Safe and Best place to live in Monroe

“I am who I am and that is all ”

Since: Dec 13

Lowville NY

#21 Feb 9, 2014
We too were looking to move that way after selling this place we are at. This by the least has been very informative. I and the wife though have NO problems with as you all say blacks or whites. We are all human and all look the same under the skin. What I have learned in ALL the places I have lived in the passed is there are good and BAD in EVERY RACE. NONE are prefect. But then most have at least tried to get along with me to the face anyway. I guess it was the way I was raised back in the late 70's through the 90's. We both are very friendly to everyone as long as we can talk then who else cares what anyone thinks. They will just be jealous of all the new friends.
THE TRUTH

Seattle, WA

#22 Feb 22, 2014
I don't understand all the racism down their whats the point its not going to do u people any good to be racist do we not bleed the same color if a major catastrophic event happens we will all suffer then ask your self does it really matter what color we are. for being a bunch of religulous nut jobs i'm starting to wonder if you people even now what the bible stands for i'm pretty sure it dosent say any thing about hating black and whites so to all u racist cock sucker that are out their and that read this i feel sorry for you and u all should die horrible deaths maybe u should throw your selfs into that giant sinkhole or feed your selfs to the gators.
denise

Ashtabula, OH

#23 Mar 14, 2014
I am in Ohio and we are considering moving to West Monroe area of Louisiana.It doesn't matter here if you are black , white, green,or yellow. Not sure I want to bring my kids into this environment.
Barbara

Milwaukee, WI

#24 Mar 15, 2014
denise wrote:
I am in Ohio and we are considering moving to West Monroe area of Louisiana.It doesn't matter here if you are black , white, green,or yellow. Not sure I want to bring my kids into this environment.
I'm in wisconsin and I know what you mean I just visited though and I was treated like a queen so I think it's not too bad
Cain on the Cane

Natchitoches, LA

#25 Mar 25, 2014
The ignorant racists on this forum are probably the worst. Most of us understand diversity and changes. I hope you feel comfortable here. And the guy from Kent, WA, don't they teach you grammar, punctuation, spelling and not to make generally nasty comments??
I'm so glad I don't live in Kent !!

BTW, I am a 60 year old grandmother with a gay daughter and three straight children. Not my wish, nor hers, but you love your child no matter what. she's always been a joy to us, and that hasn't changed. She's a Christian, no drugs, no jail time, finished college, and lives in another state because of people like you, Kent, WA!

“I am who I am and that is all ”

Since: Dec 13

Lowville NY

#26 Apr 26, 2014
Well the time is here to let you all know that a few of us NEW YORK people are on there way there. We will be on our way by the end of May with Any luck if you believe in that sort of thing I myself think God has had his hand in this one. I would love to be in the Bastrop area so that is the first place we are looking. West Monroe is #2 only due to not having many places in our price range. SO if you happen to see us say hi I know we will! I really do miss the southern life this cold weather here SUCKS. In hopes of seeing you all and hanging out GOD BLESS.
LALA1987

Lafayette, LA

#27 Jul 1, 2014
Hunter1972 wrote:
Well the time is here to let you all know that a few of us NEW YORK people are on there way there. We will be on our way by the end of May with Any luck if you believe in that sort of thing I myself think God has had his hand in this one. I would love to be in the Bastrop area so that is the first place we are looking. West Monroe is #2 only due to not having many places in our price range. SO if you happen to see us say hi I know we will! I really do miss the southern life this cold weather here SUCKS. In hopes of seeing you all and hanging out GOD BLESS.
HELLO, My family will be there in a month or so! Do you have any recommendations or any tips for us?
Daughterofzion

Monroe, LA

#28 Oct 2, 2014
Hunter1972 wrote:
We too were looking to move that way after selling this place we are at. This by the least has been very informative. I and the wife though have NO problems with as you all say blacks or whites. We are all human and all look the same under the skin. What I have learned in ALL the places I have lived in the passed is there are good and BAD in EVERY RACE. NONE are prefect. But then most have at least tried to get along with me to the face anyway. I guess it was the way I was raised back in the late 70's through the 90's. We both are very friendly to everyone as long as we can talk then who else cares what anyone thinks. They will just be jealous of all the new friends.
Thank you for saying that..I am also moving from NC which we do have our fair share of struggles...but with good people coming together I believe it is possible to check some of this non-sense at the door...I am getting a new position their and it will be my first time coming to Monroe I do pray I can meet good people just as you and your family and together we all can make a difference in someone's heart that looking to be narrow-minded...we are all created in God's image and it's about time we start showing it...
Daughterofzion

Monroe, LA

#29 Oct 2, 2014
Quinn wrote:
I am looking for some details on Monroe and West Monroe. My husband's company has recently been acquired by CenturyLink and he is being asked to consider moving to Monroe. I am curious about several things....race relations being one of them....We are an interracial couple with children....I hear that West Monroe is very "unfriendly". Can anyone provide any insight so that I can make an enlighten decision for my family.
Thanks in advance....
I am also moving to Monroe for a new position in Century Link...I hope all has went well for your family if you decided to take that step...I was also concerned but I figure its racisim everywhere and you just gotta take God with you everywhere you go..when I say that I mean know that his word says he will never leave us nor forsake us...I hope to be a light to wherever God opens the door of opportunity and I pray to stand and unite with good minded people whether they are in church or not and stand up to this tradition of hatred ..and help bring back God's tradition of love to his creation....hope our paths will meet at Century Link...that's if you and your family decided to move their....
Daughterofzion

Monroe, LA

#30 Oct 2, 2014
01Ben21 wrote:
Monroe and West Monroe are not worst than any southern town with a mid sized population. There are higher crime areas and there is some race issues. I've lived here all of my life and I work for the Sheriff's Dept. We are a growing area and need different kind of people here. The racism comes from people who are intolerant and ignorant and most will only that way behind your back. You will get strange looks but it's because interracial couples are not as common. Don't be scared away from our great Parish!
Also thank you for being honest about your town...and its good to hear law enforcement speak out to let the world now not everyone is the same whether good or bad...reading your quote made me feel a lot comfortable that its not a one sided thing in monroe....I am moving their for a new postition and I hope it will grow into a wonderful career...but thank you for protecting everyone in your city and hope and pray it has gotten a whole lot better for the Sherriff's Dept....and the local Police Dept as well....
Ita thug town

El Dorado, AR

#31 Oct 3, 2014
I lived in Monroe 30 years ago. It was good then. Today it's nothing but a cess pool.
Mister

Opelousas, LA

#32 Dec 23, 2014
I am soon to be moving to west Monroe. Is evergreen str in a good neighborhood?

“smooth sailing”

Since: Nov 14

Panama City Beach, FL

#33 Jan 8, 2015
and who thinks topix is a good place for informaton
Needhelp

United States

#34 Mar 16, 2015
Hi Folks,

I am planning to move monroe soon, can any one suggest me which is the safe place for family and near to this office address.

5000 Forsythe Bypass #100, Monroe, LA 71201

I am currently living in this US country as work permit
CenturyLink Employee

Leesville, LA

#35 Mar 30, 2015
I would heavily reconsider moving near Monroe, LA. The place is good if you want to come straight home from work and stay at home, never going anywhere. Crime rate is pretty high for the size of town. Rent and house costs are higher than what they should be and finding a decent place is frustrating.

If you are a real Engineer coming to work for CenturyLink, I would suggest looking elsewhere. There will always be positions there because of the turnover.
Jazzy

United States

#36 Apr 23, 2015
Hello ppl im moving to monroe and I need help find a good two bedroom apt rent 450-500 nice neighborhood please help me
ladylisa

Santa Ana, CA

#37 May 21, 2015
I'm moving to Monroe in October.. I'm from cali my boyfriend is from monroe. We currently live in a small cowboy town in Arizona. And are an interracial couple. Which is the best area to move to?
ladylisa

Santa Ana, CA

#38 May 21, 2015
Jazzy wrote:
Hello ppl im moving to monroe and I need help find a good two bedroom apt rent 450-500 nice neighborhood please help me
I'm moving there as well!
ATL

Hampton, GA

#39 May 31, 2015
NASTY MFers wrote:
You Mud sharks should go back where you came from!
Keep hiding behind the computer "NASTY MFers"....you know better to do anything else.
Not monroe

Vilonia, AR

#40 Jun 24, 2015
No where in Monroe. It is rated third for most dangerous small cities in America. It's best if you don't move there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hotel worker helps catch car thief Mar 21 GaggleofGooses 2
Gay/Bi/DL Guys in Michigan (Jun '16) Mar 20 Favlos 22
News The Price Is Right coming to Monroe Mar 15 Mardick 1
Lida Benton Elementary School - Monroe, La. (19... (Jun '06) Mar 9 Carlos R 7
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... Feb '17 Eagle 12 297
Kasey Barnett Feb '17 WHO 2
Searching for Kasey Barnett Feb '17 WHO 1

Monroe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance