UL-M needs help
blah blah blah

United States

#22 Jun 17, 2011
seriously wrote:
She just signed two juco all American pitchers. I know a lot of coaches in different sports who don't keep walk ons after a year. Its a privilege to be on athletic.scholarship and there is a reason they can be renewed or revoked after a year. Sometimes you have to get rid of bad attitudes and no work ethic. Sometimes you get lucky and those players get rid of themselves.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.......same out bullsh!t!

"She has got these great players from the West Coast.......... they are great because they are from California!.........the best players come from out West..........I would take a girl from California before I would take the #1 player from Louisiana!"

Just save it, we have been listening to her Bullsh!t for years! It never has paid off and quite frankly it is totally stupid and asinine!
ULM Employee

United States

#23 Jun 17, 2011
blah blah blah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.......same out bullsh!t!
"She has got these great players from the West Coast.......... they are great because they are from California!.........the best players come from out West..........I would take a girl from California before I would take the #1 player from Louisiana!"
Just save it, we have been listening to her Bullsh!t for years! It never has paid off and quite frankly it is totally stupid and asinine!
LOL! You know her all right! Could not have said it better myself!
seriously

United States

#24 Jun 17, 2011
The pitcher she just signed is from West Ouachita. And the California argument does have some validity. The west coast is supreme in softball. Look at SEC rosters...they are filled with California kids.
NLU Alumni

Raleigh, NC

#25 Jun 17, 2011
seriously wrote:
The pitcher she just signed is from West Ouachita. And the California argument does have some validity. The west coast is supreme in softball. Look at SEC rosters...they are filled with California kids.
So are you saying that ULM softball should fill their roster with California players and not first look at Louisiana players? Just trying to clarify that point.
seriously

Walker, LA

#26 Jun 18, 2011
I'm saying they should recruit the better athlete. People think north Louisiana softball is good and it's not.
Softball Fan

Tyler, TX

#27 Jun 18, 2011
seriously wrote:
I'm saying they should recruit the better athlete. People think north Louisiana softball is good and it's not.
Hhhmmmmmm, well let's see.

This year was a bad year for Central & North Louisiana softball. Out of the 7 classes in Louisiana High School sports Central & North LA only won 1 championship in softball for the 2010-2011 season.

Now in the 2009-2010 season Central & North LA softball brought back 4 of the 7 classes a championship.

In 2008-2009 another 4 championships and 2 more teams in the finals in classes that were not won that had 1 run and 2 run defeats. In other words we made a showing in 6 of the 7 classes.

This is not to mention that the quarter & semi finals every year are full of Central & North Louisiana teams in all classes. That being said there are players on these teams that are very good softball players and worthy of college level play. These are all just facts plain and simple.

Therefore your statement of "People think north Louisiana softball is good and it's not" is just plain FALSE! It is very apparent you really don't know anything about high school fastpitch softball in Louisiana or you would not make such and idiotic statement!
Softball Fan

Tyler, TX

#28 Jun 18, 2011
seriously wrote:
The pitcher she just signed is from West Ouachita. And the California argument does have some validity. The west coast is supreme in softball. Look at SEC rosters...they are filled with California kids.
There are some California players on some SEC teams. There are also teams in the SEC like the University of Alabama that don't have any and Alabama went deep in the WCWS this year.

And hey, let's talk about the Sunbelt Conference. The Conference Champs every year is University of Louisiana-Lafayette and they have NO CALIFORNIA PLAYERS! They kick ULM's butt every year and usually BAD! And they do it without any help from California! Their roster is a majority of Louisiana players. They have also made appearances at the WCWS in the last few years and always go deep in the playoffs.

Therefore there is NO validity to your argument that you must have these California players on your team to compete! And it can be done with Louisiana players, you just have to have a descent coaching staff which ULM does not have!

It's not all about the players, you must also have good coaches! You could have the best players in the world but if you have sorry coaching you WILL NOT WIN!

Wake up and pull your head out of the "California sand"!
seriously

Walker, LA

#29 Jun 18, 2011
First off I never said You had to have California kids to win. But lets look at the University of Florida who destroyed the University of Alabama in the WCWS and they have several California girls. Let's also look at Who won the WCWS.

How many kids on ULLs roster are from north Louisiana...what maybe 2. The rest are from south Louisiana. Tech only has 3 Louisiana kids and Northwestern State only has 3. Look at the 2 best players in ULM history...uh both from California. ULL will always have its pick of the best Louisiana kids.

I'm Not arguing like or dislike of coaching staff. It will never change until she quits. Everyone can just accept that.
curious

Walker, LA

#30 Jun 18, 2011
I don't know anything about this topic. Imma curious reader. How many player from those championship teams are playing college ball?
Monroe Man

United States

#31 Jun 21, 2011
What kind of coach would limit themselves to recruiting their team from one state? That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard of! And what kind of coach would not recruit players from their own state? Just plain stupid! Is this coach stupid or what?
Class of 1990

Easley, SC

#32 Jun 23, 2011
The problem is not the coach but is the Athletic Director. He should be the one overseeing these type things and taking action to keep this type of thing from happening. It is his job to rein in this out of control coach and if she doesn’t conform then to start the procedures towards letting her go. He isn’t a very good AD in my opinion and we need a change at ULM and not just a coaching change!
Purple and Gold

Camden, OH

#33 Jun 24, 2011
ULM is the laughing stock of all the division 1 colleges in Louisiana! LOL! Just a joke! LOL! It's things like this bad coach thing that make them such a joke. Do you think something like this would happen at LSU? NEVER! The coach and the athletic director both would be looking for jobs! ULM will always be what it is and nothing more because there will never be any change in the good ole boy system there.

GEAUX TIGERS!
Sports Fan

Houston, TX

#34 Jun 25, 2011
Class of 1990 wrote:
The problem is not the coach but is the Athletic Director. He should be the one overseeing these type things and taking action to keep this type of thing from happening. It is his job to rein in this out of control coach and if she doesn’t conform then to start the procedures towards letting her go. He isn’t a very good AD in my opinion and we need a change at ULM and not just a coaching change!
You got a point there!
NLU long gone

United States

#35 Jun 30, 2011
The whole sprit of school has gone down for years ever since it lost it's identity and became "ULM". This type problem doesn't surprise me at all. The administration does not care or this type thing would never get this far. My advise to a prospective student would be to go to LA Tech or LSU instead and avoid this type of school and these type problems that come with it.
football

United States

#36 Aug 17, 2011
what is the word on the football team this year?
LOL

Cordova, TN

#37 Aug 24, 2011
NOT GOOD! LOL! A Joke!
Cowboys fan

Houston, TX

#38 Aug 30, 2011
they SUCK!!!!! LOL!!!!
question

Indianapolis, IN

#39 Oct 25, 2011
how is the team this year?
FAGFEST 2012

United States

#40 Nov 6, 2011
question wrote:
how is the team this year?
The softball team has more dykes than usual. It looks like a dyke fest for sure! Why ULM egnores this disgrace to our school is amazing! What's next a full blown rainbow homo football team? They would probably be able to beat our current team! LOL! The whole school is a joke!

“It's hot in my world”

Since: Oct 11

The Pit

#42 Nov 10, 2011
Bambi Fake wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you. You are as hateful as I am. Wanna hook up?
All you need is me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jacquelyn “Jackie” Richardson May 20 TRUTH 1
upcoming trial Apr 27 Yuck 2
chef scott morris (Dec '12) Apr '18 Uncle Tom 4
1960 murders of David Pitts/Albert Pitts/Marsha... (Nov '09) Mar '18 Shotgun fuller 3
West Monroe Music Selection (Aug '12) Mar '18 Musikologist 16
News Courtesy: KNOE 8 News (May '17) Feb '18 I hate Monroe LA 2
News Duke Sonnier Jr. facing aggravated domestic abu... (Aug '10) Feb '18 Leslie Wilson 36

Monroe Jobs

Personal Finance

Monroe Mortgages