libertarian

Austin, TX

#3083 Aug 4, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
<quoted text>Out of the loop as usual.

If there are too many kids here, why are US citizens adopting from China, Russia, Vietnam...?

Should have been Tango - did not realize tangle came up. Not dumb! There are times when it is difficult to type on Topix.

Again, why are you NOT holding the baby daddies accountable? Again, if the women are held to that high a level of accountability, why should the Gov't (or Bible memorizers) have any say so? Keep in mind, your seem to be against affordable healthcare/ education and NOT in favor of a living wage, but against welfare to help ends meet.

Why on earth should a For Profit corporations like Hobby Lobby be allowed to dictate insurance benefits when it is part of the employees' compensation? That is Employer interference. You say you don't want the Gov't in your business, but it is OK for your employer, REALLY? FREE CONTRICEPTION for ALL!!!

As most people see it, people like you fight for babies to be born and then abandon them. Is this what is in your copy the Bible? NOT MINE!

You seem to be stuck in that box of yours, while I am thinking outside of it, right? Thinking outside the box is how you fix things!
Yes, a business should not have to cover health BENEFITS if it doesn't want to.
libertarian

Austin, TX

#3084 Aug 4, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
<quoted text>His and W's tax cuts to the 1% continues to hurt the US. You do realize that with the help of the GOP in Congress (when they held majority), they created laws, Right? You do know how it works, RIGHT? Their war polices put the US in ever increasing debt. The add'l debt O added was to repair the damage. O wants to turn things around here by adding good jobs to fix the infrastructure. You against that? Who do you want to pay for it, you or the 1%? All O wants to do is put the tax rate back in place because the 1% DID NOT keep up their part of the deal by creating lots of good jobs. Do you get that?

We need change. If the corporations pledge allegiance to foreign countries, then add tariffs to their products coming in for sale in the US. Make it a level playing field for US employees.

The 1% got filthy rich by NOT paying a living wage and benefits. I guess you will not get it until it affects you directly, right?

The trouble with you is that you really don't get the end game for corporate America - take over Gov't and treat the 99% like the Chinese Gov't treats their people. You want that for your grandkids and the future Americans?

Why do you suppose the Repubs are fooling with the voting districts and voter ID laws? Every time there is a GOP complaint about voter fraud, it is a Repub that did it. Once they take over your voting rights, it will be a done deal.

Please list one thing that the Repubs in Congress did that benefited the 99%? We can list thousands that benefited the 1%. This fact in itself should open your eyes.

Just look at M. Bachman. She is SOOOOO against big gov't and welfare, but her family farm take subsidies and he husband's clinic takes (took) Medicaid money for "praying away the gay". Again, those 67,000 plus pages of tax code is against the working poor. The Repubs in Congress wants to do away with the few that actually help the working poor, but don't touch the loopholes for the 1%.

Again, if the GOP wants everyone to pair their fair taxes and get off of welfare, then they need to be paid enough for their work. You do realize they do the actual work, right?
Almost everyone got a tax cut, not just thee top 1%. Keep repeating the lib lies.
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#3085 Aug 4, 2014
Living Wage wrote:
<quoted text>
His and W's tax cuts to the 1% continues to hurt the US. You do realize that with the help of the GOP in Congress (when they held majority), they created laws, Right? You do know how it works, RIGHT? Their war polices put the US in ever increasing debt. The add'l debt O added was to repair the damage. O wants to turn things around here by adding good jobs to fix the infrastructure. You against that? Who do you want to pay for it, you or the 1%? All O wants to do is put the tax rate back in place because the 1% DID NOT keep up their part of the deal by creating lots of good jobs. Do you get that?
We need change. If the corporations pledge allegiance to foreign countries, then add tariffs to their products coming in for sale in the US. Make it a level playing field for US employees.
The 1% got filthy rich by NOT paying a living wage and benefits. I guess you will not get it until it affects you directly, right?
The trouble with you is that you really don't get the end game for corporate America - take over Gov't and treat the 99% like the Chinese Gov't treats their people. You want that for your grandkids and the future Americans?
Why do you suppose the Repubs are fooling with the voting districts and voter ID laws? Every time there is a GOP complaint about voter fraud, it is a Repub that did it. Once they take over your voting rights, it will be a done deal.
Please list one thing that the Repubs in Congress did that benefited the 99%? We can list thousands that benefited the 1%. This fact in itself should open your eyes.
Just look at M. Bachman. She is SOOOOO against big gov't and welfare, but her family farm take subsidies and he husband's clinic takes (took) Medicaid money for "praying away the gay". Again, those 67,000 plus pages of tax code is against the working poor. The Repubs in Congress wants to do away with the few that actually help the working poor, but don't touch the loopholes for the 1%.
Again, if the GOP wants everyone to pair their fair taxes and get off of welfare, then they need to be paid enough for their work. You do realize they do the actual work, right?
What body orifice do you pull your "factoids" from?

First, the 1% got "filthy rich" from "unearned income". Now, it's from not paying a "living wage" with benefits. You just make it up off the top of your head as you go along, don't you?

You are correct, the Obama government has the goal of taking over the citizens and treating them like China treats their people. Yet, you don't see his actions in this way. Think about it: Take away their guns, control their healthcare and all related benefits, get the middle- and upper middle-class under control with the IRS. The list goes on and on, every Obama scandal is purposed intentionally to get control of the public.
Hold on There

Zwolle, LA

#3086 Aug 4, 2014
Those children need to go back where they came from or at the very least. They shouldn't bring in any more. I'm glad the govenor is having a look. When the federal government won't protect the borders then the states should step in. Most countries do protect their borders. Don't think Mexico won't lock your American ass up. They protect their borders. These "CHILDREN" you speak of , a lot of them are teenagers up to 17 they are gang members. Some MS 13
How nice. Wonder who shall want to adopt them. There is all manner of diseases that these children have brought to these places they are keeping them at. Won't that be great when they infect our public school system with these diseases. incometance and ego can be dangerous. Right
JohnKoski

Zwolle, LA

#3087 Aug 4, 2014
We as humans all suffer from cognitive dissonance to one extent or another so as to not feel uncomfortable when presented with evidence which might work against our core beliefs.

Seemingly, our comfort relies on the existence of a phantom, of one type or another
Hold on there

Zwolle, LA

#3088 Aug 4, 2014
Well right now my core is telling me mr obama came to the office of the white house with a very clear agenda of what he wanted to do to our country and how he would either charm or bamboozle people to get his way. I find it so fundamentally wrong
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#3089 Aug 4, 2014
Hold on There wrote:
Those children need to go back where they came from or at the very least. They shouldn't bring in any more. I'm glad the govenor is having a look. When the federal government won't protect the borders then the states should step in. Most countries do protect their borders. Don't think Mexico won't lock your American ass up. They protect their borders. These "CHILDREN" you speak of , a lot of them are teenagers up to 17 they are gang members. Some MS 13
How nice. Wonder who shall want to adopt them. There is all manner of diseases that these children have brought to these places they are keeping them at. Won't that be great when they infect our public school system with these diseases. incometance and ego can be dangerous. Right
17 years old are still considered as children. Where are the proof of these kids being gang members? Its speak well of us to LIE on children we don't know and haven't met. Do not forget, we robbed the Native Americans, its not our country, dear.
JohnKoski

Zwolle, LA

#3090 Aug 4, 2014
To the victors ,goes the spoils .It says so in the bible .As the Palestinians tried to share their land with the Israelites ,The American Indians tried to share their land with the Europeans ...
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#3091 Aug 4, 2014
Hold on there wrote:
Well right now my core is telling me mr obama came to the office of the white house with a very clear agenda of what he wanted to do to our country and how he would either charm or bamboozle people to get his way. I find it so fundamentally wrong
AKA--"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit." Obama's tag line.
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#3092 Aug 4, 2014
havemercy wrote:
<quoted text>17 years old are still considered as children. Where are the proof of these kids being gang members? Its speak well of us to LIE on children we don't know and haven't met. Do not forget, we robbed the Native Americans, its not our country, dear.
And it's funny, how as if by magic, from the age 17 to 18 children become "adults", unless of course we are speaking of alcohol or gambling.

Your public education is showing.
Hold on there

Zwolle, LA

#3093 Aug 4, 2014
havemercy wrote:
<quoted text>17 years old are still considered as children. Where are the proof of these kids being gang members? Its speak well of us to LIE on children we don't know and haven't met. Do not forget, we robbed the Native Americans1, its not our country, dear.
Yes some of them are gang members It's been confirmed by people who have or are in some of the places they are being kept.
These children come here with a name and a phone number Only a lot of times these phone numbers are coming from the coyote guys and these CHIDREN are going right back in sex trade torture or worse. You better have mercy , because a lot of these children or going into worse than what they have left. Wake up for god sakes.
If you asked the children what they wanted to do , it would be to go home to their families. This is yet one more fiasco that will end very badly
eme

United States

#3094 Aug 4, 2014
Where do you people get this crap? FOX news?
Not Landrieu

Natchitoches, LA

#3095 Aug 4, 2014
eme wrote:
Where do you people get this crap? FOX news?
Talking point = I don't agree with/understand what you are saying = Fox News

Why is that the only answer you people have?
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3096 Aug 5, 2014
Not Landrieu wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan died over 10 years ago. What does he have to do with this?
Peace through STRENGTH, not weakness.
You remind me of Ronald Reagan, repeating senseless comments makes you think you are intelligent; but look what happen to him in reality.

Living wages along with affordable healthcare and education for the WORKING!

The people who actually get up and go to work should receive at least that.

There are too many employers whose MBA's (taking home huge salaries/perks) are coming up with ways NOT to pay a living wage and provide benefits to the people who are actually doing the work.

Keep in mind, it these people were paid the correct amount, Mitt Romney would NOT have had the facts to make his 47% comment, right? Notice that his concern was only for the 53%, enough to get elected so he could take care of the 1%. Thank God enough people caught on to this!!!

Compassion comes in when we take care of those who CAN'T take care of themselves; not the ones who will not!

Again, why are you not screaming about the cheaters on Wall Street and corporations? How can you be OK with Execs taking home so much more than the workers and NEVER being held accountable for anything?
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3097 Aug 5, 2014
Hold on there wrote:
Yes Regan, Bush, they messed up every thing up. Only the great O has done so many wonderful things. Maybe you haven't noticed. But o hasn't brought us all together in peace. What's going on in this world now is not peace. You want to speak of the middle class I speak with the middle class every day and we are aghast every time we walk into a grocery store. People wondering how to make it through the month to feed their families. The prices are so high You hear them pick up a package of meat and say um, um, Um. I sure can't pay these kind of prices. They lay the meat back down. Gas prices. This is just incredible. It doesn't have to be this way, but that's how o and his buddies want it.one thing I do believe is when he allows so many more immigrants to cross the border with his executive action , and he will. It is going to backfire on him. When he does
That he has handed the senate to the reps on a silver platter
Big government is bad. Mr Obama has hurt this country. No one respects him in turn they no longer respect or fear America. I've never seen the world in such a mess. He was certainly not up to this task of being president he is a far cry from being a leader. He should surround himself with some people with real knowledge about the situations going on. And he needs to listen and take heed instead of just running his mouth because he
Likes to hear himself talk. He needs to learn and listen and try to fix some of this mess HE created. For god sake if he could be president
for 20 years you bleeding hearts would still find some one else to blame it on. Time for him to take a little responsibility.
You really don't get it. The conflicts going around the world have to do with Religion and GREED. O did NOT create those two things. Conflicts have been going on since the beginning of time. O is promoting NEGOTIATIONS and NOT sending a huge number of American soldiers to their death or to be injured for life (physical/mental). We DON'T win ground wars!!!!

Look at Hamas and Israel; after killing so many, they are NOW ready to talk and negotiate.

The Russian people need to take care of Putin; America can only assist Ukraine in their efforts to stay independent. They need to fight their own battle. Putin WILL find a way to back away. Sanctions will work or Europe will pay the price. Europe needs to find a backup energy source, NOW!

Iran wants to negotiate with the US now. Wants HELP!

It will not be long before the war in Syria will be negotiated to a close; need to fight ISIS. Nothing like a bunch of thugs to align people on the same side.

O has done the right thing in keeping the US out of extended ground wars, RIGHT? You do want the US debt to go down, right?

Your comment about big Gov't is funny. Reagan and W. both campaigned on reducing the size of Gov't and in both cases it GREW. O has shrunk the size of Gov't. The deficit is shrinking too! Most important, O gave us ACA (Patient Protection Rights) and we MUST take care of them, RIGHT?
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3098 Aug 5, 2014
libertarian wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost everyone got a tax cut, not just thee top 1%. Keep repeating the lib lies.
Which tax cut hurt the American economy the MOST?

Which tax cut made the rich richer than ever while cutting the amount of money available to pay down the debt?

Which tax cut CREATED lots and lots of good jobs that would allow ALL to pay their fair share?

Please expand your answer, because as it stands, it is just the same old dribble. And we all know dribble does NOT pay the bill.

Take back the tax cuts and allow America (Taxpayers) to put people to work in good jobs! Let's take hard working fellow Americans off of Welfare! If you would not want your employer to place you on welfare, why would they; think about it!
Hold on there

Zwolle, LA

#3099 Aug 5, 2014
Israel is protecting their border and peoples and getting rid of the damned tunnels. And doing it quite successfully I might add , and telling John Kerry. Don't ever second guess them again when it comes to protecting israel. Good for them. Put that talking head in his place.
No , compassion for me does not come from taking care of those who won't work. That's your words , who can't or won't work or take.care of themselves. You seriously think we should take care of people who choose not to work. Go take a poll and seehow many agree they should take care of those who won't work probably wont get many takers Let them go without then They might decide they can work after all.if you can't work. You should qualify for disability. Then you can draw a disability check. Only if you are truly disabled. If you won't work. Don't look at me for handouts.
Not many would
Feel as you do. These countries in war have always had greed on their minds or religion were just scared to go to war. Didn't know how America might take it. This is a worry they no longer have America will do nothing. But draw a red line and when it's crossed
America will step back like it didn't happen they say there's a silver lining In every cloud. Only one I see is howdy doody won't be in office forever.
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3100 Aug 5, 2014
Hold on there wrote:
Israel is protecting their border and peoples and getting rid of the damned tunnels. And doing it quite successfully I might add , and telling John Kerry. Don't ever second guess them again when it comes to protecting israel. Good for them. Put that talking head in his place.
No , compassion for me does not come from taking care of those who won't work. That's your words , who can't or won't work or take.care of themselves. You seriously think we should take care of people who choose not to work. Go take a poll and seehow many agree they should take care of those who won't work probably wont get many takers Let them go without then They might decide they can work after all.if you can't work. You should qualify for disability. Then you can draw a disability check. Only if you are truly disabled. If you won't work. Don't look at me for handouts.
Not many would
Feel as you do. These countries in war have always had greed on their minds or religion were just scared to go to war. Didn't know how America might take it. This is a worry they no longer have America will do nothing. But draw a red line and when it's crossed
America will step back like it didn't happen they say there's a silver lining In every cloud. Only one I see is howdy doody won't be in office forever.
So the tunnels were located in those schools? So much death! Don't you think there was a better way? Mouthing off at Kerry was childish; keep in mind they killed a lot of innocent people. If they knew where the tunnels were, why didn't they station their troops there and seal them up? Too much just doesn't make sense.

You sound like a broken record, ALL PEOPLE feel that those that can work should. That is why you would pay for your expanded Medicare through your employer, right? Medicaid would be only for those who CANNOT work. NO one is in favor of supporting the cheaters.

Complaining is NOT a solution.

ALL those that work should be paid at least a living wage so they can afford to live and get at least basic healthcare. Don't know one person who would give up their ACA nor Medicare, do you?

Intelligence comes from data.
Ignorance comes from lack of data.
Stupid comes from receiving data and still getting it wrong because you watch Fox News too much.

I
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3101 Aug 5, 2014
Seems to me that when America goes to war ,it is more about expanding/protecting corporate interest overseas.

Separation of church and state allows ALL citizens the freedom to worship as you wish, but NOT to push your beliefs on others.

If these other countries would adopt the same rule, there would be fewer wars with regard to religion.

O has NOT divided the country, but rather, has pushed the envelope of inclusion.

The less you have to fight about, the more you get along. RIGHT?

Revenge is mine says the Lord. Acceptance is yours!
Living Wage

Opelousas, LA

#3102 Aug 5, 2014

Elizabeth Warren It's 'wrong' the way Romney earns income

simply explained

She also addresses Congress ownership of stock and inside info they are privy to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Snapchat????? 9 hr sportsfan177 41
Who is the BEST divorce lawyer in WM? (Aug '10) Tue barbara 17
Start Music Thread (Sep '13) Sep 28 Musikologist 7
Who knows anything about John Fling? Sep 27 Some guy 2
sex Sep 27 Some guy 2
Adam Terry Gets DWI Sep 25 Simple Solution 2
Review: Albert E Loomis III Sep 15 Douglassright 2
Monroe Dating
Find my Match

Monroe Jobs