Ringgold shifting students in new pla...

Ringgold shifting students in new plan to replace middle school

There are 155 comments on the O-R Online story from Jun 13, 2012, titled Ringgold shifting students in new plan to replace middle school. In it, O-R Online reports that:

Ringgold School Board announced a new plan Wednesday for the reconfiguration of school buildings to replace the current Ringgold Middle School in Finleyville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at O-R Online.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Tom

Charleroi, PA

#143 Sep 24, 2012
Cyber school may be adequate academically but does not prepare children for the real world. In the real world here are bullies, jerks and people who do not play by the rules. It is best to learn to deal with these situations then hide from them.
Sick and tired

Belle Vernon, PA

#144 Sep 24, 2012
Tom wrote:
Cyber school may be adequate academically but does not prepare children for the real world. In the real world here are bullies, jerks and people who do not play by the rules. It is best to learn to deal with these situations then hide from them.
Yes but when the problem is the school itself (from the top down) then that's a big problem. I feel I shouldn't be paying the large sums of money that I pay in taxes and then also have to put up with abominable treatment at the hands of people who should know better.
Sick and tired

Belle Vernon, PA

#145 Sep 24, 2012
MaMouse wrote:
<quoted text>..Maybe you should consider a law suit.
I'm looking into it. Thanks for the advice.
Sick of Tired

Pittsburgh, PA

#146 Sep 24, 2012
Sick and tired wrote:
<quoted text>Yes but when the problem is the school itself (from the top down) then that's a big problem. I feel I shouldn't be paying the large sums of money that I pay in taxes and then also have to put up with abominable treatment at the hands of people who should know better.
I feel I should not be paying large sums of money for the taxes when I chose to send my kids to private school, the elderly who never had any children are tired of paying large sums of money for the taxes. Everyone is in the same boat when it comes to the taxes. You say that you and your children are much happier now that they are enrolled in cyber school.... you still seem unhappy to me. Time to move on, dontcha think?
Sick and tired

Belle Vernon, PA

#147 Sep 24, 2012
Sick of Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel I should not be paying large sums of money for the taxes when I chose to send my kids to private school, the elderly who never had any children are tired of paying large sums of money for the taxes. Everyone is in the same boat when it comes to the taxes. You say that you and your children are much happier now that they are enrolled in cyber school.... you still seem unhappy to me. Time to move on, dontcha think?
I just started speaking out recently after holding back till I got everything in place. It is my right and I feel my duty to speak out. If they had a school voucher program then you would be able to recoup your money to some degree. I have been pushing for that for years as that would give everyone true school choice and that is what we desperately need. The competition would be good for everyone. I feel bad for anyone and everyone that has to pay these outrageous taxes particularly anyone on a fixed budget. The sad part is they(the taxes)just keep going up with very little to show for it.
dave

Brighton, MI

#148 Sep 25, 2012
Sick of Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
While I also feel the management is terrible and the results for should be better especially for this area I do not agree on the taxes. The school district affects even those who do not have kids in so many different ways. Plus there is a responsibility to provide an education to the village by the village. Therefore e eryone is responsible.
Sick of Tired

Pittsburgh, PA

#149 Sep 25, 2012
Sick and tired wrote:
<quoted text> I just started speaking out recently after holding back till I got everything in place. It is my right and I feel my duty to speak out. If they had a school voucher program then you would be able to recoup your money to some degree. I have been pushing for that for years as that would give everyone true school choice and that is what we desperately need. The competition would be good for everyone. I feel bad for anyone and everyone that has to pay these outrageous taxes particularly anyone on a fixed budget. The sad part is they(the taxes)just keep going up with very little to show for it.
If your main gripe is now the taxes, good luck with that. Two things one cannot excape in life..taxes and death.
Sick and tired

Belle Vernon, PA

#150 Sep 25, 2012
Sick of Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
If your main gripe is now the taxes, good luck with that. Two things one cannot excape in life..taxes and death.
My main gripe is not the taxes I was just responding to what you stated about the elderly being on a fixed income. We are certainly able to pay our taxes we just don't have enough fundage left over at the end of the day to be able to afford the likes of Madonna or Wilson which I would have preferred to send my children to. School vouchers would be a beautiful thing indeed.
Sick of Tired

Pittsburgh, PA

#151 Sep 25, 2012
Sick and tired wrote:
<quoted text>My main gripe is not the taxes I was just responding to what you stated about the elderly being on a fixed income. We are certainly able to pay our taxes we just don't have enough fundage left over at the end of the day to be able to afford the likes of Madonna or Wilson which I would have preferred to send my children to. School vouchers would be a beautiful thing indeed.
School vouchers would be a beautiful thing..I prayed for them when my oldest attended private school from preschool until graduation and still do for my second child. You may be pleasantly surprised to see what they have to offer in the way of financial aid. I took a second job, we cut back on alot of things..including limiting family vacations to only once every couple years. I'm not complaining, just merely suggesting it can be done. We did it and the sacrafice we made, If you want to call it that, is priceless!
dave

Brighton, MI

#152 Sep 26, 2012
Heres the thing. Ringgold is better than it is portrayed. However Ringgold should be a premier elite district. The areas it represents are nice and there is still a good tax base despite the efforts of the board to drive everyone out. The parents who dont care will always be around and the parents of the achievers will stay cause they will do well regardless. It is the ones in the middle that we talk more of moving or cyberstuff. The citizens of the area need to find educated people that understand education and get them on the board befote CS amd his loyal band of bandits set us back 100 years!!
Omar

Charleroi, PA

#153 Sep 26, 2012
Sick of Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
School vouchers would be a beautiful thing..I prayed for them when my oldest attended private school from preschool until graduation and still do for my second child. You may be pleasantly surprised to see what they have to offer in the way of financial aid. I took a second job, we cut back on alot of things..including limiting family vacations to only once every couple years. I'm not complaining, just merely suggesting it can be done. We did it and the sacrafice we made, If you want to call it that, is priceless!
I think that is great. For everything there is a cost though. The time that you give up with your family to earn the money, all the time fundraising or the vacations together have value as well.
Sick of Tired

Pittsburgh, PA

#154 Sep 26, 2012
Omar wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that is great. For everything there is a cost though. The time that you give up with your family to earn the money, all the time fundraising or the vacations together have value as well.
My second job was only part time evenings. My wife worked part time as well. No, it may not be for everyone but for us everything worked out fine, including the family time.
dUANE Wayne

Mckeesport, PA

#155 Sep 26, 2012
Dave this district is messed up because of the decisions made by this and previous boards! A big issue that no one is willing to talk about is the bag fulls of money wasted on athletics, mainly football! Did we really need what amounts to a division 2 college stadium,artificial turf and so on? H_ll no! How many other academic programs have suffered over the years because of athletics in general! Yet what amazes me for instance is RMS provides phys ed half the year to it's students when children these days are mostly couch potatoes and need as much exercise as they can get! If Legion field was good enough for us over many decades why did we need this wasteful boondoggle called Joe Montana Stadium? How about new books,computers and other educational materials to better prepare our children for the future! By the way did all this fancy football equipment,training facility and stadium help us beat TJ IN High school or Alumni football NO! Priorities people! Now it's too late this district is going to unravel sooner than later!
MaMouse

Pittsburgh, PA

#156 Sep 26, 2012
dUANE Wayne wrote:
Dave this district is messed up because of the decisions made by this and previous boards! A big issue that no one is willing to talk about is the bag fulls of money wasted on athletics, mainly football! Did we really need what amounts to a division 2 college stadium,artificial turf and so on? H_ll no! How many other academic programs have suffered over the years because of athletics in general! Yet what amazes me for instance is RMS provides phys ed half the year to it's students when children these days are mostly couch potatoes and need as much exercise as they can get! If Legion field was good enough for us over many decades why did we need this wasteful boondoggle called Joe Montana Stadium? How about new books,computers and other educational materials to better prepare our children for the future! By the way did all this fancy football equipment,training facility and stadium help us beat TJ IN High school or Alumni football NO! Priorities people! Now it's too late this district is going to unravel sooner than later!
.....Not to mention the repeated uneducated voters.

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Since: Feb 11

Mon Valley, Pa.

#157 Sep 28, 2012
A really nice gesture on the part of Washington Hospital. I wonder if Carrol Twp. or Ringgold S.D. get any like benefits from Mon Valley?

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/story11/0...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monongahela Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman escapes house fire in Monongahela, son di... 10 hr Money talks 2
News DEP to investigate Ten Mile Creek for radioacti... 22 hr CaCat 14
The FESTIVAL ST.Anthonys park Wed Not Likey 20
why did wtae cover that crazy guy from mon city? Jul 27 Uknowwhoitis 44
Ringgold School District Jul 17 Wally 13
News Pa. mom charged with baby's bathtub drowning (Sep '09) Jul 10 Your Fired 27
News 107-Year-Old Donora-Webster Bridge Imploded Jul 3 Joe White 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monongahela Mortgages