Ridgefield teen's death ruled heroin overdose

Full story: NewsTimes.com

A 17-year-old Ridgefield youth died of a heroin overdose on Oct. 22, the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said this week.
Comments
61 - 80 of 92 Comments Last updated May 24, 2013
Oh yeah

AOL

#89 Dec 14, 2008
VERY SAD wrote:
Wow if all you pathetic posters spent as much time trying to help your kids, your community, the police...etc as you do bashing each other in these forums, or the police, or each others spelling GEE maybe something or some kids life could be saved!!!! You all need to TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK IN THE MIRROR BEFORE YOU POINT A FINGER!!!! PATHETIC AND WHY THIS AREA IS FALLING APART!!!
Unfortunately people are bitter, broke and don't feel like doing much else besides bashing one another lately.
acorn

AOL

#90 Dec 14, 2008
Problem is, the first selectman Rudy Marconi has not set an example of being anti-drug.

Remember when he supported the drug dealing Tobin kid when he was busted in Russia a few years ago?
Toni_Marie

Berlin, CT

#91 Dec 15, 2008
This isnt a joke there must be something wrong with all of you,
he was a very good friend of mine, and its hard on all of us.
rest in peace sweeetie. <3.
I guess whoever was disrespectful never had something like this happen.
Unconditional Hate

New Milford, CT

#92 Dec 15, 2008
VERY SAD wrote:
Wow if all you pathetic posters spent as much time trying to help your kids, your community, the police...etc as you do bashing each other in these forums, or the police, or each others spelling GEE maybe something or some kids life could be saved!!!! You all need to TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK IN THE MIRROR BEFORE YOU POINT A FINGER!!!! PATHETIC AND WHY THIS AREA IS FALLING APART!!!
This is the angry forum. You must be looking for the sunshine and flowers forum. Check the Topix index for it.
Yankee

Stoughton, MA

#93 Dec 23, 2008
To stay on topic, condolences to the family of the 17 year old boy. Peace to the rest of you too.
oldwest

United States

#94 Jan 19, 2009
what the heck is going on ....herion overdose???is life that bad...come on kids..if the use of herion comes into your group of friends...run and get them some help..call the parents and let them know what is going on...it will save lives...read about things before you indulge in anything in life and see if you really want to take the risk
Michelle Anderson

Scottsdale, AZ

#95 Jun 5, 2009
recession wrote:
tell the parents to cut back on there weekly allowance. the parents are at fault for not paying attention to the tell tale signs of drug user. if the parents dont give money, hey dont get drugs!!!
YOU SHOULD BEG GOD FOR FORGIVENESS- You are ignorant!
drug use affects all walks of life..
but if you think all it takes is to cut allowance....
Then get your daughter tested for VD's...
has she become the new hooker on the block??????
you blind One!!!! KEEP YOUR KNOW IT ALL HEAD IN THE SAND!!!! and wake up... they will find another way to pay..
Hopefully you will never go through what his mom feels like today....HOW DARE YOU!!!!AND WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU ANYWAY TO BE SO SELF RIGHTEOUS, and CRUEL!!! KARMA CAN BE A BITCH YOU FUCKING JERK!!!!
all my condolence to all family and friends...
17yr olds mom Veronica

Tempe, AZ

#96 Jun 5, 2009
Thank you for your prayers.For all the others on here talking about my son and my family,my son was a human being!my son had a heart!and I can guarantee if he had read about something tragic that had happened in your family,he wouldnt be so shallow!ARE you GOD? were you there? do you
know the details?you dont have much knowledge do you?? you may have degrees,but common sense you have none!I hope when karma knocks on your door your prepared to face the cruel reality of what comes from within you.TREAT OTHERS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED!morals? values?? ill pray for you and yours..god knows you need the prayer and guidance!instead of leaving comments you know nothing about the topic in.!why dont you read the bible and gain self worth!my sons dead!!!!and people like you still walk our earth!!that is tragic! my name is Veronica Streaman.I am a good mom!I love MY son Nicholas!he was my son, my best friend,and is now my angel!im his mother not wonder woman and not god!just a mom that loved her son!
WebWeaver

Oxford, CT

#97 Jun 5, 2009
Oh Veronica - I am so sorry you have to see such an idiotic, shallow post. You and your son are in my prayers. May the tears in our eyes reach out as a prayer for your Nicholas and all of those who have or are in the evil battle of addiction. And prayers for strength to the parents and family members who love them.
17yr olds mom Veronica

Scottsdale, AZ

#98 Jun 5, 2009
WebWeaver wrote:
Oh Veronica - I am so sorry you have to see such an idiotic, shallow post. You and your son are in my prayers. May the tears in our eyes reach out as a prayer for your Nicholas and all of those who have or are in the evil battle of addiction. And prayers for strength to the parents and family members who love them.
YES! thank you. people with addictions are no differant then over eateaters,smokers'nail bitters,work aholics etc.these people with there unknowledgable comments are assuming I sat back handed my son money and watched him get high! first off he had only used heroin two times. both of which he overdosed.the first time was caught and he was in icu.there were no signs of him using the day of his death.he woke uip early was filling out applications online for employment.no slurring no strange appearance.The strangest thing he had done3 that morning was he grabbed a large glass of orange juice instead of a soda.he was a good kid.he had his moments of bad decisions.as we ALL do.I know my son nicholas is with our father in heaven above.thank you again for your prayers.
17 yr olds mom Veronica

Scottsdale, AZ

#99 Jun 6, 2009
recession wrote:
tell the parents to cut back on there weekly allowance. the parents are at fault for not paying attention to the tell tale signs of drug user. if the parents dont give money, hey don't get drugs!!!
THIS has got to be the most idiotic statement I've heard!! do you live in a bubble? do you even have children?(hope to god you don't')so are you telling me you believe if you wouldn't had your child condoms...they wouldn't have sex?? you make me sad to think there are people like you that believe I would hand my son money not pay attention to any changes in his friends,attitude,habits,appear ance ETC.HELLO?? he is my son!I gave birth to him.I knew he was sick with a cold before he actually got sick.I could hear in his voice when something was wrong!a parent teaches there child. manners,to determine right from wrong,respect,consequences are parents wrong by letting there children have free will? GOSH, if god hadn't have given Adam and eve the tree of forbidden fruit we wouldn't have these kids and even adults overdosing.I can tell you I also know my son very well and after this happened he is extremely mad at himself!HE DID NOT WANT TO DIE! HE LOVED LIFE HIS FRIENDS FAMILY HOBBIES.HE MADE A BAD DECISION AND UNFORTUNATLEY it was a fatal one.the seriousness of heroin how its cut where it comes from and many other things these kids dont understand is what we need to be talking about! instead of pointing fingers at people when you have bitter ignorant things to say.keep your business to yourself and my sons name as well as mine out your mouth
17 yr olds mom Veronica

Scottsdale, AZ

#100 Jun 6, 2009
BETHEL BOB wrote:
"accidental heroin overdose, the state Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said this week."
dID HE FALL ON THE NEEDLE??????
Heres another one! wow are you all related? who said he injected it??? hmm that would be you! there are many ways to injest heroin.big mouth know it alls (YES IM REFERING TO YOU)have the stop watching so much television.you know bare minumal information on the death of my son.yet you have these details your commenting on that are false and never posted or said anyway???you related to miss chloe?keep up the good work capt nonothing!
Concerned

Brunswick, ME

#101 Jun 6, 2009
Veronica, Dear Person,

You shouldn't come here. You shouldn't post anymore. It is not healthy. It is not cathartic. Obviously you are hurt. The depth of that hurt we couldn't possibly understand. But this is the internet. Although the internet does many good things, it also leads to some bad situations. Chat boards are no substitute for real counseling. Please dear person, seek out a therapist. Or I sense your admiration of God, seek out a priest. Talk to someone in person. Not the this anonymous underbelly of human nature.

Peace to you.
Me Too

New Milford, CT

#102 Jun 6, 2009
17 yr olds mom Veronica wrote:
<quoted text>Heres another one! wow are you all related? who said he injected it??? hmm that would be you! there are many ways to injest heroin.big mouth know it alls (YES IM REFERING TO YOU)have the stop watching so much television.you know bare minumal information on the death of my son.yet you have these details your commenting on that are false and never posted or said anyway???you related to miss chloe?keep up the good work capt nonothing!
I'm sorry for your loss. I too am the mother of an addict. Heroin for about 3 years now. There is not the help out there some people believe there is.Detox is only for a few days. And if the addict is not insured they are kicked back out on the streets. Literally. Should your insurance run out in the middle of your rehab stay. You are kicked out also. My child was thrown out of a state funded hopital with nowhere to go. And told they would drop her off at a shelter. All because her birth certificate was in the mail and did not reach them in time. These programs are a joke. It's all about money. Trust me noone cares.
Michelle Anderson

Tempe, AZ

#103 Jun 6, 2009
For my last comment- I realize cussing some out is not helpful,and certainly offensive- BUT I AM OFFENDED!!!
because, my friend- Veronica(and yes that would be this teens mother) and I ran across this site just looking up the article to show me, as I live in AZ..
AND to sit next to her as she scanned down on all the comments made ABOUT HER SON-who she desperately loves, and misses- HER VERY FIRST BORN! and seeks answers as to why's, among many,many other other questions in her head no one even considers until they are faced with death...no matter what the cause of death was...
My point is....ALL THE BLAMING,RUDE,HEARTLESS COMMENTS MADE HERE ARE PATHETIC!! AND YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES FOR POINTING THE FINGER AT SOMEONE- ABOUT SOMETHING ALMOST- ALL OF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT....
THERE IS NO MAGIC CURE! if there was then why are so many lost? addiction is not something we say as a child we want to battle when we grow up...
nor does it discriminate- and so- even if you are all the picture perfect-or Godly parents- WHO BELIEVE THEY COMMUNICATE WITH THERE TEENS WELL...do not count it- it is a lot of times the over baring-over protective parents that have no idea it is happening under there nose..
THESE POSTS ALL SHOULD BE POSITIVE_ TO REACH OUT TO HELP AND LEARN ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON SO WE CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO STOP IT- FROM spreading on..
Please stop with the judgmental comments on my friend...I can not stand to see her cry.esp, over ignorant people like #96and #100 among a few..
go look in the mirror you must hate you....post ur email...maybe we can talk if you have to say such nasty things...DO NOT POST YOUR CRAP HERE AGAIN...
MY FRIEND DOES NOT DESERVE IT....oh yes ask God- to forgive you.
as for me- email me with your stupid thoughts leave them off here Michellemyahbell@aol.com...
let this boy rest in peace stay off this post!!!!
only god can judge me

United States

#104 Nov 11, 2012
RIP Nicholas David Gladstone.love mom Devon & Shaunny.
wholly committed

Naugatuck, CT

#105 Nov 12, 2012
Yeah, man shooting anything is a dangerous ledge to traverse. Once you're reached a place where you're wiling to stick a needle in your vein to get in you you're probably wholly committed.
AVA_AVA_AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#106 Nov 12, 2012
Wow I guess it gives some people pleasure to insult a family and their dead child.Put yourself in that family's place Poeple are quite cruel until it happens in their family.I sincerely hope it never does.I wish the family of this young boy Peace.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#107 Nov 12, 2012
Very true, Ava.
wholly committed

Naugatuck, CT

#108 Nov 12, 2012
But NOBODY stops until they're ready. Well unless circumstance stop them;availability, arrest/jail death... It's a dangerous edge they walk , that's for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 4 hr Here Is One 10,314
Connecticut's religiously intolerant history, P... (Nov '13) Fri RevKen 5
Newtown Business Spotlight: Persnickety Promotions Fri Lou 1
Derby couple with pizza-making past open new jo... Fri Tom 5
Marc Rich, 'King of Oil', laid to rest in quiet... (Jun '13) Aug 27 tom paine 9
Local Wife, Husband Team Specialize in Monroe R... Aug 27 Over taxed 1
Newtown Music Forum: All You Need Is Love (Dec '12) Aug 23 Musikologist 16
•••

Monroe News Video

•••
•••

Monroe Jobs

•••