First Prev
of 3
Next Last
guest

Belle Vernon, PA

#1 Oct 30, 2010
We live in Monongahela and had 360 kids at our house before 7:30 when we had to turn out our lights. I do not have a problem in fact my husband and I both love to see the LITTLE kids. The problem this year was that over half of the kids were older teenagers not even dressed for halloween. We even had some kids that we know for a fact are already out of school. I think that they should put a age limit on who is out trick or treating. Some of the parents who were at our house around 7 with there small children said that most of the people on 4th street were already out of candy.
Resident

Tarentum, PA

#2 Oct 31, 2010
So who twisted your arm and made you hand out treats for those you are complaning about?

Otherwise I thought it was fantastic evening.

Put up a sign, no costume on treat, 12 and under only.
guest

Belle Vernon, PA

#3 Oct 31, 2010
No one twisted my arm. We did it to be polite. The only reason I said anything is because a lot of people cant afford to give out that much candy and they also feel bad when they run out. At least I know how to spell.
Valley Neighbor

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Oct 31, 2010
I dont care how old you are. If you have enuff nerve to put on a costume and knock on my door for a piece of candy then you get it. I am on a limited income but I see no harm in teens and younger going out for candy. Would you rather they loiter on the streets or destroy property????
Resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Nov 1, 2010
And you say you are polite?

Vote Democrat too, get more of the same -- those looking for a handout, get use to it.
Resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Nov 1, 2010
I don't think I know anyone who is on an UNlimited income.
Rotting Reagan

Mckeesport, PA

#7 Nov 5, 2010
Resident wrote:
I don't think I know anyone who is on an UNlimited income.
LOL
Rotting Reagan

Mckeesport, PA

#8 Nov 5, 2010
guest wrote:
We live in Monongahela and had 360 kids at our house before 7:30 when we had to turn out our lights. I do not have a problem in fact my husband and I both love to see the LITTLE kids. The problem this year was that over half of the kids were older teenagers not even dressed for halloween. We even had some kids that we know for a fact are already out of school. I think that they should put a age limit on who is out trick or treating. Some of the parents who were at our house around 7 with there small children said that most of the people on 4th street were already out of candy.
Next year, put out a "Kennywood" sign -- "You must not be taller than this to get candy."

Or, have two different kinds of treats - good candy (Snickers, Reeses, etc.) for the little kids, and crappy chemical-laden candy from China for those that are overage or with no costume. Or throw a sandwich bag full of green beans or dried beans in with the bigger kids. If everyone did this, the bigger kids will eventually give up.
Concern

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Nov 7, 2010
I agree with Rotting Reagan. I live on 4th Street and by 7:10 we gave out over 400 treats, I love seeing all the kids having fun but when they come in groups of 20 it is hard to enjoy each one. It starts to become a parade and I am the only one participating in prizes. A lot of my neighbors do not stay home that night because it's so crazy. Something needs to be done about the time, I think less big kids would come if it was during the day and only for 1 hour. I can't afford this much longer.
Geez

Irwin, PA

#10 Nov 7, 2010
Look all you numb skulls. When you are out of candy either leave all your lights out or leave the house.
Resident

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Nov 9, 2010
And if few showed, they would be complaining about the leftovers.
Monongahela resident

United States

#12 Oct 28, 2012
I think Monongahela and the neighboring communities should have trick or treating on the same day and time. This would cut down on the number of trick or treaters.
Boo-who

Ardsley, NY

#13 Oct 28, 2012
This has gone too far. Are you kidding me? Complaining about passing out to much candy give me a break. Can't afford it once a year for children. My God you people have issues. Start today and put away a dime a week and by next year you'll have enough to buy a big bag of Tootsie rolls and pass one out to each kid with some to spare. If you can't afford ten cents a week contact me ill help u out.
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/107850/...
Casper

Greensburg, PA

#14 Oct 29, 2012
guest wrote:
We live in Monongahela and had 360 kids at our house before 7:30 when we had to turn out our lights. I do not have a problem in fact my husband and I both love to see the LITTLE kids. The problem this year was that over half of the kids were older teenagers not even dressed for halloween. We even had some kids that we know for a fact are already out of school. I think that they should put a age limit on who is out trick or treating. Some of the parents who were at our house around 7 with there small children said that most of the people on 4th street were already out of candy.
Everybody has to bitch about something.. Choose your battles wisely, this isn't one of them!
MaMouse

Greensburg, PA

#15 Oct 29, 2012
Resident wrote:
I don't think I know anyone who is on an UNlimited income.
...Mitt Romney is.
The Babysitter

Beaver, PA

#16 Oct 30, 2012
Too bad the Pied Piper doesn't live here!
wow

Monessen, PA

#17 Oct 30, 2012
I watched car loads full of kids and teens and parents with monessen greyhound stickers on the vehicles park at a local business and get out and start trick or treating, at least four cars full and that is just one instance. So for the person complaining I agree with you and for the person with tons of money for candy, contact your local food bank smart a..
Boo-who

Ardsley, NY

#18 Oct 30, 2012
wow wrote:
I watched car loads full of kids and teens and parents with monessen greyhound stickers on the vehicles park at a local business and get out and start trick or treating, at least four cars full and that is just one instance. So for the person complaining I agree with you and for the person with tons of money for candy, contact your local food bank smart a..
If ten cents a week is tons of money well then I guess I deserve to be called an a.. If willing to help people who can't afford ten cents a week is wrong well then I guess I deserve to be called an a.. if kids want to come to my hometown to have a sense of security or just want to hustle to make as much candy as they can good for them. It shows that they are willing to work for what they want and gets them out instead of playing video games. I would call you an a.. but it seems like you've allready made that name for yourself.
wow

Monessen, PA

#19 Oct 31, 2012
buy me some candy for ten cents and support out of town trick or treat.
Boo-who

Ardsley, NY

#20 Oct 31, 2012
Berate me all you wish for supporting ALL children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monongahela Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abortion should be punished 12 min tired of you babi... 2
She's a BITCH 18 min tired of you babi... 2
GoD has been kicked out of the Ringgold School ... Jun 16 Bigger Queen Bee 31
News Charleroi schools obtain grants, check water qu... Jun 15 Dime Droppers Inc 2
Write Your State Representative to BAN Loud Mot... (May '11) Jun 15 ThisIsMe 116
News Should chickens be allowed to roost in Monongah... May 27 NewSherriffInTown 2
Code enforcer in monongahela !! (Aug '13) May 27 Ch33securls 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monongahela Mortgages