CaCat

Ambridge, PA

#781 Mar 3, 2013
Bottom line, Ofcourse..Arguing over who puts what in their envelope and what they put on their envelope is as petty and childish as it gets. Don't you think?
BaBull

Mckeesport, PA

#782 Mar 3, 2013
dont give, problem solved!
confused

Pittsburgh, PA

#783 Mar 4, 2013
All churches that have members who get envelopes with names on them keep track of money. All of you have missed the point entirely. Everyone keeps saying that it's all about the money: YES it is! If the Preservation group did not picket with their money signs and do their envelope debacle, then money would not be an issue.

Trying to have a rational debate on this forum is a total waste of time. Fools will remain fools.
Don wrote:
Saint Anthonys did the same thing with the envelopes. They kept track of who gave and how much! I've said it before and I'll say it again, how much I give is between God and I! Not the neb noses at Saint Anthonys or the new parish of Saint Damiens and their neb noses!
Don

Charleroi, PA

#784 Mar 4, 2013
Hey confucious who made you judge,jury and executioner!!!!!!!!!! What I hated was some of the big mouths at Saint Anthonys would gossip about how much or little people gave and this was an insult as well as embarassing! Not everyone was loaded with money like certain families!
confused

Pittsburgh, PA

#785 Mar 4, 2013
Don, I apologize. I was agreeing with what you were saying. I'm sorry that it came across differently. My reply was meant to be in agreement. Sorry about the misundersanding.
Don wrote:
Hey confucious who made you judge,jury and executioner!!!!!!!!!! What I hated was some of the big mouths at Saint Anthonys would gossip about how much or little people gave and this was an insult as well as embarassing! Not everyone was loaded with money like certain families!
confused

Pittsburgh, PA

#786 Mar 4, 2013
It's completey petty. However, the Preservation group were the ones from the beginning who said "You will not get my money". How can this group now deny saying these things?
CaCat wrote:
Bottom line, Ofcourse..Arguing over who puts what in their envelope and what they put on their envelope is as petty and childish as it gets. Don't you think?
CaCat

Ambridge, PA

#787 Mar 4, 2013
confused wrote:
It's completey petty. However, the Preservation group were the ones from the beginning who said "You will not get my money". How can this group now deny saying these things?
<quoted text>
What money?..The money put in the envelopes?..The money parishoners' from Transfiguration say the parishoners' of St. Anthonys' owe for a bail out?..The money collected by the Preservation Group?.. Or whatever else you so-called practicing Catholics think you are owed? Where is it on this forum that "this group" is denying these things?
Wakeem

Pittsburgh, PA

#788 Mar 4, 2013
Does any of this really matter? Time to move ahead. Ultimately we will end up in one bldg that we will barely be able to support. Then some will leave angry. At that point we can refocus on faith instead of buildings then the healing and rebuilding of the faith community will begin. Everything else is just kicking the can down the road.
are you kidding me

Monongahela, PA

#789 Mar 4, 2013
i think i must have missed something ok i get the sign but wasn't it to make a point that if they didn't have at the least have a mass at the park ave site they didn't want to support another building and that's it . so now they have a mass and hopefully they now are supporting it. is this not true i see the weekly offerings ,so it is there so what's the problem or is someone saying that these people are not giving. about the tracking people this was just my opinion who cares how the money is given if you want to use it for tax reasons ok but if you don't who cares. or does it matter if my name is not on a envelope will they not see me as a parishioner . i just don't understand????
are you kidding me

Monongahela, PA

#790 Mar 4, 2013
anybody who listens to gossip and repeats it is just as guilty as the gossiper if they don't want to write any thing on their envelope who cares as long as what's inside a little or a lot you give what you want if i want to give 5 or 125 it's between you and your GOD don't have a envious heart . everyones blessings are different.
CaCat

Ambridge, PA

#791 Mar 4, 2013
Wakeem wrote:
Does any of this really matter? Time to move ahead. Ultimately we will end up in one bldg that we will barely be able to support. Then some will leave angry. At that point we can refocus on faith instead of buildings then the healing and rebuilding of the faith community will begin. Everything else is just kicking the can down the road.
Sad to say apparently it does matter... on this forum anyway. All about the "green" with envy!
fefedup

Monongahela, PA

#792 Mar 11, 2013
The number of years, committees, studies, resources, time, talent and treasure consumed by the building issue has now far exceeded the realm of reasonable thinking. It has crossed the line of stupidity by miles. Why in the name of our good Lord can't this bishop do what needs to be done. The amount of waste cannot be recovered. How many times can you go down the same road to the same conclusion only to turn around start over in an attempt to win over critics that will NEVER be won over. Thus the majority of good Christians must pay the price. Lest this time the majority may move on to better parishes.
CaCat

Ambridge, PA

#793 Mar 11, 2013
fefedup wrote:
The number of years, committees, studies, resources, time, talent and treasure consumed by the building issue has now far exceeded the realm of reasonable thinking. It has crossed the line of stupidity by miles. Why in the name of our good Lord can't this bishop do what needs to be done. The amount of waste cannot be recovered. How many times can you go down the same road to the same conclusion only to turn around start over in an attempt to win over critics that will NEVER be won over. Thus the majority of good Christians must pay the price. Lest this time the majority may move on to better parishes.
I'm not posting this comment to be rude..(although thats' what I will be accused of)

Firstly, what amount of "waste" will not be recovered? What you think of as waste, others' may not.

Secondly, Christians that are true to God as well as themselves do not need to make "attempts" of any kind to "win over critics".

Lastly, If the majority feels the need to move to a "better parish"..more power to them!
fefedup

Pittsburgh, PA

#794 Mar 11, 2013
Time and resources over a long period of time. When staff and volunteers could be doing better things. Money on too many bldgs. Second I agree. Do not need to appease critics but for some reason that is what is happening. Third people leaving is unfortunate. A bishop with leadership qualities or a backbone would be nice.
CaCat

Ambridge, PA

#795 Mar 11, 2013
fefedup wrote:
Time and resources over a long period of time. When staff and volunteers could be doing better things. Money on too many bldgs. Second I agree. Do not need to appease critics but for some reason that is what is happening. Third people leaving is unfortunate. A bishop with leadership qualities or a backbone would be nice.
A bishop with a backbone would be nice...However, I disagree that the staff and volunteers could have been doing better things over the years..I think most has and continues to do better things.
confused

Pittsburgh, PA

#796 Mar 11, 2013
You are my hero! THANK YOU for this post. I agree with you 100%.
fefedup wrote:
The number of years, committees, studies, resources, time, talent and treasure consumed by the building issue has now far exceeded the realm of reasonable thinking. It has crossed the line of stupidity by miles. Why in the name of our good Lord can't this bishop do what needs to be done. The amount of waste cannot be recovered. How many times can you go down the same road to the same conclusion only to turn around start over in an attempt to win over critics that will NEVER be won over. Thus the majority of good Christians must pay the price. Lest this time the majority may move on to better parishes.
CaCat

Ambridge, PA

#797 Mar 12, 2013
confused wrote:
You are my hero! THANK YOU for this post. I agree with you 100%.
<quoted text>
You really are confused. I can't understand why anyone would think the years the staff as well as the volunteers served were wasteful!
fefedup

Pittsburgh, PA

#798 Mar 12, 2013
You really like to twist the meaning of peoples words. Anyone with a sixth grade diploma would know that is not what is being said here. I think you know as well.
fefedup

Pittsburgh, PA

#799 Mar 12, 2013
Transparently clever at best
CaCat

Ambridge, PA

#800 Mar 12, 2013
fefedup wrote:
You really like to twist the meaning of peoples words. Anyone with a sixth grade diploma would know that is not what is being said here. I think you know as well.
Is this how you react to someone who was just trying to understand your comments? Because my opinion differs from yours, you must resort to insults?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monongahela Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hothouse 6 hr apple jack 9
CaCat 23 hr cAcAT 3
Information about my grandparents: Hayes S. Ca... (Feb '07) 23 hr cAcAT 2
Is it time to scrap busses and start passenger/... 23 hr cAcAT 3
Is Donora too far gone? Wed cAcAT 3
Man shot outside Carroll bar Tue pumpkin pie 2
store to never go to-Hackershack computers Oct 27 Valley Rat 10
Monongahela Dating
Find my Match

Monongahela People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monongahela News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monongahela

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]