Superintendent Proposes 1.79% Spendin...

Superintendent Proposes 1.79% Spending Hike for 2012-13

There are 2 comments on the Patch.com story from Dec 6, 2011, titled Superintendent Proposes 1.79% Spending Hike for 2012-13. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Interim Supt. of Schools John Goetz believes a $52.35 million budget will allow Monroe Public Schools to meet its mission of preparing students to be "citizens in a world where they can make positive contributions to the diverse and global communities in which they learn, live and work." His proposal for fiscal year 2012-13 marks a 1.79 percent ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Yea right

New Haven, CT

#1 Dec 7, 2011
My family has a wish list too. I would be a wonderful world if we all had everything we wanted. The reality is that most of us have to settle for less. Looks like the School system needs to learn that.
1 and 1 is 11

New Haven, CT

#2 Dec 8, 2011
I find it odd that our enrollment has drop by hundreds of student in the last several years even to the point that we could close a school but yet our budgets only continue to increase? Must be new math skills I never learned? More students costs more and less students costs more???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Los Cat in Monroe, Ct. Apr 27 sns0710 1
News Former Redding Highway Superintendent Arrested (Sep '11) Apr 27 Penis 2
News Redding should worry about not joining health d... (Apr '09) Apr 27 Honey dope 4
News Appeals court upholds MD assault weapons ban Apr 22 American Patriot 417
News Consultant to share data on Routes 25 and 111 s... Apr 14 Jproberge 1
News Bethel police seize 100 bags of heroin, arrest ... (Jul '09) Apr 13 Samuels Furnace Man 115
News Bridgeport duo nabbed for additional burglary c... Apr 9 America Gentleman... 3

Monroe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monroe Mortgages