Mich teacher charged with sex in car

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

A former Michigan high school teacher was in court Monday after being arraigned on a charge of indecent exposure and having sex with a student.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Kim Fleury

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Judged:

So the Court of Public Opinion tries this case, with evidence presented by your very Yellow (i.e. shoddy) journalism. Your evidence consists entirely of an accusation and public opinion. It is quite odd that your Terms of Service for posting my personal opinion about this story prohibit "[o]pinions that are derogatory" or "offer unsubstantiated facts," while the story itself includes personal "man-on-the-street" opinions that are in clear violation of your online TOS. At least one Michigan teacher has been proven NOT GUILTY of false sexual abuse allegations, but only after being convicted and serving time in jail. An appeals court found that the only basis for the teacher's conviction was Public Opinion, and therefore ordered a new trial. At the new trial, proper evidence was submitted, which proved that the accusation was unfounded. It was a major waste of taxpayer dollars, not to mention a loss of the teacher's reputation and income for the many years it took to clear his name. As a result, taxpayers have to foot an even higher bill, paying not only the teacher's backpay, possibly with interest, but also punitive damages. And yet, woodtv8 ignores the lesson and instead encourages another such fiasco. You would better serve the public if you conducted a legitimate investigation, or at least encourage the police to do so, to find out if those teens had ulterior motives for making such claims. Woodtv8 will look very foolish indeed if it turns out that this is all rooted in high school rumors.
Sammy D

Caledonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

She's Hott! Send her my way, I'll give her some lovin
Risky Business

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

Judged:

And the 17 year old will have a fond memory for the rest of his life. He lived the fantasy of boinking the hot teacher.

“Infinitely Interesting”

Since: Jan 09

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

Regardless of how hot she is, that's still gross. He was only 17. I'm not that old and get a lot of looks from younger men, let me tell you, it freaks me out. Way too immature even at 18. OFF LIMITS!

“Tee it High Let it Fly”

Since: Apr 09

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

Judged:

Man if I had this kind of * HANDS ON TEACHING *, I might have had better grades.
Juggalotus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

Judged:

"She has since been on paid administration leave since the accusations began in May after an internal investigation by the district."

This wouldn't pass muster in a 3rd grade English class, much less an editor's desk.

Can one of you (reporter or editor) do your freakin job?
Just Wondering

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

Juggalotus wrote:
"She has since been on paid administration leave since the accusations began in May after an internal investigation by the district."
This wouldn't pass muster in a 3rd grade English class, much less an editor's desk.
Can one of you (reporter or editor) do your freakin job?
TV news slapped on the internet just isn't cutting it. It can change it by the minute, reporters don't seem concerned about hard facts and shoddy writing is the norm. Oddly enough, doesnt it seems more and more attractive to read the daily newspaper where more attention is given to basic grammar and spelling?
Richard

Richfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

Judged:

I wish I was 17 again.. I'd hit that! Hell I would bend her over the desk or find a conf. room.. When I was in school, nothing but old and nasty teachers..
itsalljustaride

Allendale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

"You think it can't happen in your community"

Ha! Every person I know has a story about inappropriate relations between students and teachers at their highschools. I'm with Schnozzy though, what self-respecting 27 y/o would be out partying and having sex with a 17 y/o highschooler? I mean, love happens sure, but wait till they're graduated and there is no conflict of interest anymore. Still kinda weird, but to each his own.
lester

Spring Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

She was 27, he was 18. Call it legal.
They both should get the indecent exposure charge.

“Infinitely Interesting”

Since: Jan 09

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

lester wrote:
She was 27, he was 18. Call it legal.
They both should get the indecent exposure charge.
The story said that he was 17. Are there any laws that make screwing your students illegal? I don't know.
Joe Dirt

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2009

Sammy D wrote:
She's Hott! Send her my way, I'll give her some lovin
I'd hit it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monroe Discussions

Search the Monroe Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Apr 5 Mr brown 2
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 109
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Mar 27 rider 5,463
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 301
numerous dead and starved animals found on farm Mar 21 caselogic 1
Moving to Tazewell TN Mar 21 kathy graham 3
Anybody know Timothy Cuykendall??? (Oct '13) Mar 21 kathy graham 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monroe Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monroe People Search