what color, religion or anything else. I have the right by constitution to bare arms and protect me & my family. If somebody breaks in that is their decision not mine and I will do what I think is in the best interest of my family not the person breaking in to do what needs to be done!! If that person has a family that will grieve for them, then they should have thought of that before!!! We are not talking children we are talking adults who know the difference. Come to my house and break in, I will know you are there before you know you are there and I will be prepared!! I promise if I feel threatened you will leave in a body bag. Hate it for your family but that is the choice you made not me!!!
Marshville Citizen 19

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Blacks are Liberals, no less than 96% of them.
Mrs Selma Edwards

Marshville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

These are dangerous times. Not only the shootings in Marshville but all over the country. It is out of control. Think of those innocent children in Conneticut. Think of the children in Colorado who died horrible painful deaths at the hands of a man with a gun. I gree guns are needed for protection of our lives and property if they are threatened but here is something you overlooked. None of those children were threatening anyone yet they were gunned down just like the bandit who tried to rob the man in Marshville. The NRA has a lot of members and a lot of money. Who do you think controls the NRA? It's not the members, it's the gun manufacturers and they are getting filthy rich off of all this controversy. The NRA is telling it's members to say things like..."guns don't kill, people do"...and that is true but by making guns so easy to obtain there are more in the hands of people who shouldn't hold them--unstable, mentally deranged. They can get guns too.

We need to get rid of the hate of the the Tea Party and embrace the words of our great President. The Tea Party is trying every lie they can think of to make our president look bad. They tried to make out like he caused the ambassodor to get killed. That turned out to be a lie. Now they are trying to make like the IRS is spies. That is another lie. Wake up Americans

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monroe Discussions

Search the Monroe Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 4 min Mr Crazy Man 58,025
Debate: Ferguson - Marshville, NC 1 hr Mike Stegall 6
auto repair ?????? 3 hr pro rod auto repair 1
Randy Traywick Travis 3 hr Katmarks 3
Let's play Marshville Jeopardy (Jun '10) 20 hr Mike Stegall 579
Marshville man accused of 2 murders spanning 24... Aug 16 Facebook 10
Five N.C.Judges having sex with little Filipino... (Jun '11) Aug 14 Judge Weiner 43
•••
•••
•••
Monroe Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monroe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••