'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson ignites controvery with remarks about 'homosexual behavior'

Dec 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Times-Picayune

"Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson has ignited a storm of controversy with comments to GQ .

Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated Dec 25, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

We support Phil Robertson! He has the right to speak however he wishes against what he believes! Gay people think they can rule the world, because of their ignorant choices that are wrong in the eyes of God!
When someone says something derogatory about Gays then they all come out of the wood work and have a pity party that someone hurt their feelings......Shame on A&E for suspending Phil! He has the right to speak however he wants....

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

People can speak their minds all they like. Free speech may come with repercussions. I don't see any reason for a boycott. This guy's show is on a network, so he basically represents them. If the network decides he needs to make a statement, then I guess it's his decision to explain his statement, watch what he says, or not get a check. Freedom of choice!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

I was reading that A&E are Big supporters of the GL/BT community. They should look for another network to continue their Duck Dynasty show!

“I'm always right!”

Since: Oct 12

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Spirit67_ wrote:
I was reading that A&E are Big supporters of the GL/BT community. They should look for another network to continue their Duck Dynasty show!
I agree. The Roberstons should have a right to their beliefs. They should go with another network. And then everyone should boycott A & E. The gay community is making everyone conform to their beliefs which is totally wrong.
Hmmm

Talihina, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Spirit67_ wrote:
foxnews would welcome them hahaha

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Excellent One wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. The Roberstons should have a right to their beliefs. They should go with another network.
I agree! Maybe they can make guest appearances on the 700 Club. It might not pay as well, but these bearded guys are millionaires. Let them gleefully spread the word.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Spirit67_ wrote:
Bigoted swine, Duck Dynasty is such a huge hit that A&E would never let these rednecks look for another network to continue the show. If you had more than two brain cells, you would have figured that out. But low intelligence and being a bigot do go hand in hand.
Christian

Forrest City, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

This country was founded on Christianity! But now Christians aren't allowed to say what that means if it may offend someone? I disagree! If you have a problem with my country & my beliefs, you may leave! I think that all of the other members of this show should step down in support of their beliefs! And Phil didn't compare gay/lesbian to beastiality, he was simply making a list of sins!
Vernon

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Spirit67_ wrote:
We support Phil Robertson! He has the right to speak however he wishes against what he believes! Gay people think they can rule the world, because of their ignorant choices that are wrong in the eyes of God!
When someone says something derogatory about Gays then they all come out of the wood work and have a pity party that someone hurt their feelings......Shame on A&E for suspending Phil! He has the right to speak however he wants....
You are 100% correct sir!

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

No big deal on what Phil said. It is copied and pasted in this forum all the time, with no effect. No news there. =)
Hmmm

Talihina, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Christian wrote:
This country was founded on Christianity! But now Christians aren't allowed to say what that means if it may offend someone? I disagree! If you have a problem with my country & my beliefs, you may leave! I think that all of the other members of this show should step down in support of their beliefs! And Phil didn't compare gay/lesbian to beastiality, he was simply making a list of sins!
Christians love to pretend they are the vicitm. You guys are loving this, we all know how much you like a martyr.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians love to pretend they are the vicitm. You guys are loving this, we all know how much you like a martyr.
Exactly. Hilarious how bigots love to quote bible verses to justify their hate, then get into a uproar when a celebrity is criticized for sharing their views.

“hillary's reset button”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Phil should start his own Network.

Free speech will be in, flag burning will be out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Christian wrote:
That's exactly right and I wouldn't apologize or make any kind of peace with the GLBT communities!
They know exactly what they are doing is wrong; that's why so many of them don't and won't come out of the closet!
Rob T

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Phil is a great example of being a good man, father, and husband. He embodies the American Dream and his entrepreneurial spirit made a better life for his family. If people don't like it, they can change the channel.
I, for one, support Phil and his right to say what he thinks.
This will help make my stance loud and clear: http://www.teespring.com/I_Stand_With_Phil

Free Speech + Entrepreneurship = The American WAY.
okay

Talihina, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Ben Dover

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

The show should be renamed "Dork Dynasty." These clowns need shaves and haircuts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Ben Dover wrote:
The show should be renamed "Dork Dynasty." These clowns need shaves and haircuts.
Grow up!
Ben Dover

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up!
You support these neanderthal twits and I should grow up! LOL.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

I'm glad they were fired and I hope more thumper fundies are fired for spewing hate speech against the GLBT community. I don't even know what the hater said and I don't care. There's no place in modern society for such bull.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monroe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monroe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••