Closing arguments in John Edwards trial set for Thursday
When prosecutors and defense lawyers in the John Edwards trial take their turns before jurors Thursday morning for closing arguments, each side will weave together testimony of witnesses with hundreds of pages of phone records, financial statements, political schedules, email and voicemail messages.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Herald.
#1 May 17, 2012
Can we the people believe and continue to allow the Justice Dept to spend millions of our hard earned taxes to fuel thier Witch Hunts? This case had no Merritt but yet the Gestapo convinced a Grand Jury of 6 seperate crimes. Does anyone else smell Prosecuritorial Misconduct?
The Justice Dept does anything but deliver justice to the American people. We watch the Attorney General lie to Congress about Fast and Furious. We see the Secret Service get away with crimes we the people would go to jail for treason. We see the EPA admit they try to Crucify taxpayers to scare compliance into other. We see the GSA spend $830,000 at parties. This is just in the last few months. You tell me were the justice is.
#2 May 17, 2012
Anybody in this whole sorry spectacle that wants to find the guilty individual can do it by simply looking in a mirror. Both sides of the whole process are corrupt. The ONLY ones that are innocent are the children.
I am sick, sick, sick of seeing all of the political and governmental system covering the truth, while spouting their lies; and then they get soooo indignant when they suspect someone might be lying to them!! Then spending endless amounts of money on hearings, investigations and trials that result in bullsquat.
It's ALL about playing their games and lining their pockets.
There is no justice to be found here.
#3 May 17, 2012
Well, if you decide to spend your career as an oily ambulance-chasing shyster who stacks juries with ignorant blacks and other common democrat trash to take drug companies to court on trumped-up charges, don't be surprised if it's YOU on the other end of that stick one time. The creep is the definition of a lowlife liberal democrat. And a general piece of slime.
I'm just waiting on Nasty Pelosi getting tapped for insider-trading and tanking the stock market with her type of manipulation.
Fact of the matter is that if you're a democrat of any kind, you're just lowlife debris.
#4 May 17, 2012
OUR PRIORITIES ARE TOTALLY OUT OF BALANCE!!
1. Only in America could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $40,000-a-plate campaign fund raising event.
2. Only in America could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when we have a black President, a black Attorney General, and a federal workforce that is roughly 18% black when the black population is only 12%.
3. Only in America could we have had the two people most responsible for our tax code Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
4. Only in America can we have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
5. Only in America would we make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just become American citizens.
6. Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the countrys Constitution be thought of as extremists.
7. Only in America could you need to present a drivers license to cash a check, buy alcohol or cigarettes but not to vote.
8. Only in America could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of what a company that manufactures sports shoes and apparel (Nike) makes.
9. Only in America could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a trillion dollars more than it has per year for total spending ($7 million PER MINUTE), and complain that it doesnt have nearly enough money.
10. Only in America could the rich people who pay 86% of all income taxes be accused of not paying their fair share by people who dont pay any income taxes at all.
#5 May 20, 2012
It doesn't matter who or what the person has done in his life. No one should be a target of the Gov and be framed for so
Etching he hasn't done. Can't you see the Gov is acting like the Gestapo. That is the scary part. No doubt Edwards is a slippery lawyer.
Add your comments below
|!!Breaking News Kristy Brooks!! (Jan '16)||10 hr||luvnut||50|
|Who do you support for Sheriff in North Carolin... (Oct '10)||Aug 18||Jeremy Bess||9|
|another new town manager??????||Aug 14||todd2869||2|
|Free Siamese mix kittens||Aug 13||Fred Herbert||3|
|Pokemon Go||Jul 31||Pokachu||2|
|Pokemon Go||Jul 30||Pikachu||1|
|Let's play Marshville Jeopardy (Jun '10)||Jul '16||Badger||599|
Find what you want!
Search Monroe Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC