Jehovah's Witnesses try to be inclusive

Jan 9, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Enquirer-Journal

Kingdom Hall Jehovaha s Witnesses aim to include everyone. a oeSomething that is outstanding is our unity,a said David Semonian, a spokesman for the church.

Comments
2,161 - 2,180 of 2,187 Comments Last updated Jan 26, 2013
Susie B

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

LL, I am so tired!
I am going to bed...and its only 12:30 AM!
Hahaha...I will email you tomorrow.
AGAPE!
KFC - San Diego

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
hi susie, if we walk in the light of Gods word , then the blood of his son cleanses us from all sin. So I know from your words that Christ has made a great impact on you, So ' forgetting the things behind , push on to the things ahead.' No one can go backwards its just a waste of time, we can only go forward. they are baiting you, and wanting you to defend yourself. But thanks be to God he knows that none of us can stand if errors were what god looks for. But thank God jesus offering of blood on the mercy seat makes ATONEMENT [ Covering] for our sins.
We all sin...and I believe there is a huge difference between "weakness and wickedness...the two W's. Weak would involve making an error and asking forgiveness from those you hurt BEFORE going to God....i.e., "leave you gift at the alter and go make peace with your brother and then return to me". Wicked is to keep making the error a practice. God is giving us the time now to make our amends and straighten our paths, self included. Lets all follow our perfect model, whom we should all be looking to, Christ. Just a thought.

Since: Feb 09

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

KFC - San Diego wrote:
<quoted text>
But I really like the water on earth. I love the paradise hope. Who does not want to live in an earthly paradise right now. We can't even imagine what we are really missing can we? Crystal clear water falls and drinking water. Everyone singing with beautiful loud "voices" praising God. Everything we yearn for is right here. Clean white sandy beach with no cigarette butts. Sleep outside next to crackling fire, aroma's of wild flowers, small cozy blanket, surrounded by friends. Wake to the laughter of children playing. Yes heaven sound foreign and unexpected. What would one do in heaven? It is not a desire within (me). And you?
All that sounds great to some made of flesh.

But spirit creatures require none of those things or desire them. For a spirit creature to desire such things would be abnormal; a perversion similar to a man desiring the things in the life of an animal.

Jesus himself said that, "YOU people MUST be born again" meaning that in order for us to continue living, in accordance with or Creator's said will, human beings must be born of spirit to enter God's kingdom. This applies to everyone.

Recall when some people asked Jesus about which of the seven brothers will get the wife in the resurrection? Jesus told them that the people of this world now marry and are given in marriage. But those he judges as faithful will not marry or be given in marriage in the new world. He also said they have become as angels and they can NEVER die again due to the fact that they are now sons of God.

Anyone counted not worthy of the new world is destroyed.
JW lies are exposed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

Prime wrote:
<quoted text>Oh that was brilliant NR now were REALLY REALLY convinced that your not you ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
Did she ask you to clean a dove cage?
LOL!
Maybe she means the aviary?
KFC - San Diego

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

CIA Free wrote:
<quoted text>
All that sounds great to some made of flesh.
But spirit creatures require none of those things or desire them. For a spirit creature to desire such things would be abnormal; a perversion similar to a man desiring the things in the life of an animal.
Jesus himself said that, "YOU people MUST be born again" meaning that in order for us to continue living, in accordance with or Creator's said will, human beings must be born of spirit to enter God's kingdom. This applies to everyone.
Recall when some people asked Jesus about which of the seven brothers will get the wife in the resurrection? Jesus told them that the people of this world now marry and are given in marriage. But those he judges as faithful will not marry or be given in marriage in the new world. He also said they have become as angels and they can NEVER die again due to the fact that they are now sons of God.
Anyone counted not worthy of the new world is destroyed.
Well, I pretty much fit the description of a woman not marrying nor given in marriage. Not searching. Not AT ALL IN WANT. I had my husband and he was all I ever needed! Because I have no further desire does not make me love this earth any less. I simply have no desire to remarry or carry on in that manner! Yet I am not spirit and still can love right here, where my heart has always been as God had planted in my heart to begin with.
JW lies are exposed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

I actually like that post!
Very good KFC.
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

KFC - San Diego wrote:
<quoted text>
We all sin...and I believe there is a huge difference between "weakness and wickedness...the two W's. Weak would involve making an error and asking forgiveness from those you hurt BEFORE going to God....i.e., "leave you gift at the alter and go make peace with your brother and then return to me". Wicked is to keep making the error a practice. God is giving us the time now to make our amends and straighten our paths, self included. Lets all follow our perfect model, whom we should all be looking to, Christ. Just a thought.
thats quite a nice thought . But jesus actually says to us 'if you being WICKED know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will God give Holy Spirit to those asking him.'
Jesus tells us we are quite WICKED, and unless we are born again of spirit we can't SEE the kingdom of God." and unless we are born again of spirit and water we can't ENTER the kingdom of God.'
So this old human nature we inherited from Adam has to die, because its wicked.
and this is something the watchtower does not teach. that the flesh is opposed to the spirit. and we have to put to death the practices of the flesh by the spirit.
You are being taught that the 'born again of spirit' principle does not apply to you. But jesus says it does for he uses the words ' unless ANYONE is born again,...'And that ANYONE means ANYONE including YOURSELF.
KFC - San Diego

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

JW lies are exposed wrote:
Very good KFC.
Thanks, it's the truth. What would I do in a spirit realm but wish I were right here on earth where my heart is. God has a bigger better plan for me but my job today is to make sure my thinking is in line with HIS plan. He has not put a spirit realm plan in my heart yet. Hope no time soon either!

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

JW lies are exposed wrote:
Very good KFC.
yes I agree, when one knows that they have a heavenly hope they have no doubt about it, those with an earthly hope wish nothing of a heavenly abode.

well said KFC.

“GOD'S TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

A SMALL VILLAGE IN UPSTATE NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

KFC - San Diego wrote:
<quoted text>
But I really like the water on earth. I love the paradise hope. Who does not want to live in an earthly paradise right now. We can't even imagine what we are really missing can we? Crystal clear water falls and drinking water. Everyone singing with beautiful loud "voices" praising God. Everything we yearn for is right here. Clean white sandy beach with no cigarette butts. Sleep outside next to crackling fire, aroma's of wild flowers, small cozy blanket, surrounded by friends. Wake to the laughter of children playing. Yes heaven sound foreign and unexpected. What would one do in heaven? It is not a desire within (me). And you?
There is so much to be said about the wisdom and practicality found in the Native American ways of thinking which relate to what you are speaking about:

"Where no one intrudes, many can live in harmony." ---Chief Dan George

"Before our white brothers arrived to make us civilized men,
we didn't have any kind of prison. Because of this, we had no delinquents

Without a prison, there can be no delinquents.

We had no locks nor keys and therefore among us there were no thieves.

When someone was so poor that he couldn't afford a horse, a tent or a blanket, he would, in that case, receive it all as a gift

We were too uncivilized to give great importance to private property.

We didn't know any kind of money and consequently, the value of a human being was not determined by his wealth.

We had no written laws laid down, no lawyers, no politicians,
therefore we were not able to cheat and swindle one another.

We were really in bad shape before the white men arrived and I don't know how to explain how we were able to manage without these fundamental things that (so they tell us) are so necessary for a civilized society."

John (Fire) Lame Deer
Sioux Lakota - 1903-1976

"Civilization has been thrust upon me.... and it has not added one whit to my love for truth, honesty, and generosity." - Luther Standing Bear, Oglala Sioux, 1868-1937

"Treat the earth well.
It was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
we borrow it from our Children."
Chief Seattle 1780-1866

"I do not think the measure of a civilization
is how tall its buildings of concrete are,
But rather how well its people have learned to relate
to their environment and fellow man."
Sun Bear of the Chippewa Tribe

As much as I enjoy many of the technological advances I have seen developed in my time here on earth, I also realize that the people/civilizations IN the world are at tremendous risk with all that is bad for them and that the earth itself is sick so that it cannot sustain life as it was intended to.

One of my favorite quotes says it all:

"Martin Luther King said,
'I have a dream.' But we Indians didn't have a dream. We had a reality."
Ben Black Elk 1863-1950
Darma

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
There is so much to be said about the wisdom and practicality found in the Native American ways of thinking which relate to what you are speaking about:
"Where no one intrudes, many can live in harmony." ---Chief Dan George
"Before our white brothers arrived to make us civilized men,
we didn't have any kind of prison. Because of this, we had no delinquents
Without a prison, there can be no delinquents.
We had no locks nor keys and therefore among us there were no thieves.
When someone was so poor that he couldn't afford a horse, a tent or a blanket, he would, in that case, receive it all as a gift
We were too uncivilized to give great importance to private property.
We didn't know any kind of money and consequently, the value of a human being was not determined by his wealth.
We had no written laws laid down, no lawyers, no politicians,
therefore we were not able to cheat and swindle one another.
We were really in bad shape before the white men arrived and I don't know how to explain how we were able to manage without these fundamental things that (so they tell us) are so necessary for a civilized society."
John (Fire) Lame Deer
Sioux Lakota - 1903-1976
"Civilization has been thrust upon me.... and it has not added one whit to my love for truth, honesty, and generosity." - Luther Standing Bear, Oglala Sioux, 1868-1937
"Treat the earth well.
It was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
we borrow it from our Children."
Chief Seattle 1780-1866
"I do not think the measure of a civilization
is how tall its buildings of concrete are,
But rather how well its people have learned to relate
to their environment and fellow man."
Sun Bear of the Chippewa Tribe
As much as I enjoy many of the technological advances I have seen developed in my time here on earth, I also realize that the people/civilizations IN the world are at tremendous risk with all that is bad for them and that the earth itself is sick so that it cannot sustain life as it was intended to.
One of my favorite quotes says it all:
"Martin Luther King said,
'I have a dream.' But we Indians didn't have a dream. We had a reality."
Ben Black Elk 1863-1950
That's beautiful.

We could all take that particular page out of the Native American book and be much better off for it.

Thank you for sharing.

“John 4:23,24”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
Native American spirituality video

http://www.definingmoment.tv/defining-moment-...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2010

Darma wrote:
<quoted text>
That's beautiful.
We could all take that particular page out of the Native American book and be much better off for it.
Thank you for sharing.
And thank YOU for your kind words, Darma. I have really enjoyed looking into the deep wisdom that has come from the First Americans!

Love and the cycle of life are sacred matters to the Native American. I have been told that knowledge about this world was passed to an Indian child by his parents and tribal elders, but his true wisdom came from the whispers he heard from every living thing and element with which he came in contact during his life.

His heart and ears are always listening for the soft voice of the wind in the pine, the mournful song of the coyote or the gentle laughter that danced on the ripples in the brook. He hears words in the soft breathing of his newborn child, the stirrings of his sleeping wife, and the wrinkles in the faces of his grandparents. Everything speaks to him and he holds a great respect for all life.

There is a lot of wisdom in the words of Chief Dan George (July 24, 1899–September 23, 1981) who was a chief of the Tsleil-Waututh Nation, British Columbia once said:

~~~"My friends, how desperately do we need to be loved and to love. Love is something you and I must have. We must have it because our spirit feeds upon it.

We must have it because without it we become weak and faint. Without love our self-esteem weakens.

Without it our courage fails. Without love we can no longer look out confidently at the world. We turn inward and begin to feed upon our own personalities, and little by little we destroy ourselves.

With it we are creative. With it we march tirelessly. With it, and with it alone, we are able to sacrifice for others."~~~

con't

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2010

con't

We see that ALL human beings need love and were designed with the capacity to give love and to receive it. WHY do some hold love BACK from others simply because they do not worship as they do? Only those individuals can answer that.

This deep love and true appreciation for ALL living things, is inherent in the Indigenous culture. They teach that ALL living things are connected to one another in some way. MODERN MAN and his truly divisive religions, sadly, have ruined this warm and tender philosophy and wonderfully inclusive way of LIFE in order to seemingly "make others better" in some way. The "love this one but not that one" is taught in the name of "good" but is not reflective OF what is good. Some forms of religion are far worse than others in this teaching.

One has only to look at the expressions that come from those here on this forum who claim to be representitives of the "only true religion on earth" but who continually demonstrate the complete lack of brotherly love and human compassion that they insist they are supposedly "known for" displaying. The deep and ongoing hatred of ANY who do not follow whatever the GB says, is clearly shown here day after day by WTS defenders.

The Watchtower Society's form of religion does not reflect that they teach nor do they even believe that.....God.....is.....love. Their cruel shunning policies and their "unique teachings" bear this out without question.

One can only feel pity for those who have been caught up in believing the WTS lies and pray that they may soon come to find that loving others is not based on whether or not they worship the way the GB insists on.....but to honestly and truly do to others as they would have done to them.

THIS IS a basic teaching of both Jesus Christ AND the people of the First Nations everywhere. Can YOU feel the love presented by any WTS defenders here?

There is a Native American proverb that says "you cannot give away what you don't have." If you have hate and venom living in your heart, then you are INCAPABLE of giving love, warmth or empathy to anyone else. Spouting a few "bible thoughts" pulled from scriptures in a twisted way, those that SEEM to promote the WTS hatred of others....is NOT love. Not even close....and what's more...everyone can see through these tactics...but them.

"Mentally, physically and spiritually, we are all connected together in a circle. It doesn’t matter what race we are. We all have a purpose, and we must learn to work together.” Franklin Kahn, Navajo Nation

"You have to humble yourself... You will be blessed according to your humility." Litefoot, Oneida Nation

We are ALL created by ONE GOD....the Great Creator of everything. Isn't it about time to "widen out", to open ALL hearts to the love and appreciation of ALL HE CREATED.....DESPITE OUR DIFFERENCES?
your jig is up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

JWForever wrote:
<quoted text>
You only think you know my name. Did Old Lady tell you that lie?
No one puts real names on the internet knowing that others are looking to do harm to them. I learned that a long time ago on other messageboards.
You would have no reason to use "CIA FREE AND cia free" if you weren't the same person. No "friend" would use his name to defame his friend as you did. You are a foul mouth, obnoxious abuser and probably with very serious mental problems that you display here.
No you are CIA/Jude and you have proved it. You just don't want your "friends" to know you have been lying all along to them.
You're busted.
No...YOU are busted.
Ask Chris.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

your jig is up wrote:
<quoted text>No...YOU are busted.
Ask Chris.
she is a such a liar JWF, EE put up what NR thought was my name, but I never gave her my real name when I first met her, I was still very very wary, still she told someone and they did put it up on this forum.

Was quite outraged as the email I used anyway was not mine, I was only just learning the computer and sharing at the time. I knew there was something wrong with this group but never thought they were that spitful and horrible. And yet I knew her name and email, and I have never once called her by her first name, even when others did, I never joined in using NRs name.
humble man

Newark, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

I am very humble and believe there are good and bad amongst all people and that includes the witnesses, they are simply misguided and indoctrinated and made to feel guilt by the Watchtower society. I would say to them follow Jesus and not a man made organisation

Since: Feb 09

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

KFC - San Diego wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you already beheld what God has in store for you in His heavenly kingdom? Don't be too quick to pass judgment. That Mustang GT looked real good until you saw that candy apple red Ferrari.

In this particular case, the grass in heaven is indeed much greener -- and better in every way.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

noahsday wrote:
<quoted text>yes I agree, when one knows that they have a heavenly hope they have no doubt about it, those with an earthly hope wish nothing of a heavenly abode.
well said KFC.
You are not FIT to live in heaven and rule over this earth. You are the problem here on earth..........keep dreaming.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

KFC - San Diego wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness, such small petty thinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monroe Discussions

Search the Monroe Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 min Victoria 56,139
Review: Venture Pest Control Of Charlotte (Jun '12) Jul 24 jim 19
Do it yourself teeth whitening (May '10) Jul 24 luvnut 21
outdoor art Jul 24 luvnut 2
STD epidemic Jul 24 luvnut 8
Editer of Home newspaper Jul 23 whowhat 2
welcome signs Jul 20 luvnut 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monroe Jobs

•••