TRANSFIGURATION&ST.ANTHONYS supposed ...
UrKiddin

Pittsburgh, PA

#343 Jul 18, 2011
Pat PolecheckerSr Barbara wrote:
Two more years of senseless B.S!Even though I must respect father Bob because he is a representative of Christ at the alter.Father Bob from day one I knew you were sent here to clean up the messes at the church and go with the flow but as a person you have let certain people of our church down !By washing your hands of certain situations left by our former priest and a couple of his cronies!May GOD forgive me but I'm glad you are leaveing!Even though we have another two years of playing the waiting game.Good bye Father and GOD bless!
Sounds like you wouldn't be happy if the Pope himself came to Monongahela!
Red

Pittsburgh, PA

#344 Jul 19, 2011
Just made some great corn on the cob on the grill.
Putz

Pittsburgh, PA

#345 Jul 19, 2011
Red wrote:
Just made some great corn on the cob on the grill.
Where did you get the corn on the cob? Mine never turns out good on the grill.
tina

United States

#346 Jul 27, 2011
Here is what I would have done. Name the parish st anthony instead of the hawiann guy. Keep the st anthony picnic ground. Keep one church open. The transfig bldg. Leave bob or george to run it. Now there is compromiseand a better name than damian of molawhatever.
Parish member

Charleroi, PA

#347 Aug 1, 2011
How sad. The "Church" is made up of the people who join together to give praise and worship to God. I don't suppose that Jesus would care if we worshipped at either "building" as long as we are committed to his message AND example of love and acceptance. It's a good thing that the Good Samaratin didn't judge others according to the differences in people. We have the opportunity to make this merger a very positive experience for the Catholics in the Monongahela Area. See the loving Christ in each other.
A Story Teller

Monongahela, PA

#348 Aug 1, 2011
The time: l942. The Place: a small bombed out village somewhere in Europe. A priest, bereft of his village church wanders through the rubble looking for place to say mass. "Come to our church across the bridge, there is no altar but still a few pews. Ours is best." one says. "No, come to our church across the street, no pews but the altar still stands. Ours is best." says another.And the priest without moving and surveying the devastating rubble pulled out a small bell and began ringing it. And soon from broken homes and lives, people slowly gathered right where he stood. "We are now a Church. Your courage the pillars, your sorrows the altar, your hopes silent pews to rest on....let us begin."
Sammy

Charleroi, PA

#349 Aug 1, 2011
Parish member wrote:
How sad. The "Church" is made up of the people who join together to give praise and worship to God. I don't suppose that Jesus would care if we worshipped at either "building" as long as we are committed to his message AND example of love and acceptance. It's a good thing that the Good Samaratin didn't judge others according to the differences in people. We have the opportunity to make this merger a very positive experience for the Catholics in the Monongahela Area. See the loving Christ in each other.

I agree, but the bishop's decisions are not consistent with your statement. By leaving the building issue open for 24 months creates further animosity and anxiety. I fault noone in Monongahela but the diocese is another issue. I hope and believe the building issue will be a non issue but we all know there are too many who tie their faith to bricks and mortar. Myself I could care less where we go. Hope for the best.
Rene

Mckeesport, PA

#350 Aug 3, 2011
tina wrote:
Here is what I would have done. Name the parish st anthony instead of the hawiann guy. Keep the st anthony picnic ground. Keep one church open. The transfig bldg. Leave bob or george to run it. Now there is compromiseand a better name than damian of molawhatever.
Hey Tina what have you been sniffing.Do not make fun of the name of one of our holiest saints!St Damian of Molokai is a saint who took care of lepers when no one else wanted to.As for the names of the two churches we have now it's not feasible to keep either name because of the bitterness,hatred that many have for each other!Now that I think of it the best solution to shut up the ignorant ones in both churches would have been for the Bishop to have closed both churches!That way if you are true christians you would have to go somewhere else!
SisterSoulja

Pittsburgh, PA

#351 Aug 3, 2011
Rene wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Tina what have you been sniffing.Do not make fun of the name of one of our holiest saints!St Damian of Molokai is a saint who took care of lepers when no one else wanted to.As for the names of the two churches we have now it's not feasible to keep either name because of the bitterness,hatred that many have for each other!Now that I think of it the best solution to shut up the ignorant ones in both churches would have been for the Bishop to have closed both churches!That way if you are true christians you would have to go somewhere else!
Wow..that comment was mighty Christian of you!
Sammy

Charleroi, PA

#352 Aug 4, 2011
Rene wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Tina what have you been sniffing.Do not make fun of the name of one of our holiest saints!St Damian of Molokai is a saint who took care of lepers when no one else wanted to.As for the names of the two churches we have now it's not feasible to keep either name because of the bitterness,hatred that many have for each other!Now that I think of it the best solution to shut up the ignorant ones in both churches would have been for the Bishop to have closed both churches!That way if you are true christians you would have to go somewhere else!
Calling him a Hawiian guy is not making fun of him. Opinions have not been made a crime yet. Too many tie their faith to bricks and mortar. Close them both for spite of the ignorant? Obviously a Christian solution. Stick to your day job!!!

Since: Jul 11

Monongahela, PA

#353 Aug 5, 2011
What the community needs to take into consideration there is a baby boom happening at present. It would be awful to close St. Anthony school then need the space 3 years from now when the babies that are being born now need to enter school. Some do not do long range planning.
lulu

Monongahela, PA

#354 Aug 5, 2011
Spite is not a virtue; neither is revenge. There is no shame in being "ignorant".(The apostles were about as "ignorant" as they come. It took some time for them to understand.) If we could figure out how to deal with CLOSE-MINDED people,a very different breed,then we might be on the road to peace which is everyone's job - day and night.
Bucky

New Castle, PA

#355 Aug 7, 2011
We sure needed that much needed rain yesterday....
Broke

Pittsburgh, PA

#356 Aug 7, 2011
Bucky wrote:
We sure needed that much needed rain yesterday....
So..How did you enjoy your first much needed shower in years?
tina

United States

#357 Aug 15, 2011
2 church buildings or the school? All will not survive.
SisterSoulja

Irwin, PA

#358 Aug 15, 2011
tina wrote:
2 church buildings or the school? All will not survive.
As long as one survives, there will be a place to worship.
Fred

Charleroi, PA

#359 Aug 15, 2011
Hope the school is not sacrificed to keep to church buildings.
Fred

Charleroi, PA

#360 Aug 15, 2011
"two" not to
outsider

United States

#361 Aug 25, 2011
People of monongahela are blind. Had they worked together to begin with they would be in better condition. It is not between the two buildings it is how long until there is one church for 3 towns. If monongahela wants to keep a church here is the formula. Go to one building save the school and save lots of money. Otherwise you will be blind sided.
FatherTime

West Mifflin, PA

#362 Aug 25, 2011
outsider wrote:
People of monongahela are blind. Had they worked together to begin with they would be in better condition. It is not between the two buildings it is how long until there is one church for 3 towns. If monongahela wants to keep a church here is the formula. Go to one building save the school and save lots of money. Otherwise you will be blind sided.
I agree with you..but both buildings have schools'.. which would probably present a little more anomosity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monongahela Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zubik, the Vatican, unkind to St. Anthonya s (Apr '14) 4 hr BaBoon 5
GoD has been kicked out of the Ringgold School ... 4 hr BaBoon 27
Cruz Delegates must be removed Vote Trump Apr 18 Trump girl 1
Code enforcer in monongahela !! (Aug '13) Apr 17 Bob the Builder 19
Write Your State Representative to BAN Loud Mot... (May '11) Apr 16 Mixe well 112
News Monessen Middle School Students Given 'Fifty Sh... (Feb '15) Apr 15 Toby 48
Abortion should be punished Apr 9 Life 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monongahela Mortgages