Newtown group wants action on gun con...

Newtown group wants action on gun control

There are 12 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Mar 8, 2013, titled Newtown group wants action on gun control. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Legislative leaders met for four more hours Thursday, continuing to make progress toward a possible bipartisan response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

Gun Control Does Not Work

United States

#1 Mar 9, 2013
I am very suspicious of anything that is rushed. It reminds me of being pressured into a bad sales deal. How can any new legislation be supported if we the people don't even know the details of the Sandy Hook investigation.
CTM

United States

#2 Mar 9, 2013
They don't want to give you any details of the investigation. The truth will only undermine all the politicians hard work (lies).

DeDominicis

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#3 Mar 9, 2013
I want action against the media, the first amendment isnt for those who wish to cause a problem by shouting fire ina crowded theatre. The second SHOULD be for hobbyests,collectors, whatever you wish to call them. This isnt how the vast majority of gun crimes in America happened and there is a reason for the "normal" ones as well. You cant treat people poorly and expect great results.
Ralph

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Mar 10, 2013
Sorry but even if Newtown were COVERED with a layer of FULLY AUTOMATIC assualt rifles LOADED with 50 round magazines. UNLESS a human picked up one of those rifles and pulled the trigger NONE would discharge.

United States

#5 Mar 10, 2013
Ralph wrote:
Sorry but even if Newtown were COVERED with a layer of FULLY AUTOMATIC assualt rifles LOADED with 50 round magazines. UNLESS a human picked up one of those rifles and pulled the trigger NONE would discharge.
If you read the CT Post, you wouldn't think so based on their one sided anti-gun rights trash. Boycott the CT Post and any company that advertises in that rag newspaper.
Michelle

Canton, MI

#6 Mar 11, 2013
So much hurt, confussion and frustration across America. All we all want is protection, peace and the right to enjoy this beautiful earth without fear. Bottom line, people are hurting and we need healing!

DeDominicis

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#7 Mar 12, 2013
I want a more responsible media that doesnt stir up quarlsom,frivilous suits.
CTM

United States

#8 Mar 12, 2013
I'd be happy with the truth as to what actually set Adam off.

United States

#9 Mar 12, 2013
CTM wrote:
I'd be happy with the truth as to what actually set Adam off.
I'd like to know what and who ignored red flags that could have prevented this tragedy. I'm sick to see too many of our narrow minded legislators are too focused on promoting their anti gun agenda. Mass murders like Newtown are because of a broken mental health system, while the street violence in our Cities and Towns is due to a broken criminal justice system. Unfortunately, our legislators are doing almost nothing to address these issues.
Adam Lanza drug test

Saint Petersburg, FL

#10 Mar 12, 2013
At least eight of the recent school shooters were under the influence of such drugs, and according to media reports, investigators working on the Virginia Tech school shootings, Cho Seung-Hui may also have been taking drugs for "depression." Filmmaker Michael Moore has also called for a federal investigation into school shooters and psychiatric drugs

See
CTM

United States

#11 Mar 12, 2013
Gun Control Does Not Work wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to know what and who ignored red flags that could have prevented this tragedy. I'm sick to see too many of our narrow minded legislators are too focused on promoting their anti gun agenda. Mass murders like Newtown are because of a broken mental health system, while the street violence in our Cities and Towns is due to a broken criminal justice system. Unfortunately, our legislators are doing almost nothing to address these issues.
........There was some early talk regarding Adams' Mother wanting to have him committed, yet there is no doctor or prescription found. The system here is really corrupt, like giving lessons on how to lie, to politicians so they can lie to you, they have just been doing it so long here. Add the cop corruption,(like they were robbing their own pension fund), and you get the best in inbred society. So maybe they were planning on railroading Adam to the last State Mental Institution and he didn't like that idea. But to take a full cut of the whole situation, what kind of monsters turn such a tragedy into their own agenda pushing machine?
pumalori

United States

#12 Mar 18, 2013
Gun Control Does Not Work wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the CT Post, you wouldn't think so based on their one sided anti-gun rights trash. Boycott the CT Post and any company that advertises in that rag newspaper.
All media is corrupt as it is run by theni gger loving liberal Jew. You act as if this is news to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Benanto Real Estate (Aug '13) Wed Joanieb 5
Review: I Love Kickboxing (Jan '16) Jul 18 kem 45
abbe beard? (Jan '09) Jul 14 74gnhsj 2
News Herbert Hanford Bottomley, 97, Passed Away Mar '16 America Gentleman... 1
News Public Hearing Set for 2016-2017 Monroe Town Bu... Feb '16 reality 1
News Take a pictorial walk through Poli's theaters a... (Nov '15) Nov '15 American Gentlema... 1
News Monroe alternative school site debated (Dec '08) Oct '15 Kate J 25

Monroe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monroe Mortgages