Pedestrian struck, killed in Monroe

Pedestrian struck, killed in Monroe

There are 1 comment on the The Charlotte Observer story from Nov 4, 2013, titled Pedestrian struck, killed in Monroe. In it, The Charlotte Observer reports that:

Monroe police are investigating the death of a man who apparently was struck and killed by a vehicle Sunday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Charlotte Observer.

Witness

Norcross, GA

#1 Nov 4, 2013
The pedestrian was in an altered state of mind. Maybe he was intoxicated or had mental problems. He had been running up and down our street screaming, and even attempted to break into the neighbor's house. In two instances, we saw him jump in front of two cars; the man was clearly suicidal. On his third attempt, he jumped in front of the SUV and the driver didn't see him. The pedestrian seems to have had an internal hemorrhage and was in a coma on the side of the road. He was still moving. Seems like he died inside the ambulance, where they began giving him CPR and such.

The John Doe seemed to be a dangerous man; we were afraid in our household that he word try to harm one of us. Although he was being a threat and intentionally jumped in front of the car, I do hope that they find one of his relatives, as he has still not been claimed by anyone. Was a temporary problem worth dying and making someone else live with the memory of that for the rest of his life?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Verde Building Solutions Inc (Dec '14) Mon Charlotte Homeowner 8
employees of Lucas Landscapping Mon Justice 55
!!Breaking News Kristy Brooks!! Mon hole in the wall 44
Paul and Nathan Lucas assault Mike Wallace Jun 19 Steve 1
Can a black man be a redneck? (Mar '10) Jun 16 balls deep 26
Who is the Monroe, NC rightwing whacko nut? (Sep '14) Jun 8 hole in the wall 12
ATnT Jun 5 Digger 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monroe Mortgages