Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

It is great to see St Damiens finally moving ahead. A good bit of healing and growing going on.
Pat P Joe toupee Ripep

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

JaJack wrote:
It is great to see St Damiens finally moving ahead. A good bit of healing and growing going on.
JaJack what the hell are you smoking ! Nothing has changed,if anything Saint Anthonys group is getting ready for round 2! Anyone who has two brain cells in their head knows that this hostile takeover is far from over! Understand this there are still two Roman Catholic churches despite what the diocese says!
JaJack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

What group? I must have missed round 1. All I know is the new church seems to be doing much better than expected. It is good to see so much vibrant positive energy. The Lord brings people together.
JaJack

Monongahela, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

The fighting is over. The healing has begun.....
MaMouse

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

JaJack wrote:
The fighting is over. The healing has begun.....
...That remains to be seen in my opinion.
St Damien Pray for Us

Eighty Four, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

JaJack you are correct! We're moving forward with the doors wide open where all are welcome! God knew the outcome and what would happen in HIS HOUSE! As far as the comment from (Pat P Joe toupee Ripep) most have more than two brain cells and have come to the realization that we are ONE HOLY CATHOLIC APOSTOLIC CHURCH. Not sure where your thinking comes from, but ownership of everything in Mon City, buildings contents etc belongs to the Diocese and "St Damien of Molokai Church" If you think ownership belongs to anyone else, Im sorry you are mistaken.
John

Charleroi, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

JaJack wrote:
You are so right we are moving on as on church united!!!
DaDick

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

..and some of those who believe that there is still a chance for StA to reopen, may also be waiting for the steel mills to reopen too.
Mon City Man

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

DaDick wrote:
..and some of those who believe that there is still a chance for StA to reopen, may also be waiting for the steel mills to reopen too.
Praise the Lord and pass the Ketchup!
ArcelorMittal says it will spend $50 million to upgrade and restart a coke plant near Pittsburgh, adding more than 100 jobs in the process.
Plant manager Paul Champagne says the Luxembourg-based metals company will modernize the pollution-control equipment at the plant, and make other improvements so the plant in Monessen will be safer and more competitive.
You are still welcome at my new church till St. Anthony's opens up again too.
http://www.macriders.org/
I sort of understand but

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Yes, the parishioners of St Anthony are upset over the decision to close their church - merge with Tranfiguation - and become St Damien. You were granted an audience with the Bishop ( he could have told you no but he listened to your issues).

What I dont get is this....the decision was made.....its final....all of the time and energy that is being wasted on trying to get St Anthony's open again wont work so use that time and energy for something worthwhile like helping at a soup kitchen or volunteering at a homeless shelter.

If you truly have faith and are a good catholic/christian, it comes to just a buidling. Practice your faith at home or join the others at the Transfig bldg. But its not a situation where your efforts to fight the good fight in your eyes is a wasted proposition. Accept reality and move on.

It is sad that the St Anthony people who were going to run the nut roll sale had to insist on putting a St Anthony sticker on the rolls....as od today, St Anthony exists in your heart and mind. That chutch is not recognized anymore by the Pgh Diocese so just give it a break.
JaJack

Whitmore Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Well said!!!

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Since: Feb 11

Mon Valley, Pa.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

But, but, but, the Nut Rolls. Just kidding.
Mon City Man

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

I am happy to report that more than a few individuals will soon be eating their words! I feel certain they will have all heard by... December 14th, say by 4:00 PM maybe? See you there. You are all welcome to attend!
Fred

Belle Vernon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

We are gone from St. Damiens.
JaJack

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

I heard a group is going to the bishop to bring back the chess park festival.
BLAKKNIGHT 1998

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Guess what all you haters and trash talkers about my beloved Saint Anthonys guess what? You are WRONG ! The battle has been won so come on down the second week of December to the four p.m mass at Saint Anthonys! All are welcome!!!!!!!!!! This is only the start in time by the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ once again we will be distinct from the church on main street!!!!!!!!!! Plus in a short while Bishop Zubik will be saying mass at Saint Anthonys church in a short while! GOD is Great!!!!!!!!!! I believe GOD allowed this mess to happen to wake up the complacent Catholics in monongahela who took much for granted! But never again! I may have certain issues with certain parishioners from both churches but I've learned just how heart breaking losing my spiritual home has been and I swear til my last breathe on this wretched corrupt earth I will do everything in my power to attend and support in any way possible The Friendly Church of Saint Anthonys of Padua in monongahela PA.!!!!!!!!!
Fred

Belle Vernon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Good for you! You can pay for it too.
Mon City Man

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Fred wrote:
Good for you! You can pay for it too.
No problem, we have all that money we raised to pay for the lawyer at our disposal! See you at the mass on the 15th.
JaJack

Whitmore Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

That money should be turned over to st damiens
DaDick

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

BLAKKNIGHT 1998 wrote:
Guess what all you haters and trash talkers about my beloved Saint Anthonys guess what? You are WRONG ! The battle has been won so come on down the second week of December to the four p.m mass at Saint Anthonys! All are welcome!!!!!!!!!! This is only the start in time by the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ once again we will be distinct from the church on main street!!!!!!!!!! Plus in a short while Bishop Zubik will be saying mass at Saint Anthonys church in a short while! GOD is Great!!!!!!!!!! I believe GOD allowed this mess to happen to wake up the complacent Catholics in monongahela who took much for granted! But never again! I may have certain issues with certain parishioners from both churches but I've learned just how heart breaking losing my spiritual home has been and I swear til my last breathe on this wretched corrupt earth I will do everything in my power to attend and support in any way possible The Friendly Church of Saint Anthonys of Padua in monongahela PA.!!!!!!!!!
Did you remember to inhale?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 461 - 480 of1,082
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monongahela Discussions

Search the Monongahela Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Officer Kenyon 5 hr CaCat 2
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 5 hr Cut and paste and bitter 3,801
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 6 hr Ben 51,182
Fake "Festa"---Who's not going???? 20 hr CaCat 76
Far too many Cats. Anyone else agree? Jul 19 DaDog1 3
Gas prices in Monongahela Jul 19 DaDog1 11
Some stores in mon city Jul 16 CaCat 15
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monongahela Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000