Things to See and Do in Monroe, Michigan

Jan 13, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Associated Content

Monroe is one of the oldest communities in the state of Michigan. Monroe was founded in 1780 by the French at the site of an American Indian village where the River Raisin enters Lake Erie.

Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Nov 14, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
devin

Monroe, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

monroe sucks
Mitch

Monroe, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Nothing better than Canoeing the river. Devin's retarded and should go away.

Since: Jun 09

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2009

test
Tree Stand

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2009

What is the economy like there? would it be a mistake for me to leave Eastern, Ky where i am now getting food stamps and a check or is there any work there?
looking for work

Taylor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2009

Judged:

if your looking for work dont come here. Only people hiring is Walmart and Walmart treats thier employees like garbage
Ytliug

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

Tree Stand wrote:
What is the economy like there? would it be a mistake for me to leave Eastern, Ky where i am now getting food stamps and a check or is there any work there?
You can get food stamps and a check here.
Plus we have the Stanley Cup Champion Red Wings!!!
kentucky resident

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2010

Tree Stand wrote:
ha people like you make me sick.
missing Ky

Monroe, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2010

Judged:

Lord, no, don't come to Michigan if you're looking for a better way of life. My folks tried it, thanks mom and dad, now I am stuck in this hellhole and missing the hills of home. Gonna load up the truck and head back south soon!

“Pi$$ing Off The Masses”

Since: Sep 08

Appalachian Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2010

Hey Missing, what part of Ky are you from? I am from Monroe but live in Ky and love it except for the nastiness of a lot of the people on the forums, lol...
monroe sucks

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

monroe michigan sucks ass i am from lakeland fl and cant wait to go back i cant find a job
big time

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

monroe is full of dumb people like the duvalls ,bolick moron ,and loser larry smith the 40 yr old puke that can't hold down a job and has a beer can in his weak hands...
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

DETROIT (Map)- DETROIT, June 3 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/-- Albert Garrett, President of Michigan Council 25 of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), AFL-CIO, issued the following statement:

"Fountain View of Monroe is a for profit nursing home facility in Monroe, Michigan and is a subsidiary of nursing home conglomerate Ciena Healthcare Management. In an effort to break the nurses' union, Fountain View has illegally terminated many of the nurses who support the union and has threatened to fire the rest," stated Garrett. "In 2003, the nurses at Fountain View voted unanimously to organize as a union. They became organized as AFSCME Local 1548 affiliated with Michigan Council 25 of the American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), AFL-CIO.

Marquette: Mom is Making Over $6,795/Month
She earns over $6,795 a month working online at home, read how she...$97/Hr Part Time Work Marquette
Can You Type? Earn $94+/Hr From Home. As Seen On Fox & CNN News.
"AFSCME has filed unfair labor practice charges with the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). Fountain View of Monroe has been under investigation for its alleged illegal activity for months," Garrett continued.

"Management at Fountain View of Monroe has started a vicious campaign against the nurses. Recently, the employer has terminated or transferred every union official and union steward," Garrett added. "According to the allegations being investigated it even unjustifiably denied health insurance coverage to a new born baby of a union steward because of its disdain for the nurses.

"It has also started terminating other pro-union nurses and hiring nurses that it believes will not be pro-union. It is paying the newly hired nurses above union rates and refusing to deduct union dues from the newly hired nurses. It fostered an attempt to have the new nurses vote out the union," Garrett pointed out. "This effort failed because a large majority of nurses continued to desire to collectively bargain over their work conditions.
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Up Against Wal-Mart | Mother JonesAt the world's largest and most profitable retailer, low wages, unpaid overtime, and union busting are a way of life. Now Wal-Mart workers are fighting back ...
motherjones.com/politics/2003/03/against-wal-... - Cached - Similar
Wake-Up Wal-Mart Blog: Duplicity ArchivesAfter years of legal challenges, Wal-Mart paid Monroe's medical expenses in ... Wal-Mart has issued "A Manager's Toolbox to Remaining Union Free," which ...
blog.wakeupwalmart.com/ufcw/duplicity/ - Cached
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

we have become a nation of cowards. Our fathers,mothers, grandparent and greatgrandparents would have taken a stand against union busting tactics but not us,
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Tree Stand wrote:
the john birchers are prominent in Monroe---The John Birch SocietyNelson Bunker Hunt (financier and executive officer of the Religious Roundtable, Campus Crusade and JBS, and main funder/second president of the CNP) and ...
watch.pair.com/jbs-cnp.html - Cached - Similar
Council for National PolicyVarious JBS and CNP members have been involved with YAF, including Lynn Bouchey, Connaught Marshner and William Rusher. 46. Howard Phillips, head of the ...
watch.pair.com/cnp.html - Cached - Similar
Show more results from watch.pair.com
DISINFO ALERT!!!!!!The CNP, "alternative" media and controlled ...12 posts - 3 authors - Last post: Aug 23, 2009
Various JBS and CNP members have been involved with YAF, including Lynn Bouchey, Connaught Marshner and William Rusher. 46....
forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php... - Cached
The CNP, "alternative" media and controlled opposition - 12160.org 8 posts - 5 authors - Last post: Dec 24, 2009
Several of the CNP's original members, such as Nelson Bunker Hunt, contributed large sums of their money to the JBS, which was initially ...
snardfarker.ning.com/forum/.../the-cnp-altern... - Cached - Similar
Sandy

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military%E2%80%9...

This is where all of our money has been going. Read it and weep.
Sandy

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Total world spending on military expenses in 2006 was $1.158 trillion US dollars. Nearly half of this total, 528.7 billion US dollars, was spent by the United States. The privatization of the production and invention of military technology also leads to a complicated relationship with significant research and development of many technologies.

The Military budget of the United States for the 2009 fiscal year was $515.4 billion. Adding emergency discretionary spending and supplemental spending brings the sum to $651.2 billion. This does not include many military-related items that are outside of the Defense Department budget. Overall the United States government is spending about $1 trillion annually on defense-related purposes.
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

Sandy wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M ilitary%E2%80%93industrial_com plex
This is where all of our money has been going. Read it and weep.
some people will never get it.
Sandy

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

I know, Rider. They bitch and complain about paying taxes in this country, but they never truly realize that most of that money is going to support these senseless wars. Wake up America!!
Sandy

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

rider wrote:
<quoted text>the john birchers are prominent in Monroe---The John Birch SocietyNelson Bunker Hunt (financier and executive officer of the Religious Roundtable, Campus Crusade and JBS, and main funder/second president of the CNP) and ...
watch.pair.com/jbs-cnp.html - Cached - Similar
Council for National PolicyVarious JBS and CNP members have been involved with YAF, including Lynn Bouchey, Connaught Marshner and William Rusher. 46. Howard Phillips, head of the ...
watch.pair.com/cnp.html - Cached - Similar
Show more results from watch.pair.com
DISINFO ALERT!!!!!!The CNP, "alternative" media and controlled ...12 posts - 3 authors - Last post: Aug 23, 2009
Various JBS and CNP members have been involved with YAF, including Lynn Bouchey, Connaught Marshner and William Rusher. 46....
forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php... - Cached
The CNP, "alternative" media and controlled opposition - 12160.org 8 posts - 5 authors - Last post: Dec 24, 2009
Several of the CNP's original members, such as Nelson Bunker Hunt, contributed large sums of their money to the JBS, which was initially ...
snardfarker.ning.com/forum/.../the-cnp-altern... - Cached - Similar
Google THE CHRISTIAN MAFIA for a rude awakening!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monroe Discussions

Search the Monroe Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 23 gottondas 5,482
looking for old friend kelly abdo (Jan '12) Jul 20 Lake Erie water walker 3
Restaurant on Lake Erie below Monroe (Mar '12) Jul 20 Lake Erie water walker 2
Interesting building in Monroe (Jul '13) Jul 20 Lake Erie water walker 5
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
looking for DJ Duncan Jul 2 a real man 2
Rabbi Kirt Schneider speaks at Ida church (Jul '08) Jun 30 Carol 55
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monroe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monroe People Search