Top Monroe GOP Lawmaker accused of ca...

Top Monroe GOP Lawmaker accused of calling colleague a "retard"

There are 79 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Jul 29, 2009, titled Top Monroe GOP Lawmaker accused of calling colleague a "retard". In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

News 10NBC has video tape of the most recent Monroe County Legislature meeting. This is what is heard on the tape.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
non-news

Romulus, NY

#1 Jul 29, 2009
This is non-news.
Gods Property

Rochester, NY

#2 Jul 29, 2009
Sounds more like he called Jesus a retard, which is by far more insulting.
cjgoulet

Canandaigua, NY

#3 Jul 29, 2009
Remember when Comrade Obama was bowling and he had this to say "“It was like Special Olympics or something.”

Seems Monroe County Democrats have some soft skin. Or is it News !0 and Berkeley Brean?
Dean - o

Rochester, NY

#6 Jul 29, 2009
BREAKING NEWS really? its that important.

Get over yourself news 10
Sean

Geneva, NY

#7 Jul 29, 2009
This is ridiculous. This is not news or newsworthy. This is p.c. b.s.
Jeff

Albion, NY

#8 Jul 29, 2009
This is another in the long line of ridiculous political bs that is going on in NYS. Don't we have enough things to worry about also this is the longest article I think I have ever seen on this website. I think I have to go somewhere else to get my news!
gottalaugh

Webster, NY

#9 Jul 29, 2009
Ummmm, Whec 10 are you people serious? This crap is not breaking news. I mean really wtf!!!!
New Lows for TV Ten

Penn Yan, NY

#11 Jul 29, 2009
TV Ten...you have got to be kidding me.THIS is not a news story...this is fodder for the National Enquirer ! And also.. Breaking News ! STOP using this crap ! It is the most overused terminology in the broadcasting field. What the heck would you say if something really important happened ? REALLY BREAKING NEWS ?
Just stop

Ontario, NY

#12 Jul 29, 2009
You really spent time on this Mr. Breen? Please don't call into the WCMF Break Room anymore if your this easily startled by such "offensive language."
thomas

Romulus, NY

#13 Jul 29, 2009
I think they should have Jennifer Johnson do an insider report after she gets all the info from Vinny.
Simon

Alden, NY

#14 Jul 29, 2009
Ahhh,another elected official in our great city that should learn if you can't do your job diplomaticly,find a new job.He owes a quick public apology to all affected by his poor choice of wording.To put the name of Jesus before a slur was a poor choice in itself.
Don Keefhardt

Canandaigua, NY

#15 Jul 29, 2009
Substitute "jerk" or "idiot" or "jackass"....is anyone still offended ?
Margie C

Rochester, NY

#16 Jul 29, 2009
I watched the official tape, and the mouth movement of gentleman on the far right side of the video matches the words exactly. How convenient to "not remember" saying anything like that.
pkt

Rochester, NY

#17 Jul 29, 2009
Are you kidding me news 10?? Do you honestly think that this crap is newsworthy?
PKG

Webster, NY

#18 Jul 29, 2009
I wonder how many people who have already posted on this work for Monroe County? I hope News 10 NBC will actually keep this on the front burner and not let every other Maggie Brooks & Co. mistake go away. Funny how Dan Quatro moved his microphone down after it was said.
New Lows for TV Ten

Penn Yan, NY

#19 Jul 29, 2009
Who REALLY cares ?
Rocwatcher

Rochester, NY

#23 Jul 29, 2009
How sad that our tollerance of this kind of slur remains as high as it is as reflected in these comments. An elected official used a known slur then lied about it. That in itself should be grounds for removal from office. The man is a coward. He should admit his disrespectful behavior and resign. This after having ranted about the political posturing of the other side over Robutrad! County Republicans are a disgrace to this community.
Country

Canandaigua, NY

#24 Jul 29, 2009
channel 10,come on now,are you kidding me? I can't believe the length of this article! With all that's going on in the world this is what you call Breaking News? Time to retool the shop, isn't it?
not impressed

Fairport, NY

#26 Jul 29, 2009
Oh my goodness, I have got to tell you what I heard the other day! I heard someone say the "N" word!! And he was BLACK!!! GASP! STOP THE PRESSES!! News 10 NBC...Are you joking? No, I'm not even kidding. Is this a joke? Get real!!
The worst thing about this is that the guy used the Lord's name in vain. That's not cool. But newsworthy?
13suks

Rochester, NY

#27 Jul 29, 2009
Straight Shooter wrote:
Ironic that RETARD, Rochester and Republican start with R?
What does Rochester have to do with this story???
He doesn't cover the City of Rochester.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to the IDA Grocery store former IGA Apr 7 GAS STATIOn Grocery 3
Morgan jobe Mar '16 Texfleek 1
Older women Mar '16 The big guy 3
Vote For Donald Trump Feb '16 Vote For Trump 1
News Rabbi Kirt Schneider speaks at Ida church (Jul '08) Feb '16 a_witness 59
Ron Pierce anybody know this piece of sh*t Jan '16 Mike 1
Who is Mike Farmer dating? Jan '16 lookbeforeyoujump 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monroe Mortgages