Gun control debate heating up in statehouses

Dec 21, 2012 Full story: NBC29 2,688

By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday: President Barack Obama says his administration has received an outpouring of support for stricter gun laws following last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, telling respondents to an online... President Barack ... (more)

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2540 Feb 2, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
So you are saying that criminals
Can always tell a gun gnutter is lying when he begins with "So you are saying...".

I don't have any problems with people quoting me.

I do have a problem with liars such as yourself making straw man.

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#2541 Feb 2, 2013
Maxamillion wrote:
<quoted text>
OK I'd guess 100% of Chicago's murders were commited by criminals.
The killings that were justifiable were not commited by criminals.
So all Chicago murders were commited by criminals.
In Chicago's case since Illinois doesn't issue CHP/CCW (insert name for carry permit) 0% of the murders were committed by licensed carriers, unless they were politicians (they can carry). I assure you if an out of state permit holder had killed someone there it would be all over the media.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#2542 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I talked about was one of your fellow gun lovers who walked into a school using an NRA- sponsored assault weapon and using the large capacity magazines the NRA has fought to make available to other gun lovers: he turned those kids into hamburgers.
And he wasn't the first, the second, the third or the fourth, and he won't be the last.
And if you are going to whine when people fling your crap back into your face, buttercup, don't dish it out.
Wipe your chin, you are a mess.
Not the first except where the presidents kids go to school. Of course they have guns there to protect the kids.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#2543 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me about another one of your brave gun owners, JustGayGuy, who forced his way onto a school bus with a gun and tried to take a couple young boys with him.
Did he make the school bus any safer?
Well it proved what happens when bus drivers are self defense free.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#2544 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you give it a try and report back to us?
That school does not get attacked. Want to explain to the class why?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#2545 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you decided not to read the fine print again.
EG: "The Violence Policy Center’s Concealed Carry Killers database documents 370 incidents in 32 states."
It is not by any stretch of the imagination an inclusive list.
Happy to see PROOF and PROOF starts with a list of EVERY killing at the hands of CCW holder.
And if you will look at the post I linked from the other thread, it was from a year ago. The paragraph below the tallies was not there then. I guess they got tired of people calling "BULLSHIT!" on their numbers. Nevertheless, could it be that the reason there are only 32 states mentioned is because they could not find any proof of CCW holders in the other 18 states (or in Obama's case, 25 states)killing anyone?? Things that make you go "hmmmm".

The point of the whole ordeal was to prove, and I have using their own stats, that you are approx. 131 times more likely to be murdered by someone WITHOUT a CCW license than by someone with one. And that's not compared to just criminals...that's compared to the rest of the country as a whole.

Still waiting for you to prove your statement about 100's of wives being killed by their CCW carrying husbands. Or are you just going to deny saying it??
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#2546 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you decided not to read the fine print again.
EG: "The Violence Policy Center’s Concealed Carry Killers database documents 370 incidents in 32 states."
It is not by any stretch of the imagination an inclusive list.
Happy to see PROOF and PROOF starts with a list of EVERY killing at the hands of CCW holder.
OH. EVERY killing. Not just murder but self defense also? So it's bad when a bullet finds it's way into an attacker? Did you also consider police using their gun to kill in the line of duty as a bad thing?.....(AP) Atlanta • A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an ARMED officer working at the school was able to subdue him, police said.....'The obvious question is how did this get past a metal detector?' ANTI-GUN = 0.... PRO-GUN = 1.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#2547 Feb 2, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you will look at the post I linked from the other thread, it was from a year ago. The paragraph below the tallies was not there then. I guess they got tired of people calling "BULLSHIT!" on their numbers. Nevertheless, could it be that the reason there are only 32 states mentioned is because they could not find any proof of CCW holders in the other 18 states (or in Obama's case, 25 states)killing anyone?? Things that make you go "hmmmm".
The point of the whole ordeal was to prove, and I have using their own stats, that you are approx. 131 times more likely to be murdered by someone WITHOUT a CCW license than by someone with one. And that's not compared to just criminals...that's compared to the rest of the country as a whole.
Still waiting for you to prove your statement about 100's of wives being killed by their CCW carrying husbands. Or are you just going to deny saying it??
I would say "Drum roll please" but the drummer is still playing from the last time.

Location hidden

#2549 Feb 2, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> OH. EVERY killing. Not just murder but self defense also?
I'm not interested in your machinations trying to justify fabricated numbers.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#2550 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can always tell a gun gnutter is lying when he begins with "So you are saying...".
I don't have any problems with people quoting me.
I do have a problem with liars such as yourself making straw man.
1. I don't lie. Period. Takes up too much memory. And ^that^ is a typical libturd statement by someone who can't dispute what has been presented. You can't dispute what was said, so you attack the person that said it. Straight out the libturd playbook.

2. That statement was made in response to "Tony" who actually made the claim that most murders are committed by CCW holders.

3. There is no strawman argument here. If you think so....prove me wrong you ignorant POS.

Location hidden

#2551 Feb 2, 2013
Tray wrote:
A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an ARMED officer working at the school was able to subdue him
He didn't use his firearm to subdue the child, idiot.

I see your fellow gun lover still has that boy locked up in his bomb shelter.

You know: the one that shot the bus driver in the chest when he refused to let the gun lover steal two boys?
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#2552 Feb 2, 2013
Been seeing black helicopters overhead? Uniformed troops with guns drawn? Armored vehicles cruising through your residential neighborhood?

Worry not; it’s just the U.S. military’s Special Operations Command doing “realistic urban training” for military maneuvers on site in cities across the United States because that’s what they need to be able to do, according to the military.
During a recent drill in Miami, a photographer “captured video of a military helicopter firing its machine guns as it flew over an area freeway.”
These are standard training exercises known [as] realistic urban training conducted by units from United States Special Operations Command,” he said.

Noggle said the “purpose of the realistic urban training is to give our Special Operators an opportunity to hone their skills in a controlled, but unfamiliar, realistic urban environment that cannot be replicated with the bare-boned facades found on military installation ranges." “A decade ago,‘black helicopters’ were fantasy according to the official account, and a favorite among conspiracy theorists. Today, it’s just an everyday occurrence, while the plans to ‘resettle’ the American people, or at least its dissidents, in concentration camps is officially on the books.”

The commentary linked to another site that has posted a 2010 report from the Army called “Internment and Resettlement Operations.”

“The public is being conditioned to give up its own defenses, in the way of 2nd Amendment infringements, all while being repeatedly trained to accept a constant police-military presence in its major cities,” the commentary said.

WND previously reported military “exercises” in Minneapolis. Records clerk Melissa Hill said,“To me it’s really frightening. Military copters flying around in our airspace in an urban setting – it kind of conditions people to accept a police state.”
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#2553 Feb 2, 2013

Location hidden

#2555 Feb 2, 2013
Tray wrote:
Been seeing black helicopters overhead?
Reline your tin foil hat, darling.

Location hidden

#2556 Feb 2, 2013
Tray wrote:
Been seeing black helicopters overhead?
plagiarized copy & paste.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#2558 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you worship Lenin, eh, Donglicker?
I can't say I'm not surprised!
PS: Gun registration has been around in the USA since 1938.
I think I hear them black UN hellycopters, Donglicker, you better finish him off and held for the bomb shelter!
He is one of yours and my guns aren't registered flamer.

Firearms purchases by women in Florida has spiked 73% since the reelection of Barack Obama. There are now 200,000 women in Florida with concealed carry permits to deal with violent Democrats such as yourself.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#2559 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, JAGGOFF, I called you 'donglicker'. you provide another service.

Have you had your gay fetish all your life?
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#2560 Feb 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you and your aliases put your head together come up with a guess?
And then see if you can make a point.
And see if you can convince us what the 500 firearm killings make a good case for more guns.
Putting aside the shootings are not all murders.

You said hundreds of ccw permit holders kill there wives every year and you expect people to take you seriously?Are you a paid hack for the anti gun Obama administration? If so they should think twice before they hire ignorant idiots such as yourself.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2561 Feb 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You said hundreds of ccw permit holders kill there wives every year and you expect people to take you seriously?Are you a paid hack for the anti gun Obama administration? If so they should think twice before they hire ignorant idiots such as yourself.
You got that Right!!.
drinK the hivE

Anonymous Proxy

#2562 Feb 2, 2013
Also One Time A Customer(Barefoot) Almost Left Forgetting Their $10 In Change And When The Cashier Called 2 Them The Store Manager Tries 2 Shut Him Up And Tells Him 2 Leave The Money In The Donation Box - He Pull' This Sort Of Shit On A Daily Basis - Typical BS Liberal...

http://cdn.motinetwork.net/politifake.org/ima...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 8 min Julia 11,476
The Record: Christie and pensions Oct 19 twisted rabbi 4
Evaluations: city teachers make grade Oct 14 BPT 2
Great childcare In newtown Sep 30 jenbulluss 1
Who are members of Finch's staff? (Sep '08) Sep 27 iknowtoomuch 14
Local Wife, Husband Team Specialize in Monroe R... Aug '14 Over taxed 1
Question Gets Boy, 4, Banned From Doughnut Shop Jul '14 Naughtyrobot 3

Monroe News Video

Monroe Dating
Find my Match