Do you think RMS is doing a good job ...

Do you think RMS is doing a good job of stopping bullying and harassment?

Created by Stop Bullies on Sep 17, 2012

31 votes

Click on an option to vote

NO!

MAYBE

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

yes if you live on fantasy island!

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BlackEyePea

New Castle, PA

#1 Sep 17, 2012
If I say yes..someone will accuse me of being bias. If I say no..someone will accuse me of being a bully.
MaMouse

New Castle, PA

#2 Sep 18, 2012
Umm..The the way the school board is conducting "business"..wonder if that would be considered bullying and harrassment?

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Since: Feb 11

Mon Valley, Pa.

#3 Sep 18, 2012
It most certainly would.
CaCat

New Castle, PA

#4 Sep 19, 2012
In my opinion (notice how I said opinion), parents need to take the responsibility and talk to there children about being a bully and being bullied, and I'm sure many do. Unfortunately, in some cases parents who bully create children who bully. I recently spoke to a parent of a child who was being bullied and she said she was told by a teacher that he is not a babysitter. Count on yourself to educate your children about bullying.

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Mon Valley, Pa.

#5 Sep 19, 2012
CaCat wrote:
In my opinion (notice how I said opinion), parents need to take the responsibility and talk to there children about being a bully and being bullied, and I'm sure many do. Unfortunately, in some cases parents who bully create children who bully. I recently spoke to a parent of a child who was being bullied and she said she was told by a teacher that he is not a babysitter. Count on yourself to educate your children about bullying.
Gotta agree 100%. Like helping with studies it's all part of parenting 101.
Toby

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Sep 19, 2012
It takes a caring person to be a great teacher. A teacher who would say to a parent I am not a babysitter when their child is being bullied is part of the problem. A teacher who doesn't care is a crappy teacher.
CaCat

New Castle, PA

#7 Sep 19, 2012
Toby wrote:
It takes a caring person to be a great teacher. A teacher who would say to a parent I am not a babysitter when their child is being bullied is part of the problem. A teacher who doesn't care is a crappy teacher.
Unfortunately the ones that care are outnumbered.
Gino Spumoni

Mckeesport, PA

#8 Sep 19, 2012
I say it starts in the home! If a child has a bully or is being bullied in the home no wonder these kids go to school and pull there crap on other kids! Plus some faculty don't give a damn one way or the other!

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Mon Valley, Pa.

#9 Sep 19, 2012
I have noticed over the years that instead of thinking about teaching as a vocation it is merely thought of as a job. Not by all, but by most. I did 1 thru 9 in a parochial school then switched to public for foot ball and wrestling. What a culture shock. That's when my parents stepped in and saved me from myself. I needed pushed in my studies or I would just coast and get along with minimum grades. Thank God for good parents.

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Mon Valley, Pa.

#10 Sep 19, 2012
Also with my attitude towards others.
Helga Patacki

New Castle, PA

#11 Sep 19, 2012
Gino Spumoni wrote:
I say it starts in the home! If a child has a bully or is being bullied in the home no wonder these kids go to school and pull there crap on other kids! Plus some faculty don't give a damn one way or the other!
..Exactly.
Goonis Trevor ino

Mckeesport, PA

#12 Sep 19, 2012
I went to both public and catholic schools and I found a few teachers in both schools that cared but most were cold,crude,rude and a couple of them said we could careless if you pass or fail cause either way we get paid at the end of the week.
Toby

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Sep 20, 2012
CaCat wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately the ones that care are outnumbered.
If the ones that care are outnumbered... the problem is in the school.
CaCat

New Castle, PA

#14 Sep 20, 2012
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>If the ones that care are outnumbered... the problem is in the school.
There are bullys everywhere..not just in the schools. There are also adult bullys that some may deal with in the workplace. You would like to think your children would be safe from the bullys while in school.Is it the the teachers job to keep your child safe while in school? I hope so. The best defense against bullying is to listen to your child and offer them the best possible solution.
Toby

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Sep 21, 2012
The topic is about bullying and harassing at RMS... not about bullies everywhere. If there are a bunch of uncaring teachers at this school, they are a huge part of the problem. Teachers are not paid to be uncaring, with bad morals or be the bully. Students need surrounded be professional teachers that would be able to not only give knowledge but give lessons of ethics too.
CaCat

New Castle, PA

#16 Sep 21, 2012
Toby wrote:
The topic is about bullying and harassing at RMS... not about bullies everywhere. If there are a bunch of uncaring teachers at this school, they are a huge part of the problem. Teachers are not paid to be uncaring, with bad morals or be the bully. Students need surrounded be professional teachers that would be able to not only give knowledge but give lessons of ethics too.
I know what the topic is about and I agree with you to a point...However, if a parent chooses to rely solely on the teachers to stop the bullying at RMS then they may be in for a shock! It's just the way it is. Parents need to monitor everything that goes on in their childs' life..at home, at school, or wherever.
Toby

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Sep 22, 2012
It is the responsibility of every adult at the school to monitor and provide a safe learning environment to each and every student. A teacher who doesn't care will lack classroom management skills, being ineffective or incompetent.
CaCat

New Castle, PA

#18 Sep 22, 2012
Toby wrote:
It is the responsibility of every adult at the school to monitor and provide a safe learning environment to each and every student. A teacher who doesn't care will lack classroom management skills, being ineffective or incompetent.
It is the responsibility of every adult at the school to monitor and provide a safe learning environment..most definately. Is any parent guaranteed of this..unfortunately not. There is no greater advocate for a childs' safety and well being than their parents. I realize a parent can't be in the school all day but you can consistantly be pro-active about the bullying policy.
Toby

Tarentum, PA

#19 Sep 23, 2012
Is any teacher guaranteed good parents... unfortunately not. However, good parents could have children who misbehave too. The attitude and behavior of the teacher will affect the students. In the classroom the teacher has the greatest impact (good or bad) on students.
CaCat

New Castle, PA

#20 Sep 23, 2012
Toby wrote:
Is any teacher guaranteed good parents... unfortunately not. However, good parents could have children who misbehave too. The attitude and behavior of the teacher will affect the students. In the classroom the teacher has the greatest impact (good or bad) on students.
This topic is not about good or bad parents...good or bad teachers, its' about bullying and I still stand by my belief that it is the parents responsibility to arm their children with as much love and support they can give when it comes to bullys. If the parent is a bully themselves then that is an issue that needs to be addressed by another source. If the teacher is a bully then that needs to be addressed by the administration. If a child is bullying another child then the parent needs to intervine..don't expect a teacher to do it, they may..more than likely may not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monongahela Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former church members and lawyer disgrace them... (Jan '17) Sep 19 Dis quested 6
News Man who sent Hannibal Lecter photo to judge to ... Sep 16 YouDidntBuildThat 6
Local Politics Do you approve of Robert (Bob) Kepics as Mayor? (Oct '11) Aug '17 tired of you babi... 49
News Woman sentenced in grant scam (Jul '07) Aug '17 jadedg17 6
Peace Out Aug '17 Peace Out 1
Garbage Jul '17 Paid my garbage bill 1
Western PA to be earthquake central from fracking Jul '17 Shaken 1

Monongahela Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monongahela Mortgages