Mich teacher charged with sex in car

Mich teacher charged with sex in car

There are 12 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Mar 19, 2009, titled Mich teacher charged with sex in car. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A former Michigan high school teacher was in court Monday after being arraigned on a charge of indecent exposure and having sex with a student.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

Kim Fleury

Tonawanda, NY

#1 Mar 30, 2009
So the Court of Public Opinion tries this case, with evidence presented by your very Yellow (i.e. shoddy) journalism. Your evidence consists entirely of an accusation and public opinion. It is quite odd that your Terms of Service for posting my personal opinion about this story prohibit "[o]pinions that are derogatory" or "offer unsubstantiated facts," while the story itself includes personal "man-on-the-street" opinions that are in clear violation of your online TOS. At least one Michigan teacher has been proven NOT GUILTY of false sexual abuse allegations, but only after being convicted and serving time in jail. An appeals court found that the only basis for the teacher's conviction was Public Opinion, and therefore ordered a new trial. At the new trial, proper evidence was submitted, which proved that the accusation was unfounded. It was a major waste of taxpayer dollars, not to mention a loss of the teacher's reputation and income for the many years it took to clear his name. As a result, taxpayers have to foot an even higher bill, paying not only the teacher's backpay, possibly with interest, but also punitive damages. And yet, woodtv8 ignores the lesson and instead encourages another such fiasco. You would better serve the public if you conducted a legitimate investigation, or at least encourage the police to do so, to find out if those teens had ulterior motives for making such claims. Woodtv8 will look very foolish indeed if it turns out that this is all rooted in high school rumors.
Sammy D

Caledonia, MI

#2 Apr 17, 2009
She's Hott! Send her my way, I'll give her some lovin
Risky Business

Battle Creek, MI

#3 Apr 17, 2009
And the 17 year old will have a fond memory for the rest of his life. He lived the fantasy of boinking the hot teacher.

“Infinitely Interesting”

Since: Jan 09

Kalamazoo, MI

#4 Apr 17, 2009
Regardless of how hot she is, that's still gross. He was only 17. I'm not that old and get a lot of looks from younger men, let me tell you, it freaks me out. Way too immature even at 18. OFF LIMITS!

“Tee it High Let it Fly”

Since: Apr 09

Chicago

#5 Apr 17, 2009
Man if I had this kind of * HANDS ON TEACHING *, I might have had better grades.
Juggalotus

West Chester, OH

#6 Apr 17, 2009
"She has since been on paid administration leave since the accusations began in May after an internal investigation by the district."

This wouldn't pass muster in a 3rd grade English class, much less an editor's desk.

Can one of you (reporter or editor) do your freakin job?
Just Wondering

Granbury, TX

#7 Apr 17, 2009
Juggalotus wrote:
"She has since been on paid administration leave since the accusations began in May after an internal investigation by the district."
This wouldn't pass muster in a 3rd grade English class, much less an editor's desk.
Can one of you (reporter or editor) do your freakin job?
TV news slapped on the internet just isn't cutting it. It can change it by the minute, reporters don't seem concerned about hard facts and shoddy writing is the norm. Oddly enough, doesnt it seems more and more attractive to read the daily newspaper where more attention is given to basic grammar and spelling?
Richard

Cleveland, OH

#8 Apr 17, 2009
I wish I was 17 again.. I'd hit that! Hell I would bend her over the desk or find a conf. room.. When I was in school, nothing but old and nasty teachers..
itsalljustaride

Allendale, MI

#9 Apr 17, 2009
"You think it can't happen in your community"

Ha! Every person I know has a story about inappropriate relations between students and teachers at their highschools. I'm with Schnozzy though, what self-respecting 27 y/o would be out partying and having sex with a 17 y/o highschooler? I mean, love happens sure, but wait till they're graduated and there is no conflict of interest anymore. Still kinda weird, but to each his own.
lester

Spring Lake, MI

#10 Apr 17, 2009
She was 27, he was 18. Call it legal.
They both should get the indecent exposure charge.

“Infinitely Interesting”

Since: Jan 09

Kalamazoo, MI

#11 Apr 17, 2009
lester wrote:
She was 27, he was 18. Call it legal.
They both should get the indecent exposure charge.
The story said that he was 17. Are there any laws that make screwing your students illegal? I don't know.
Joe Dirt

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Apr 17, 2009
Sammy D wrote:
She's Hott! Send her my way, I'll give her some lovin
I'd hit it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
full tilt boogie ballroom (Dec '09) Jun 3 Rockfanmic 28
woman beater (larry smith ) (Aug '10) May '17 Tanyadw 17
Looking for elderly Apr '17 Millstadt69 2
Ron Pierce anybody know this piece of sh*t (Jan '16) Apr '17 Chris 4
Dawn Duvall (Jan '09) Mar '17 nancy lynn 139
News Rabbi Kirt Schneider speaks at Ida church (Jul '08) Feb '17 Steven 61
Daniel Makarewicz (Sep '16) Jan '17 wade mills 2

Monroe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance