Fatal Dirt Bike Accident

Fatal Dirt Bike Accident

There are 10 comments on the WXYZ story from Mar 29, 2009, titled Fatal Dirt Bike Accident. In it, WXYZ reports that:

A 12-year-old Saline boy died after being in an accident on his dirt bike. Monroe County Sheriff's officials say it happened Saturday afternoon on a privately owned motocross track off Plank Rd.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXYZ.

Dean Hartzell

United States

#1 Mar 30, 2009
I have ridden this track numberous times and I believe Mike and Sue run a safe facility. The latest modifications to the track made it even safer. Certainly safer than riding at other tracks where there can be upto 75 other riders on the track at the same time.

It was a fluk accident.

My thoughts and prayers go out to both families.
kayla

East Lansing, MI

#2 Mar 30, 2009
Every time I have been to this track it is being ran with the best care and safety standards. There is no need to point fingers or place blame on ANYONE. This is a sport and safety is always an issue. All the families involved are in my thoughts and prayers.
bob

Columbus, OH

#3 Apr 4, 2009
Dean Hartzell wrote:
I have ridden this track numberous times and I believe Mike and Sue run a safe facility. The latest modifications to the track made it even safer. Certainly safer than riding at other tracks where there can be upto 75 other riders on the track at the same time.
It was a fluk accident.
My thoughts and prayers go out to both families.
Then why weren't there flaggers to warn riders that someone was down - It was a blind hill and there was no way she could see that someone was down. He didn't even have a chance to get up he was about 2 inches off the ground when he got hit. SAFETY was big factor in this accident!!!!!!!!!
bob

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 4, 2009
If it is such a safe track then why weren't there flaggers to indicate when riders were down. It was blind hill and she couldn't see that someone was down on the other side. He didn't even have a chance to get up - he was just inches off the ground when he got hit. SAFETY was and will be a factor!!
marcus

Naperville, IL

#5 Apr 14, 2009
i dont know about your guys parenting but my dad wont let me have a dirt bike because they are not safe. but i think if you take safety percautions and ride responcebly the odds are you dont get hurt. the only reason this kid got killed is because the track owners dont think of all these possibilities. im 12 and i want a dirt bike what do you guys think.

“Authority Skeptic”

Since: Feb 09

Michigan

#6 May 21, 2009
marcus wrote:
i dont know about your guys parenting but my dad wont let me have a dirt bike because they are not safe. but i think if you take safety percautions and ride responcebly the odds are you dont get hurt. the only reason this kid got killed is because the track owners dont think of all these possibilities. im 12 and i want a dirt bike what do you guys think.
Sounds like your dad is a wuss. I had dirt bike when I was 9 and we didn't even wear helmets back then. circa 1979
big time

Dearborn, MI

#7 Jul 29, 2010
your dads not a wuss bro he just cares about you and if you ride wear a helmet guy don't be a dumb ass like brother 6 he is an dumbass never ride with out it flat out one wrong hit to the head and you will never be the same .Seen it and that dude is not here no more .
rider

Marquette, MI

#8 Aug 8, 2010
bob wrote:
If it is such a safe track then why weren't there flaggers to indicate when riders were down. It was blind hill and she couldn't see that someone was down on the other side. He didn't even have a chance to get up - he was just inches off the ground when he got hit. SAFETY was and will be a factor!!
shit happens and when someone dies doing something they love to do maybe we should all stop and ponder what that person would say if they could. It Is possible it would go something like this. I love the sport very much and choose the sport because of the love I have for it. I know the risk of death is possible but than so it is everything we do. If I should die doing what I love please don,t tear down the sport in my name.
Jeff carroll saline mi

Ann Arbor, MI

#9 May 28, 2012
7343688834 im so sorry for these familys its the risk we take being mx riders.i hope this nevet happens to my son.nothing but love for everyone!
Jeff carroll saline mi

Ann Arbor, MI

#10 May 28, 2012
Ride safe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Larry Smith (Aug '10) Aug 1 hisex 11
Dawn Duvall (Jan '09) Jul 20 Being Real 134
scott brazill (Jun '14) May '15 looking 3
Monroe's Drug Epidemic (Jul '12) May '15 Jeffry 19
Ladies only May '15 Jeffry 1
News DTE Energy to receive license for new nuclear unit May '15 BDV 1
full tilt boogie ballroom (Dec '09) Apr '15 Victoria H 27
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monroe Mortgages