Rosalee

Pittsburgh, PA

#721 Feb 18, 2013
As long as there are two blds it will be difficult to unite. There will always be a struggle of who gets what. One church vs othet. Under one roof there will be initial pain but long term success
Answer

Pittsburgh, PA

#722 Feb 19, 2013
still no answer wrote:
Again, dodging the question. Many of us are interested b/c you have caused much grief and aggravation to this town. You have ruined the reputation of a church. Was it worth it? What is the Preservation group going to do with the money? It's a simple question that doesn't seem to have an answer.
As if it is a big secret that the two parishes' EVER had any love loss between them. The way your insisting to know what the money will be used for and accusing me of ruining the reputation of the chuch instead of making suggestions on how we can come together peacefully is yet one more example why we have the constant turmoil.

Have you answered why this is so important to you?..Its' a simple question that doesn't seem to have an answer. Who's dodging what?
Rosalee

Pittsburgh, PA

#723 Feb 19, 2013
I think we unite under one roof and give the money to charity. Also the hillside under the ramp parking on Park Ave is quickly crumbling. Someone needs to look at that.
Snow Ball

Rochester, PA

#724 Feb 19, 2013
This site is either getting a lot more action from the West Mifflin area or cat is at it again. lol
CaCat

Pittsburgh, PA

#725 Feb 19, 2013
Rosalee wrote:
I think we unite under one roof and give the money to charity. Also the hillside under the ramp parking on Park Ave is quickly crumbling. Someone needs to look at that.
Unfortunately, both parishes' weren't united in raising the money and the one on Main St. seems as if they would care less about restoring any kind of peace let alone the parking ramp on Park Ave. I can clearly see your intentions mean well..sad that you're one of the few the exceptions to this mess.
Pat Pol

Mckeesport, PA

#726 Feb 19, 2013
The group has failed. Heck they can't decide when to have a meeting let alone decide what to do with the money collected so far! What a waste of energy!
CaCat

Pittsburgh, PA

#727 Feb 19, 2013
Snow Ball wrote:
This site is either getting a lot more action from the West Mifflin area or cat is at it again. lol
The West Mifflin area is known for many things, Church isn't one of them!
MACY

Pittsburgh, PA

#728 Feb 19, 2013
The answer you want is 2 posts up from yours. Only you continually dodge the question. You didn't ruin the reputation of a church. The Preservation group did.
Answer wrote:
<quoted text>
As if it is a big secret that the two parishes' EVER had any love loss between them. The way your insisting to know what the money will be used for and accusing me of ruining the reputation of the chuch instead of making suggestions on how we can come together peacefully is yet one more example why we have the constant turmoil.
Have you answered why this is so important to you?..Its' a simple question that doesn't seem to have an answer. Who's dodging what?
still no answer

Pittsburgh, PA

#729 Feb 19, 2013
I copied and pasted my reply for you that was posted yesterday. No, I'm not dodging any question. The Preservation group clearly does not have an answer or it would have been addressed.

"Again, dodging the question. Many of us are interested b/c you have caused much grief and aggravation to this town. You have ruined the reputation of a church. Was it worth it? What is the Preservation group going to do with the money? It's a simple question that doesn't seem to have an answer."
Answer wrote:
<quoted text>
still no answer

Pittsburgh, PA

#730 Feb 19, 2013
THe answer that you must have overlooked since I posted it several times. Here is the answer to your question:
"Many of us are interested b/c you have caused much grief and aggravation to this town. You have ruined the reputation of a church." Now it's your turn to answer.
Answer wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer

Pittsburgh, PA

#731 Feb 20, 2013
still no answer wrote:
THe answer that you must have overlooked since I posted it several times. Here is the answer to your question:
"Many of us are interested b/c you have caused much grief and aggravation to this town. You have ruined the reputation of a church." Now it's your turn to answer.
<quoted text>
Heres' the answer to your question: "We" are undecided where the money will be distributed. You feel that I have ruined the reputation of a church? That is your opinion and you are entitled to it as am I. I will not take your bitter statement personally as parishoners from both parishes' as well as the Diocese have left all in dismay.
Answer

Pittsburgh, PA

#732 Feb 20, 2013
MACY wrote:
The answer you want is 2 posts up from yours. Only you continually dodge the question. You didn't ruin the reputation of a church. The Preservation group did.
<quoted text>
How easy it is for so-called Catholics to point fingers and lay blame. Its' a wonder this turmoil continues.
CaCat

Pittsburgh, PA

#733 Feb 20, 2013
still no answer wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree that you wouldn't be happy no matter what the answer..you seem to just want to accuse, insult and blame to keep the trouble brewing. I would suggest you work on your own reputation if your demanding nature, to say the least, is any indication of how you act!
confused

Pittsburgh, PA

#734 Feb 21, 2013
Can someone explain to me how anyone besides the Preservation group has caused grief/aggravation? From what I gather it seems that none of these issues would've risen if the Preservation group let things be. Instead of protesting the diocese, etc. why didn't this group help unite the churches? I'm baffled by the posts that are stating how the Preservation group did not cause aggravation, ruin a reputation of a church. How can anyone NOT think these things? All this group had to do was accept change and move on. I do not understand how people continue to live in denial about this issue. It also seems that when the truth is stated "ruined reputation of a church" that people disagree. How could you disagree with this? They made the news and are shown protesting the closing of a building. The people living in denial on this forum are sad. Truth does hurt but denial destroys.
Joseph

Mckeesport, PA

#735 Feb 21, 2013
Bishop Zubik Should shut down both churches and let them figure out where to go to church! People on both sides have ACTED LIKE FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!
CaCat

Pittsburgh, PA

#736 Feb 22, 2013
confused wrote:
Can someone explain to me how anyone besides the Preservation group has caused grief/aggravation? From what I gather it seems that none of these issues would've risen if the Preservation group let things be. Instead of protesting the diocese, etc. why didn't this group help unite the churches? I'm baffled by the posts that are stating how the Preservation group did not cause aggravation, ruin a reputation of a church. How can anyone NOT think these things? All this group had to do was accept change and move on. I do not understand how people continue to live in denial about this issue. It also seems that when the truth is stated "ruined reputation of a church" that people disagree. How could you disagree with this? They made the news and are shown protesting the closing of a building. The people living in denial on this forum are sad. Truth does hurt but denial destroys.
The Preservation group knew the opposition they faced trying to keep their church open. Was it the right thing to do?..Maybe, Maybe not. With that being said, they also knew they would not be accepted without resent from the parishoners' at the Main Street location BEFORE they decided their mission..and that has proven to be true. If you all must continue to blame, there is plenty of blame to go around.
Mikey

Pittsburgh, PA

#737 Feb 22, 2013
Sure hope the Penguins turn it around tonight. They need to start winning at home.....
Wakeem

Pittsburgh, PA

#738 Feb 22, 2013
Joseph wrote:
Bishop Zubik Should shut down both churches and let them figure out where to go to church! People on both sides have ACTED LIKE FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!
. Wrong. Both sides have not!!!
CaCat

Pittsburgh, PA

#739 Feb 22, 2013
Wakeem wrote:
<quoted text>. Wrong. Both sides have not!!!
Case in point...I have tried to tell you all along that one group thinks their better than the other! LOL!
Mikey

United States

#740 Feb 22, 2013
Great Pens victory tonight!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monongahela Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Garbage Jul 13 Paid my garbage bill 1
Western PA to be earthquake central from fracking Jul 3 Shaken 1
Former church members and lawyer disgrace them... Jun 22 Robert Langdon 4
Ringgold Baseball Trip Jun 22 Wonder Woman 3
Did Bill Gibson ever play basketball for Dunora... Jun '17 nelson 1
Downtown Monongahela Jun '17 Tony 8
News Duquesne Incline Museum: The Best History of Pi... May '17 yolanda. rown 1

Monongahela Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance