Statute of limitation expires on murd...

Statute of limitation expires on murder charge; case is axed

There are 5 comments on the News-Star story from Mar 10, 2007, titled Statute of limitation expires on murder charge; case is axed. In it, News-Star reports that:

An assistant district attorney said Friday that he may appeal a 4th Judicial District Court judge's decision to toss a second-degree murder charge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News-Star.

snark

Decatur, GA

#1 Mar 10, 2007
Statute of limitation on a murder charge???

first time I ever heard of that.
KDownsLPN

Monroe, LA

#2 Aug 15, 2011
snark wrote:
Statute of limitation on a murder charge???

first time I ever heard of that.
I didn't think there was one either.
KDownsLPN

Monroe, LA

#3 Aug 15, 2011
I got this from Wikipedia:

"Crimes that are considered exceptionally heinous by society have no statute of limitations. As a rule, there is no statute of limitations for murder, especially capital or first-degree murder."
KDownsLPN

Monroe, LA

#4 Aug 15, 2011
From Dictionary.com :

First-Degree Murder - Murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime such as robbery or arson.

Second-Degree Murder - Murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation.
KDownsLPN

Monroe, LA

#5 Aug 15, 2011
I guess there IS a Statute of Limitations IF the murder wasn't intentional. This is making my head hurt. I'm SO glad I'm not an attorney or a judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jacquelyn “Jackie” Richardson May 20 TRUTH 1
upcoming trial Apr 27 Yuck 2
chef scott morris (Dec '12) Apr '18 Uncle Tom 4
1960 murders of David Pitts/Albert Pitts/Marsha... (Nov '09) Mar '18 Shotgun fuller 3
West Monroe Music Selection (Aug '12) Mar '18 Musikologist 16
News Courtesy: KNOE 8 News (May '17) Feb '18 I hate Monroe LA 2
News Duke Sonnier Jr. facing aggravated domestic abu... (Aug '10) Feb '18 Leslie Wilson 36

Monroe Jobs

Personal Finance

Monroe Mortgages