Senate Blocks Expanded Gun Sale Backg...

Senate Blocks Expanded Gun Sale Background Checks

There are 304 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Apr 16, 2013, titled Senate Blocks Expanded Gun Sale Background Checks. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Senate Republicans, backed by rural-state Democrats, blocked legislation Wednesday to tighten restrictions on the sale of firearms, rejecting personal pleas made by families of the victims of last winter's mass elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Apr 17, 2013
Background checks can't even pass with 90% of population favoring it. How many more Newtowns will it take to shame Congress.

Judged:

19

15

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Colt 45

Warrenton, VA

#2 Apr 17, 2013

There are enough laws for guns already,if
they would enforce those it would go a long way in stopping some of the gun violence being committed,Quit slapping these criminals on the hand and put some real jail time on them the first time a gun is used in a crime.Leave law abiding citizens alone.
Hmmmmm

Harrisonburg, VA

#3 Apr 17, 2013
Can we also now get rid of out draconian drinking age and cigarette ban laws now - please? If we're going free its just time to go free.

And I'm not kidding about that.
Colt 45

Warrenton, VA

#4 Apr 17, 2013
huck wrote:
Background checks can't even pass with 90% of population favoring it. How many more Newtowns will it take to shame Congress.
Explain how this bill would have prevented or prevent another Newtown from happening?

“Don't Drink The Obama Kool-Aid”

Since: Aug 09

You don't need to know, Va.

#5 Apr 17, 2013
huck wrote:
Background checks can't even pass with 90% of population favoring it. How many more Newtowns will it take to shame Congress.
Please tell me EXACTLY how this bill would have prevented the tragedy at Newtown.

“Don't Drink The Obama Kool-Aid”

Since: Aug 09

You don't need to know, Va.

#6 Apr 17, 2013
Colt 45 wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how this bill would have prevented or prevent another Newtown from happening?
We both be postin at the same time!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Apr 17, 2013
Colt 45 wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how this bill would have prevented or prevent another Newtown from happening?
It wouldn't have, but represents gun violence. The Newtown shooter was copy-cat act of other massacres, other killers who could have been stopped with a more comprehensive background check law.
You must be for guns falling into the wrong hands.
Hmmmmm

Harrisonburg, VA

#8 Apr 17, 2013
Colt 45 wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how this bill would have prevented or prevent another Newtown from happening?
First you explain how it wouldn't. Then, when you're done making up one story, someone else can go ahead and make up another.
DoNotVoteRepubli can

Chesapeake, OH

#9 Apr 17, 2013
Do Not Vote Republican!!!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Apr 17, 2013
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
<quoted text>We both be postin at the same time!
clueless minds think alike
twinmom

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Apr 17, 2013
Until the lawmakers address how the names of the menatlly ill get into the database, background checks are useless.
And there is so much distrust of Obama and his cronies - they keep telling us that this won't be used to create a national registry, which is a heartbeat away from confiscating firearms- but we all know that that is what they really want to do.

When he gives us the armed Secret Service detail on his family, I'll believe that my family is safer without firearms in our home, not a day sooner.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Apr 17, 2013
twinmom wrote:
Until the lawmakers address how the names of the menatlly ill get into the database, background checks are useless.
and felons?
Colt 45

Warrenton, VA

#14 Apr 17, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't have, but represents gun violence. The Newtown shooter was copy-cat act of other massacres, other killers who could have been stopped with a more comprehensive background check law.
You must be for guns falling into the wrong hands.
There is no evidence the Newtown shooter Adam Lanza was a copy-cat act,All of the other killers brought there guns legally, No law will stop guns from getting into the wrong hands.And Thanks for admitting that it would not prevent another act of violence.
Colt 45

Warrenton, VA

#15 Apr 17, 2013
Hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
First you explain how it wouldn't. Then, when you're done making up one story, someone else can go ahead and make up another.
I'am sorry,do not understand what you are saying,WHAT?
Colt 45

Warrenton, VA

#16 Apr 17, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
and felons?
Come on now huck,It's already against the law for felon's to have guns.Has been as long as I can remember.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Apr 17, 2013
Colt 45 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence the Newtown shooter Adam Lanza was a copy-cat act,All of the other killers brought there guns legally, No law will stop guns from getting into the wrong hands.And Thanks for admitting that it would not prevent another act of violence.
VT could have been prevented with current reforms to reporting procedures.
Universal background checks would stop daily gun violence.
Newtown is just a symbol of gun violence.
Swing Voter

Farmville, VA

#18 Apr 17, 2013
I'm wondering if there were will be any consequences for both our Virginia Senators? I voted for both, but won't be supporting either in future elections, no matter how well they do in the remainder of their terms.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Apr 17, 2013
Colt 45 wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on now huck,It's already against the law for felon's to have guns.Has been as long as I can remember.
and a background check would prevent them from purchasing a gun
A thought

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Apr 17, 2013
twinmom wrote:
Until the lawmakers address how the names of the menatlly ill get into the database, background checks are useless.
And there is so much distrust of Obama and his cronies - they keep telling us that this won't be used to create a national registry, which is a heartbeat away from confiscating firearms- but we all know that that is what they really want to do.
When he gives us the armed Secret Service detail on his family, I'll believe that my family is safer without firearms in our home, not a day sooner.
The day Republicans support the taxes needed to provide everyone the armed Secret Service detail, I'll believe that they are actually serious about curbing gun violence and not just using this argument as a delaying tactic, and not a day sooner.
Colt 45

Warrenton, VA

#22 Apr 17, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
VT could have been prevented with current reforms to reporting procedures.
Universal background checks would stop daily gun violence.
Newtown is just a symbol of gun violence.
You are assuming that Cho would not have stolen guns to use,
How would universal background checks stop daily gun violence?
First you say Newtown was a copy-cat shooting,now it's just a symbol of gun violence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shelton Student Photographer: 'I'm Scared Of Th... 2 hr Vinny 3
News Judge Barbara Bellis in Superior Court, in Brid... 2 hr America Gentleman... 1
News Appeals court upholds MD assault weapons ban 3 hr Marauder 204
News Shortbus Bicycles Ready To Roll For Repairs Thr... Fri America Gentleman... 1
supergirl larose Mar 22 supergirl larose 3
News Crowds turn out for Bridgeport's St. Patrick's ... Mar 18 America Gentleman... 2
News Five Arrested On Prostitution Charges In Branfo... (Dec '09) Mar 18 Dr Pendyke 32

Monroe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monroe Mortgages