Youth Pastor Arrested For Allegedly M...

Youth Pastor Arrested For Allegedly Molesting Four Children

There are 87 comments on the WEHT-TV Evansville story from Jul 10, 2008, titled Youth Pastor Arrested For Allegedly Molesting Four Children. In it, WEHT-TV Evansville reports that:

A youth pastor in Pike County is facing four counts of child molestation. Pike County Prosecutor Darrin McDonald tells NEWS 25, Roy Selby molested three girls & a boy dating back to 2000.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WEHT-TV Evansville.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
LaDeeDa

Ashburn, VA

#1 Aug 28, 2008
No comments on this one?
brenda riley

Lexington, KY

#2 Aug 31, 2008
I know you are innocent until proven guilty and I can only pray that the pastor is innocent.We sent our daughter to his church for at least 2 years and then she stopped going we have asked her if anything happined while she was going to church and she assures us it didn't. my prayers are with the childern and also pastor Selby
korie uppencamp

United States

#3 Sep 4, 2008
I know Roy Selby, and i know he is inocent. I went to that church as well and i have stayed the night at his home , and nothing happened. This is just what happpens when people get mad at others. People are taking this to far. My step-dad is in jail for the same thing and its not true. People need to get lifes.
Back in Wynne

Maumelle, AR

#4 Nov 5, 2008
Does anyone know what happened to Roy? Last I heard he was picked up and in Pike Co. Jail. Is there anything new?
okk

United States

#5 Mar 4, 2010
How do you guys feel about Roy now?
DGuy

Columbus, IN

#6 Mar 4, 2010
HA, He lived across the street from me. That guy, I always thought he was a creeper. just goes to show you that pike county is just as messed up as everyone knows.
okk

United States

#7 Mar 4, 2010
I heard he will do 30 to 40 years in the pin!
brenda riley

AOL

#8 Mar 5, 2010
could someone update me on this case? i moved to ky and so i don't know if the pastor was innocent or not.
okk

United States

#9 Mar 7, 2010
He is guilty as hell! 30 to 40 years in prison!
Corinna Robling

Evansville, IN

#10 Mar 8, 2010
The man is a manipulator..He fooled his church, his followers, his family. He is a sick and twisted man who diserves every min. of jail time given (if not more). Anyone who does not think or believe he is guilty certaintly is still deceived! Wake up and smell the prison sentence and take off those blinders your wearing! He is a child preditor and he needs to pay for every ounce of hurt he has inflected on his victims and their families. Parents dont trust anyone with your children...I know you think they are safe at church,and most times they are, but you just never know. Rot in hell Roy Selby you SOB
PJL

Ashburn, VA

#11 Mar 8, 2010
I hope the judge that sentance this man would talk to the judge and ask how he now feels that he only gave the man in Calif. 5 years and was even told he would only bring harm if was freed. Now parents of a lovely teen will never see her smile again and maybe even a second teen whos body that was found may be one of his victim. It is proven over and over you can not cure these sex predators.
ksdowe

Wilmington, DE

#12 Mar 10, 2010
he is going to rot in hell and in prison. He is going to jail for a long hell of a time. People that say he is not guilty is full of shit. He only messed with kids who he though he would trust. Roy told people that he has done it so whoever says he is not guilty needs to get the facts straight before you go off running your mouths. He don't know how much he has hurt the kids he has messed with. He has messed there life up for awhile and its not going to be normal for awhile that is. korie is just mad because her step dad was guilty also and so is roy. SO PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING HE IS NOT GUILTY NEEDS TO THINK AGAIN AND STOP TALKING SHIT. thanks
ksdowe

Wilmington, DE

#13 Mar 10, 2010
korie uppencamp wrote:
I know Roy Selby, and i know he is inocent. I went to that church as well and i have stayed the night at his home , and nothing happened. This is just what happpens when people get mad at others. People are taking this to far. My step-dad is in jail for the same thing and its not true. People need to get lifes.
Your full of shit you dont know any of the facts at all you just think you do. he told people that he did di it so get the facts straight before you run your mouth
shaleyjenkins

Petersburg, IN

#14 Mar 12, 2010
For the people who say Roy Selby is innocent, you guys are dumbasses. A. roy was a creepster. B. He told people he did it, and had fantasies about it. C. It happened to me. When a fourty year old man sticks his hands down an 7 or 8 year olds pants,thats wrong in like 534534 different ways. Obviously you guys who say "you knew roy" didn't really know him. because face it, it happened. His sentencing is on April 5th, and he'll probably get around 40 years. Plus, he has three more cases to deal with. So you guys who have child molestation fetishes, say goodbye to mistaa selby, because he's screwwedddd.:):):)
Terra May

Petersburg, IN

#15 Mar 12, 2010
You people have no idea, you are completely clueless on what has went on behind closed doors. If you believe he is innocent,I can honestly say, you need to open your eyes, and look at the facts. People are getting misled into believing pathetic lies, or they just believe what they want. People are sick, he is a predator, not a pastor. He is not a normal human being. He is a very sick man, who is paying time in prison, for his sick actions. He won't get knocked down a couple levels from heaven, he is going to hell, not only for what he has done, but for lying about it the whole damn time. So whoever believes he is innocent. I feel sorry for you. It hasn't just happened to those four, it has happened to over 18 who has came forward. it is what makes Pike county Pike county, with people like you. Thank you for supporting a predator, and not the victims.
Samira Loges

Wilmington, DE

#16 Mar 12, 2010
I wanted to say thank you for everyone that has been there for us it means everything. I don't get how people say he is innocent.. Roy had many different sides he had the youth pastor side, the good guy, and the predator. He has messed with our lives more tha nwhat people think. I bothers me when people would side with a molestor and not with the victims. You guys never did once come ask if we was okk or if we needed to pray.. maybe if you did then i would still believe in god like i did. I know it is 110% true because he didn't just mess with me he messed with my two best friends. he will get whats coming for him. He told people that he did do it do stop siding with his side and open your eyes to the truth and maybe thenn you guys will be real christans but untell then you guys will never be right. I hope after hearing what we have to say you guys will open your eyes and notice that Roy Selby is a child molester. It wasn't just us four there was alot more more than 18. There is still people coming up to me and saying that hes dont it to them to they just dont wanna talk about it because they are scared. How do you think they feel that a 48 year old wanted to mess with them or look in on them in the bathroom or even worst. Please open your eyes and can see that we are not lying its the truth. He was found guilty on the class a and the class C. There is still more casses that still have to be done. For you guys i will be there for you every step of the way liek you was for me. I love you guys remember that. No matter what he will rot in prison for the rest of his life.. He was found guilty and he is guilty..
Jamila Shalabi

Wilmington, DE

#17 Mar 15, 2010
for one..no steve was not innocent..he is just as sick and twisted minded as roy is..he even admited that he messed with me and tina came up with all these other situations that it could have been...the whole family is sick for standing beside him and supporting him the way they have been..and harrasing me because you think im lying? way to go parents and fellow supporters of pedifiles!!! you have won the sick minded and confused way of life award. roy didnt get what he disserved..he disserves to be dead in a ditch somewhere for putting these kids through the hell he has..and steve..only 5 years?? wow and gettin out when hes done 2 1/2 for good behavior..so i guess screwing someones life up and messing with minors is good behavior..they are wrong and so are the supporters standing beside the sick bastards. i hope they both rot in hell for the shit they are putting us and other people through..and tina is standing beside him still? when she has been cheating on him with brian shover?? haha twisted world out there..congrats guys..u all are winners in satans eyes.
Piker

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Mar 16, 2010
Roy is a pervert. He deserves 50 years in prison. He could have been put away eariler. Steve McFarland testified at trial he knew Roy was peeping at kids through the bathroom wall in 2006. Roy was arrested in 2008. What did McFarland do to protect those kids? Why did he not report it?
John_Kokomo

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Mar 16, 2010
I heard all the family knew he was a pervert for years but did not tell no one. Waz up wit dat? Those poor girls!
Cynthia

Waltham, MA

#20 Mar 16, 2010
Listen idiots! Maybe he didn't believe that Roy was doing that like a lot of the people at Gospel center John Kokomo and Piker. John you're so brave you use an anonamous name. I read you're letter to people at the Gospel Center. You have so much to say why don't you use your real name. Church is filled with liars led by the father of liars. That's why your church is split... all the christians left. So why don't you come to the picket Thursday night. We'd love to talk to you and give you the real story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Derek King won't get Crystal back his c$ck is w... Sun Shedonesukedme 4
Howard Canady Sun watcher 1
Who was the GI Posse members etc Sun Frame 4
News $25,000 worth of marijuana found during traffic... (Sep '16) Sep 13 I had a beer 19
Poll Would a skate park really benefit Bicknell's yo... (Oct '10) Sep 9 Marinda 4
Phill Waggoner going to get out Sep 7 Pain et 3
Desiree Kendall Sep 7 Anonymous 4

Monroe City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monroe City Mortgages