Posted in the Monroe Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Farhan

Laramie, WY

#1 Sep 15, 2011
Hi Guys

I need your suggestion. I will be moving to Monroe might be next month. I want to rent an apartment where i can live with my family.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Since: Apr 11

Rayville, LA

#2 Sep 19, 2011
Depends on your income..but stay away from the southside...
Blah Blah Blah

United States

#3 Sep 19, 2011
Farhan wrote:
Hi Guys
I need your suggestion. I will be moving to Monroe might be next month. I want to rent an apartment where i can live with my family.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Why in the world would you want to move here..????
If you must, check out Riverwood Apts. on Deborah Drive,
or Morrison Place, in the same neighborhood.
Quinn

Florissant, MO

#4 Feb 4, 2012
I am looking for some details on Monroe and West Monroe. My husband's company has recently been acquired by CenturyLink and he is being asked to consider moving to Monroe. I am curious about several things....race relations being one of them....We are an interracial couple with children....I hear that West Monroe is very "unfriendly". Can anyone provide any insight so that I can make an enlighten decision for my family.

Thanks in advance....
hope this helps

United States

#5 Feb 7, 2012
I just made the same move to work for Centurylink you are talking about. Race relations are strained to say the least and I hate to admit it also being in an interracial relationship as well. If you are moving here I would go Monroe side West Monroe is highly White and that is all I am going to say. Although both cities are very racist. I wish I could say better things but I don't want to lie. With all that said I do enjoy it here and Centurylink is awesome here it is like a family.

Hope this helps.
Quinn wrote:
I am looking for some details on Monroe and West Monroe. My husband's company has recently been acquired by CenturyLink and he is being asked to consider moving to Monroe. I am curious about several things....race relations being one of them....We are an interracial couple with children....I hear that West Monroe is very "unfriendly". Can anyone provide any insight so that I can make an enlighten decision for my family.
Thanks in advance....

Since: Mar 12

Cordova, TN

#6 Apr 8, 2012
hope this helps wrote:
<quoted text>I just made the same move to work for Centurylink you are talking about. Race relations are strained to say the least and I hate to admit it also being in an interracial relationship as well. If you are moving here I would go Monroe side West Monroe is highly White and that is all I am going to say. Although both cities are very racist. I wish I could say better things but I don't want to lie. With all that said I do enjoy it here and Centurylink is awesome here it is like a family.

Hope this helps.
All that THEY said! It is true!
Ikr

Fort Worth, TX

#7 Apr 11, 2012
Monroe and West Monroe are racist both whites and blacks. It's all true what they say
Ikr

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Apr 11, 2012
Swartz area is nice They have great Schools!!
Lls

United States

#9 Jun 5, 2012
Minus all the racial blurbs going on and being born and raised in this area...they are plenty of non racial people in Monroe and west Monroe! But for a nice apt in Monroe area there is village north and pinnacle which are close to century but west Monroe has top rates schools and Ashford is very nice in west Monroe with easy access to I20. Good luck and I hope you enjoy our area :/)

Since: May 12

Do you have some new material?

#10 Jun 7, 2012
east

Since: May 12

Do you have some new material?

#11 Jun 7, 2012
Stay away from downtown.
NASTY MFers

United States

#12 Jun 17, 2012
You Mud sharks should go back where you came from!
Just saying

West Monroe, LA

#13 Jun 24, 2012
Ikr wrote:
Swartz area is nice They have great Schools!!
man i dont know if you feel out and bumped your head this morning but i was born in swartz.Place is like a clean bandage over a dirty wound

“hello world”

Since: Jul 12

louisiana

#14 Jul 9, 2012
NASTY MFers wrote:
You Mud sharks should go back where you came from!
that is not nice to say

Since: Apr 11

Euless, TX

#15 Jul 9, 2012
You guys can be PC if you want and move right over to south third if you want, I'm just sayin...it ain't a good neighborhood
blackened sports

Euless, TX

#16 Jul 14, 2012
Lls wrote:
Minus all the racial blurbs going on and being born and raised in this area...they are plenty of non racial people in Monroe and west Monroe! But for a nice apt in Monroe area there is village north and pinnacle which are close to century but west Monroe has top rates schools and Ashford is very nice in west Monroe with easy access to I20. Good luck and I hope you enjoy our area :/)
West Monroe wouldn't be Nothing without those blacks playing sports

“When life is tough, be tougher”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#17 Jul 27, 2012
Monroe and West Monroe are not worst than any southern town with a mid sized population. There are higher crime areas and there is some race issues. I've lived here all of my life and I work for the Sheriff's Dept. We are a growing area and need different kind of people here. The racism comes from people who are intolerant and ignorant and most will only that way behind your back. You will get strange looks but it's because interracial couples are not as common. Don't be scared away from our great Parish!
pywakett350

United States

#18 Oct 23, 2013
I gotta tell ya, I am in one of the nicer parts of Monroe now, and it is probably not the best place for white people. I think the worst part of monroe by far is the Drivers. I have lived many places, and I can tell you now the drivers are worse here than in St. Louis city. I would not suggest Monroe to someone who doesn't know the area. If you go the wrong place at night, it is not good.
Bobby

United States

#19 Dec 20, 2013
Race mixing is wrong it takes a low life to bed down with a person of another race !
ImblackHeswhite

Duluth, GA

#20 Feb 5, 2014
Bobby you need Jesus!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Snapchat????? 1 hr sportsfan177 41
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 4 hr Not Landrieu 3,530
Who is the BEST divorce lawyer in WM? (Aug '10) Tue barbara 17
Start Music Thread (Sep '13) Sep 28 Musikologist 7
Who knows anything about John Fling? Sep 27 Some guy 2
sex Sep 27 Some guy 2
Adam Terry Gets DWI Sep 25 Simple Solution 2
Monroe Dating
Find my Match

Monroe Jobs

Monroe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monroe News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monroe