Things to See and Do in Monroe, Michigan

Jan 13, 2009 Full story: Associated Content 34

Monroe is one of the oldest communities in the state of Michigan. Monroe was founded in 1780 by the French at the site of an American Indian village where the River Raisin enters Lake Erie.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rider

Marquette, MI

#22 Aug 8, 2010
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>
Google THE CHRISTIAN MAFIA for a rude awakening!
already know about them I read the book by Jeff Sharlet don,t recall exact title something like The Family Fundelmentalism at he heart of American Politics. Sorry If I messed up with the title/ great read though. Bart Stupack could enligten us all about the C-street house and The Family but he has done a good job of answering any of my questions. He just claims ignorance even thoug he lived thier 7 to 10 years.
rider

Marquette, MI

#23 Aug 8, 2010
Sex and power inside "the C Street House" - Republican Party ...Jul 21, 2009 ... Sanford, Ensign, and other regulars receive guidance from the invisible fundamentalist group known as the Family.
www.salon.com/news/feature/2009/07/21/c_stree... - Cached
rider

Marquette, MI

#24 Aug 8, 2010
Tree Stand wrote:
What is the economy like there? would it be a mistake for me to leave Eastern, Ky where i am now getting food stamps and a check or is there any work there?
THANK THE UNION BUSTERS
Sandy

Green Bay, WI

#25 Aug 8, 2010
rider wrote:
<quoted text>already know about them I read the book by Jeff Sharlet don,t recall exact title something like The Family Fundelmentalism at he heart of American Politics. Sorry If I messed up with the title/ great read though. Bart Stupack could enligten us all about the C-street house and The Family but he has done a good job of answering any of my questions. He just claims ignorance even thoug he lived thier 7 to 10 years.
Yes, I am currently reading the book bt Jeff Sharlet. I am very surprised that this country has been so unaware of this pro Hitler group that uses Christianity for political gain. And this Abraham Veriede? UNBELIEVABLE! Rider, you seem to know quite a lot about the secret societies that are ruling the world. What's your stance on 9-11 and the JFK assassination?
big time

Dearborn, MI

#26 Aug 9, 2010
dumb stuff you will never uncover anything thats top secret fools. They leak dumb stuff to keep people like u off the sent...
big time

Dearborn, MI

#27 Aug 9, 2010
sandy we did it wow that is a firecracker
Sandy

Green Bay, WI

#28 Aug 9, 2010
big time wrote:
sandy we did it wow that is a firecracker
Can you please speak english because I don't know what you mean by this post. Thanks.

“Pi$$ing Off The Masses”

Since: Sep 08

Appalachian Mountains

#29 Aug 10, 2010
rider wrote:
<quoted text>some people will never get it.
Such as yourself. I am sorry I don't mean to sound rude but you really do not get why we are even over there.
War isn't pretty or cheap but sometimes 'talking about it' does no good. And do you honestly think tax money not spent on military would provide jobs for you?
Before you bitch about our military being over there and how much it costs in tax money, keep in mind they go to protect your right to say such ignorant things. Keep in mind how dangerous it is f them to do so and how many lives have been lost PROTECTING people like you who have no idea.
Tell my nephew who went at age 18, as a Combat medic, that he is in the wrong to be in a war while he was dodging the bullets of the people who HATE ALL AMERICANS who are not Muslim, in order for him to try to help SAVE peoples lives.
Until you have been there, you have no idea what it's all about.
So instead of ragging on those who fight for YOUR FREEDOMS think about the risks they take to d so.
Beach Boy

Carleton, MI

#30 Aug 13, 2010
One of the best things to do in Monroe is to go out hitting the bars with Larry Smith. The only fight I ever saw him get into was when he had to slap "Big Time" (I won't give you his real name) a couple of times. "Big Time" actually started crying and asking for his mommy.....lol
Beach Boy

Carleton, MI

#31 Aug 14, 2010
Tree Stand wrote:
What is the economy like there? would it be a mistake for me to leave Eastern, Ky where i am now getting food stamps and a check or is there any work there?
A democrat-controlled congress passed the NAFTA bill and Clinton signed it into law so most of our industrial jobs are now located in Mexico. Not much work up here.

“Pi$$ing Off The Masses”

Since: Sep 08

Appalachian Mountains

#32 Aug 22, 2010
Beach Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
A democrat-controlled congress passed the NAFTA bill and Clinton signed it into law so most of our industrial jobs are now located in Mexico. Not much work up here.
Correct on the Clinton Dems congress & NAFTA.
Former Monroe Resident

Chicago, IL

#33 Nov 8, 2013
I got out. Get out. Run. ESCAPE.
Millstadt69

Columbia, IL

#34 Nov 14, 2013
Born in Monroe. Father was a career military man and my mothers family is from Monroe. Many fond memories of visiting my relatives and going to Detroit Beach.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#35 Nov 14, 2013
rider wrote:
<quoted text>THANK THE UNION BUSTERS
www.KissMyWhiteAss.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
obama's big lie (Sep '08) Nov '14 Beach Boy 2
Restaurant on Lake Erie below Monroe (Mar '12) Oct '14 Hungry 4
Monroe's Drug Epidemic (Jul '12) Oct '14 Maria Afonica 17
Old Buildings in Newport Oct '14 historybuff 1
sophiakongesto@yahoo.com (Mar '14) Sep '14 dpaul272 2
scott brazill (Jun '14) Sep '14 templarrose04 2
looking for old friend kelly abdo (Jan '12) Sep '14 iammeyousee 4
Monroe Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web