Hometown News

Oct 8, 2012 Full story: The News-Star 10

The Monroe-West Monroe chapter 290, Active and Retired Federal Employees, meets on the second Monday of each month at Piccadilly.

Full Story
Bleeds Purple

Rayville, LA

#1 Oct 8, 2012
Does anyone know what they are putting in the old wal-mart building?.. They have been restoring the front of the building.
firemedicmoore

Winnsboro, LA

#2 Oct 8, 2012
Bleeds Purple wrote:
Does anyone know what they are putting in the old wal-mart building?.. They have been restoring the front of the building.
Home hardware
Dee-Dee Solane

Choudrant, LA

#3 Oct 8, 2012
I noticed that work going on also. A home hardware will be great to have.
margaret

Winnsboro, LA

#4 Oct 9, 2012
your channel 8 has bad signals cannot watch any programs can get 13 and 14 but not 8
WhoDat Fan

United States

#5 Oct 10, 2012
i figured they were expanding the bingo hall since it seems to have lots of customers.
Bleeds Purple

Rayville, LA

#6 Oct 17, 2012
What is happening to our Schools and the children in them. Someone reported that there was a girl from the MHS powerlifting team giving oral sex to five guys that were on the bus. There were four adults on that bus and they never had any thought that they might need to see what they were up to??? I mean really.. and they wonder why that teen pregnancy is so rampid now days.
dragonfan

United States

#7 Oct 17, 2012
Bleeds Purple wrote:
What is happening to our Schools and the children in them. Someone reported that there was a girl from the MHS powerlifting team giving oral sex to five guys that were on the bus. There were four adults on that bus and they never had any thought that they might need to see what they were up to??? I mean really.. and they wonder why that teen pregnancy is so rampid now days.
That's old news, this kind of thing didn't just start happening. Several years ago, a Rjh. Kid gave another kid oral sex in the classroom with the teacher present. How do you explain that one? Broad daylight during class with classmates in the room. The incident you are referring to was atleast late at night in the dark on a bus. Like it matters anyway. It's all the same, teachers and schools can't be held accountable for some kids that don't have respect or upbringing for themselves.
Bleeds Purple

Monroe, LA

#8 Oct 17, 2012
I'm just saying.. where is the monitoring of these kids. I was raised in a christian home and still did bad things as a teenager unless I was afraid that there might be chance that I would get caught. I realize that this happened a year ago which is why that MHS no longer has a power lifting team. I just found out recently that that's what happend to the power lifting team. Now the kids that enjoyed power lifting are being punished for others wrong doings. One solution could be to seperate the boys from the girls. It's common sense.. especially at night when the bus is dark. As for the incident at RJHS.. That teacher should have been fired. Kids now days are not scared of their teachers or their parents because we as a society have lost their respect and they have no consequences to their actions so they figure they have nothing to loose.
bleeds purple

Monroe, LA

#9 Oct 17, 2012
Lose. sorry spell checkers..lol my ooo's got carried away.
Bleeds Purple wrote:
I'm just saying.. where is the monitoring of these kids. I was raised in a christian home and still did bad things as a teenager unless I was afraid that there might be chance that I would get caught. I realize that this happened a year ago which is why that MHS no longer has a power lifting team. I just found out recently that that's what happend to the power lifting team. Now the kids that enjoyed power lifting are being punished for others wrong doings. One solution could be to seperate the boys from the girls. It's common sense.. especially at night when the bus is dark. As for the incident at RJHS.. That teacher should have been fired. Kids now days are not scared of their teachers or their parents because we as a society have lost their respect and they have no consequences to their actions so they figure they have nothing to loose.
dragonfan

Star City, AR

#10 Oct 18, 2012
You are exactly right! All of the kids shouldnt be punished for one girls or a handfuls actions. But life isnt fair. Mangham had a good powerlifting team. They won state, but I don't think this was the only deciding factor in closing the program. I think there was also so problems with the coaches giving out lasix to kids. That just may be rumors, don't quote me on that. But I do see your point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 56 min Living Wage 3,313
Gay Snapchat????? Wed Khaya5 33
sex Wed heyyyjoseee 1
Review: Albert E Loomis III Sep 15 Douglassright 2
Who knows anything about John Fling? Sep 10 CarrieGurl 1
"Halos and Pitchforks" (newspaper, radio station) Sep 9 Addison 1
sexy white women looking for young black male (Sep '12) Sep 9 hahahahah 11
•••
•••
•••

Monroe Jobs

•••
•••