qclab

Seymour, IN

#1 May 24, 2013
I thought you would like this story from TheBlaze.com A group of thugs figured it would be easy to overpower one Kansas City woman. After all, her husband had just left to run an errand, leaving her all alone in the home. They couldn't have been more wrong. The woman, later identified as Shirley Roberts, 52,...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/24/gr...
mps

Anonymous Proxy

#2 May 24, 2013
i thought you would like this story from reality.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20100204/Gun...

"Guns at Home Increase Dangers, Not Safety
Based on a review of the available scientific data, Dr. Lippmann and co-authors conclude that the dangers of having a gun at home far outweigh the safety benefits. Research shows that access to guns greatly increases the risk of death and firearm-related violence. A gun in the home is twelve times more likely to result in the death of a household member or visitor than an intruder."

so for every one of these stories you have i have 12 to dispute it. at least 12 cause your assuming the woman was gonna get die or at least get shot if she didnt have a gun. i wont speculate but my guess would be her chances of getting shot was higher when she shot at them than if she didnt have a gun. whos knows lets just shoot everyone who jiggles the door knob just to make sure yeah!

had to make fun of my sunglasses... didnt you!
qclab

Seymour, IN

#3 May 25, 2013
A Houston resident was walking home from a nightclub early on the morning of May 18th when he was approached by 4 or 5 armed individuals. Based on the news report, it is unclear if their motivation was robbery or another reason, but the men opened fire on the resident.
The resident, who was also armed with a concealed handgun fought back, opening fire on the group of armed suspects. It has been confirmed he hit at least 2 of the subjects, killing one of them. The second suspect turned up at an area hospital a short time later. Police say a third suspect may have also been wounded.
The victim was also wounded, being shot once in the back, but his injuries are reported as being relatively minor and he was released from the hospital shortly after receiving treatment.
Police say there could be as many as 3 of the suspects still on the street. The wounded suspect will be charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon..........

I think we both can go on about the good and the bad.just remember crime rate been going down and that's a damn good thing..and the danger in side your home all depends on how you live...
mr mps

Carlisle, IN

#4 May 25, 2013
well mr qc lab. my whole debate has been gun violence. overall violence might have leveled off but going down is a strong word! like being on a flight of stairs with 10,000 steps and taking 20 steps down and saying its going down! its pick your poison i guess. its like 8500 to 80 (estimated) with homicides compared to the uk. they might have more drug arrests and burglaries so which is the lesser of two evils? homicide might not be at an alltime high but its not at an alltime low either. here, heres something for ya. they are improving the safety of vehicles and implementing seatbelt laws and ever since vehicle deaths are going down. now i dont believe in having to forcibly wear a seatbelt in a free country but i do. just cause tickets suck so we have something in common there. same kinda logic. what are we doing to make guns safer?! nothing cause people are filing lawsuits all over the country to keep their weapons even if a new law passes! thats one step forward and two steps back ideology! noones wants to give an inch. not even with magazines! gun deaths is gonna surpass car accident deaths and its never gonna look back, its gonna keep on goin!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/gun-death...
qclab

Seymour, IN

#5 May 25, 2013
Guns been around for quit a long time. Pioneer days if you didn't have a gun you weren't able to hunt or to protect your self. British once tried taken our guns cause we too had the same firepower as they. So who is more scared us or they? Why should I let lawmakers decide how to protect myself. Accidents happen we know this. Its called " Murphy's law".
mr mps

Carlisle, IN

#6 May 25, 2013
weve survived as a species without guns! you're thinking is like that spoiled kids that think they cant live without pop! until a natural disaster happens and then they are Happy to have water. im gonna have to enlist earl pitts to help me wake up america! isnt murphys law the one that says that anything bad that can happen will happen!? i dont think thats real! thats like blaming the devil everytime you rub one out. id like to think rather that accidents are caused by percentages and circumstances.
qclab

Seymour, IN

#7 May 26, 2013
so you compare guns and pop and with water with life? Either your saying assault rifle is being an up grade as pop cause water been around a long time just as guns. I think our water is being poison.
mr mps

Carlisle, IN

#8 May 26, 2013
pop isnt an uprade, people would just rather have pop. we are born to drink water, we werent born to shoot eachother. our bodies are built to withstand some blunt damage but not much piercing. was just using a metaphor to show differences between wants and needs.
qclab

Seymour, IN

#9 May 26, 2013
Note: Admiral Yamamoto who crafted the attack on Pearl
Harbor had attended Harvard University 1919-1921 & was Naval Attaché
to the U. S. 1925-28. Most of our Navy was destroyed at Pearl Harbor and
our Army had been deprived of funding and was ill prepared to defend the
country.

It was reported that when asked why Japan did not follow
up the Pearl Harbor attack with an invasion of the U. S. Mainland, his
reply was that he had lived in the U. S. and knew that almost all
households had guns.
mr mps

Carlisle, IN

#10 May 27, 2013
hawaii is totally different than mainland us. they had no chance to invade the u.s. it was just a sneaky strategic move. more like a sucker punch that they would end up paying for dearly. it was easier to sneak up on hawaii back then but not in todays world. trained armies dont really worry about civilian resistance. they need to stop making movies like red dawn cause people arent gonna get in our air space and if that many planes do, that means the war is over anyway!
qclab

Frankton, IN

#11 May 27, 2013
of course japan didn't want to invade Hawaii they just wanted to cripple our navy as they did. Now our mainland like where we live. they knew almost every house hold had a gun. Now you say train armies don't worry about civilian resistance? what do you think happened on 1776?( in our country)middle east where Rebel fighters fighting our army? We scared there army off. Last time I checked Obama had to use another strategy its called "siege" Look what happen to in Syria they were calling the rebels the resistance they won..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monroe City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knox County DCS 12 hr Worthless CPS 1
C&G Drycleaners 13 hr Pissssssed 1
ISP leads investigation in Bicknell murder suic... Mon Oops 3
Second Knox County community to consider income... Mon Oops 1
Monica Clayton (Sep '13) Sep 15 Interested Party 4
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Sep 9 America Lover 96
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 1,302
•••
•••
Monroe City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monroe City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monroe City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE