Senate Blocks Expanded Gun Sale Background Checks

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

Senate Republicans, backed by rural-state Democrats, blocked legislation Wednesday to tighten restrictions on the sale of firearms, rejecting personal pleas made by families of the victims of last winter's mass elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Comments (Page 14)

Showing posts 261 - 280 of304
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

RandomThoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
I am taking my fishing pole and headed for the river ...**** em .
A farmer never complains about the rain .... grumble gumble :)
But I can go fishing lol , cause these folks aint never going agree on nothing = NOTHING
Read Grisham's A Painted House, great story. The funny part is where the father and grand father, cotton farmers, our always worried or complaining about the weather.
Eville

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

First of all,
http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/...

Secondly, the point of this operation was to give guns to the bad guys to trace where they end up. Looks like you are not up to speed with stuff.
Jonas pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
To bad Eric Holder didn't run a background check before he did all of his straw give aways to felons
Eville

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

I hope you understand the stupidity of your reasoning by me breaking it down for you.
Background checks prevented 72k guns on the streets in the hands of whomever the law thinks should not have guns.
So that is good right? Your issue is they are all not prosecuted??? For what Einstein? Trying to buy a gun is not a crime. Some of these people can be prosecuted if they end up with a gun illegally. But not all. So what are you complaining about? You understand now?:)

These are the cats who can't buy a gun from a dealer. They can still buy a gun from you, me or the gun show.

Section 922(g) of the Brady Act prohibits certain persons from shipping or transporting any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce, or receiving any firearm which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, or possessing any firearm in or affecting commerce. These prohibitions apply to any person who:

Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
Is a fugitive from justice;
Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution;
Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States;
Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced U.S. citizenship;
Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner, or;
Has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
Has a record of being a felon
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many of those 72k people were actually prosecuted?(hint, not many)...when you can enforce the laws on the books, and still have gaps; then you can consider new laws. Until then TOO BAD FOR YOU - freedom hater!!!
Eville

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

The summary: Anyone who opposes expanding background checks is farking stupid.
zeb

Bassett, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Even if they owned a gun liberals would try to reason watching there wife n children raped in front of them not wanting to defend there own
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Eville wrote:
The summary: Anyone who opposes expanding background checks is farking stupid.
I don't oppose background checks, I oppose people owning guns, period. They can't handle the responsibility as evidenced by everyday news.
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

sez you wrote:
<quoted text>I don't oppose background checks, I oppose people owning guns, period. They can't handle the responsibility as evidenced by everyday news.
If no one owned a gun then what would the background check be for? That is extreme. The country was founded on the right to bear arms and needs to be kept. There are needs for farmers, hunters, etc. I am all for keeping guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have one, but there are plenty of responsible gun owners. Any news story you see is obviously people who shouldn't have. Your extreme view is the reason people get the conspiracy theory that guns are going to be taken away.
zeb

Bassett, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

sez you wrote:
<quoted text>I don't oppose background checks, I oppose people owning guns, period. They can't handle the responsibility as evidenced by everyday news.
Although you and I are back n forth and I think your a anti American Idiot that will be one of the first to suc government ck , your right some shouldnt have guns cause,(theres a scripture in bible comparing people to sheep cause sheep are so stupid) I can honestly say I have meet stupider than sheep and a insult to sheep omg who lets these people breed
Eville

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

That ain't gonna fly. I own guns and carry concealed. I carry concealed because there are others that carry concealed. Guns are not going anywhere. An extreme view would be to ban all small and high capacity round fire arms and allow only shot guns, rifles etc.
sez you wrote:
zeb

Bassett, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Eville wrote:
That ain't gonna fly. I own guns and carry concealed. I carry concealed because there are others that carry concealed. Guns are not going anywhere. An extreme view would be to ban all small and high capacity round fire arms and allow only shot guns, rifles etc.
<quoted text>
You cant reason with a whimp that would rather his wife and daughter raped in front of him even if he had or knew a gun would protect them
Chances are this sbag has a gun himself but feels only he should be allowed to have one
andwould be the first to sk hitlars dk
Boodreau

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

sez you wrote:
If I can't bear arms can I arm bears? Sez there are millions of responsible gun owners. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. People are irresponsible with drinking, prescription drugs, knives, ropes, hammers. Get serious. Hey we can stop rape by castrating all males at birth. Irresponsibility has been around since one cave man busted another in the head with a rock. People drown, no swimming allowed. The only place you say 1 death is to many is to many is on firearms. Why is that life more important than any other preventable death?
Boodreau

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

sez you wrote:
How many kids hang themselves, die in drunk driving accidents, regular car accidents, od on drugs, bicycle accidents, drown in the family pool, ingest poison from substances in the home. All those are preventable but acceptable to you but OMG 1 firearm death is too many
huck

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>How many kids hang themselves, die in drunk driving accidents, regular car accidents, od on drugs, bicycle accidents, drown in the family pool, ingest poison from substances in the home. All those are preventable but acceptable to you but OMG 1 firearm death is too many
So you are ok with 1 preventable firearm death?
Eville

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

See Boudreau, gun crimes are done by people with miniscule nut sacks. It is easy to do a drive by, run in an office and shoot the people who din't approve your contract, shoot someone who cut you off on the road etc. Only minimal thought process is needed. But these gabriels will not have a fist fight or a knife fight if they did not have a gun. Even if they had a fist/knife, the death rate will be waaaay lesser. So this means that ample guns cause ample deaths.

Yeah I know. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. In actuality, guns make it easy for people to kill people. When there is an easy way out, people take it. Make it difficult. Background checks for all gun buyers is a start.

Comparing preventable accidents to intentional gun deaths is not right.
Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>How many kids hang themselves, die in drunk driving accidents, regular car accidents, od on drugs, bicycle accidents, drown in the family pool, ingest poison from substances in the home. All those are preventable but acceptable to you but OMG 1 firearm death is too many
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Boodreau wrote:
Many use an argument comparing apples to oranges as you have here. You can do better. Your earlier post was quite valid, don't digress.
Common sense

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Bottom line... these newtown parents of victims are becoming rich and famous off their kids' deaths. They should be ashamed. If they are so against guns, then don't own one. As for me, I will keep my guns and my rights, no further questions.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Common sense wrote:
Bottom line... these newtown parents of victims are becoming rich and famous off their kids' deaths. They should be ashamed. If they are so against guns, then don't own one. As for me, I will keep my guns and my rights, no further questions.
We all have the right to be stupid, not all of us exercise that right.
Common sense

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

True true
Crazy

Ruckersville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

It's simple for me, I don't want the government to people knowing as much as they already know. If I decided to get a gun, then I don't want anyone knowing. I shouldn't have to ask permission to own something I want.

How many people that are against guns are for banning fast food and tobacco products? Both kill and cause a bigger strain on our health care system? Just trying to figure out if people are for more people living or less guns.
zeb

Bassett, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Crazy wrote:
It's simple for me, I don't want the government to people knowing as much as they already know. If I decided to get a gun, then I don't want anyone knowing. I shouldn't have to ask permission to own something I want.
How many people that are against guns are for banning fast food and tobacco products? Both kill and cause a bigger strain on our health care system? Just trying to figure out if people are for more people living or less guns.
You forgot how many pos liberals own guns but dont want anyone else tp have one

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 261 - 280 of304
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Monroe News Video

•••
•••

Monroe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monroe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE