here we go again

Pittsburgh, PA

#761 Feb 27, 2013
Honestly, how many people do you think actually write on this forum? Do you really believe that the church is this divided b/c it's not. MOST people don't care which church stays open but they want the $ to be used correctly. Get over yourself and your high horse thinking that everyone gives a rat a** about the "building". The minority are on the Preservation committee and the majority don't care.
CaCat wrote:
<quoted text>
One would never know the exceptions are the majority by the looks of this forum.
CaCat

Pittsburgh, PA

#762 Feb 28, 2013
here we go again wrote:
Honestly, how many people do you think actually write on this forum? Do you really believe that the church is this divided b/c it's not. MOST people don't care which church stays open but they want the $ to be used correctly. Get over yourself and your high horse thinking that everyone gives a rat a** about the "building". The minority are on the Preservation committee and the majority don't care.<quoted text>
My high horse? Please, you took the time to actually write on this forum. Glad you can speak for MOST people. I'm entitled to my opinion as you are to yours..and its' always about the money!
Valley Boy

Pittsburgh, PA

#763 Feb 28, 2013
This is -MY- thread -- so keep your horses out!
Valley Boy

Pittsburgh, PA

#764 Feb 28, 2013
here we go again wrote:
Honestly, how many people do you think actually write on this forum? Do you really believe that the church is this divided b/c it's not. MOST people don't care which church stays open but they want the $ to be used correctly. Get over yourself and your high horse thinking that everyone gives a rat a** about the "building". The minority are on the Preservation committee and the majority don't care.<quoted text>
Befor that question can be answered, what do you call writing???
CaCat

Pittsburgh, PA

#765 Feb 28, 2013
Wakeem wrote:
There is probably 4 or five posting here max
...Probably, maybe or definately? And you can count?
Abby

Belle Vernon, PA

#766 Feb 28, 2013
Wakeem wrote:
There is probably 4 or five posting here max
This site is certainly not a representation of any church. Only a few opinions. The best that can we can hope for is the bishop allows our pastor to do his job.
of course

Pittsburgh, PA

#767 Feb 28, 2013
Of course it's about the money. The Preservation Group picketed the diocese with signs that stated "You Will Not Get My Money". This group raised all of this money to keep their church open. Now what? These signs that were used are no secret. It was on teh news and in the newspapers. Yes! It's all about the money. This was the theme of the Preservation group.
CaCat wrote:
<quoted text>
My high horse? Please, you took the time to actually write on this forum. Glad you can speak for MOST people. I'm entitled to my opinion as you are to yours..and its' always about the money!
of course

Pittsburgh, PA

#768 Feb 28, 2013
This same group refused to put envelopes in the weekly offering. With their envelopes they would cross out St Damiens and put St. Anthonys. They would put blank envelopes to make a "point". Of course it's about the money.
are you kidding me

Belle Vernon, PA

#769 Mar 1, 2013
how would you know what is on these people's envelopes are your eyes strained or his it that your nose is sticking it's self where it not be i give from my heart i don't care if my name is on a envelope ,if the name is on a envelope of the church some people pay monthly why do you care, worry about yourself your GOD and your own door step. God will take care of his own i put cash in with no envelope i don't care what any other human thinks i don't need to be counted or recognized by anyone in any church
CaCat

Harwick, PA

#770 Mar 1, 2013
are you kidding me wrote:
how would you know what is on these people's envelopes are your eyes strained or his it that your nose is sticking it's self where it not be i give from my heart i don't care if my name is on a envelope ,if the name is on a envelope of the church some people pay monthly why do you care, worry about yourself your GOD and your own door step. God will take care of his own i put cash in with no envelope i don't care what any other human thinks i don't need to be counted or recognized by anyone in any church
hypocrite.

Go bury shit on a tile floor -- keeps me busy.
of course

Pittsburgh, PA

#771 Mar 2, 2013
No. My eyes are not strained for anything. I'm giving direct legit information from the Preservation Group. The $ information is factual. Ask anyone in the Preservation group. If they deny it they are lying.
of course

Pittsburgh, PA

#772 Mar 2, 2013
I am not talking about the person's name. I'm talking about the CHURCH'S name. These people crossed out St. Damiens and put St Anthonys. They also put in blank envelopes to prove that they do NOT support the merger and the church "will not get their money". Facts.
CaCat

Pittsburgh, PA

#773 Mar 2, 2013
CaCat wrote:
<quoted text>
hypocrite.
Go bury shit on a tile floor -- keeps me busy.
Ahh, we have a Copy CaCat here..almost flattering if you weren't so juvenile. It's apparent that you are incapable of making an intelligent comment of your own! LMAO!
CaCat

Pittsburgh, PA

#774 Mar 2, 2013
of course wrote:
No. My eyes are not strained for anything. I'm giving direct legit information from the Preservation Group. The $ information is factual. Ask anyone in the Preservation group. If they deny it they are lying.
<quoted text>
Direct legit information? Really? As if your comments lead one to believe you would even care what the Preservation group has to say..let alone believe them. Why don't you grow up and stop acting like a first grader!?
are you kidding me

Belle Vernon, PA

#775 Mar 2, 2013
why do you care again i ask??? if these so called christians are telling other people or for that matter telling you what is on a envelope or in a envelope then GOD forgive you and them. like i said before it shouldn't matter to you or anyone else what is written or scratched off on a envelope. what is inside is the most important part anyway it's always about the money . money money money i wouldn't doubt if there was a ledger on everyone in the church and they write down what everyone gives. really, care about what's important in your life and how you can make a difference in your , life then you can be productive in someone else's
are you kidding me

Belle Vernon, PA

#776 Mar 2, 2013
oh forgive me, i forgot to mention about the sign about the not giving money what is so bad about not wanting to give their money to a church or building that is no longer going to exist would YOU how much trouble was to open the church for one lousy mass the church and some of the people have bigger fish to fry
Thomas the doubtful

Beaver, PA

#777 Mar 3, 2013
I wonder what the disciples wrote on their envelopes? Did they even have envelopes at the Last Supper? What did they do at tax time? Did they even have taxes? How did they balance the budget? Did they even have a budget? WHAT DID THEY DO WITH THE MONEY THEY COLLECTED? These questions are still being asked today!! LOL
Wakeem

Pittsburgh, PA

#778 Mar 3, 2013
It is wasteful to maintain two buildings within a half mile of each other
Don

Mckeesport, PA

#779 Mar 3, 2013
Saint Anthonys did the same thing with the envelopes. They kept track of who gave and how much! I've said it before and I'll say it again, how much I give is between God and I! Not the neb noses at Saint Anthonys or the new parish of Saint Damiens and their neb noses!
are you kidding me

Belle Vernon, PA

#780 Mar 3, 2013
yes it might be wasteful but look at what it has caused in the last month maybe the catholic church could afford a little on their side how much does one organization need ? there are no schools, the regular people (God loving people) can't afford .no churches hey i know lets just have a drive by service and the priest can sit there and give you a prayer leave your tithe and pick up your communion on the way out. just think how much money they would save would nobody would know anybodies business except what kind of car they drove. there would be no more spreading germs no more blowing your noses coughing and just think nobody would have to say a damn thing to another person that they don't want to . what a perfect world it would be to some people. maybe the higher ups should start digging in there pockets aliitle. God would be so proud of all of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monongahela Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should chickens be allowed to roost in Monongah... (May '16) Jan 13 Farmer John 4
Part-time Donora police officer charged with st... Jan 11 The Unknown Deplo... 1
Looking for Family in PA (Jul '12) Jan 10 dkuharsky 22
News Mon Valley Hospital plans to acquire a medical ... Jan 6 Jim 1
Mon Valley Hospital (Oct '11) Jan 3 iron 7
News Urwin guilty of murder (Nov '11) Dec 23 channa 4
Armory Food Bank Dec 20 Tonnie 1

Monongahela Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monongahela Mortgages