joe

Milford, MI

#283 Aug 30, 2012
There is a double standard here. Do you really think that it is ok for some people to continuously speak out against the merger by mocking the former transfiguration group without getting a rebuttle? It appears that some have decided to reply to the countless attacks. I think most have held their tongue against the onslaught of accusations and insults. I mean lets get real most do not care but when people refer ro the merger as a fight and" we won't go without a fight" come on!!
joe

Milford, MI

#284 Aug 30, 2012
Personally I looked forward to worshiping with what I consider to be my friends at St Anthony. I thought it was great that we could all finally work together as one parish and many from former St Anthony have taken that same attitude. It is sad that some have not because the possibilities of what the parish could be as one are fantastic!!
The Moron

New Castle, PA

#285 Aug 30, 2012
Your last two posts seem to have some conflicting remarks goin on. Do you really thinks its' ok for some people to continously speak of money owed to one church as if it is there own personal finances? On one hand..its ok for the members of Transfig. to attack because its' a rebuttle. On the other hand..you are looking forward to worshiping with what you "consider to be your friends at St. Anthony." Who has a "double standard" Joe?

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Since: Feb 11

Mon Valley, Pa.

#286 Aug 30, 2012
The closing of church property has been going on for some time. All over the world. One thing we must realize, it's a business. I don't believe it's the faith, as has been said by many over the years, but the worldly part, the buildings, and associated things that go with it. I'm sure many out there have a pretty good idea of the cost of maintaining all of this. The church lives thru contributions and when they taper off changes are in order. I wish our government could understand this. The people of a parish have always been considered as family to me. Some family's have falling outs with others but always seem to make up. I think it's time to make up. Consider what would Jesus do. I'm sure he wouldn't be carrying on like this. Take what you think to be a bad situation and make it a good one. It's the right thing to do.
CopyCaCat

New Castle, PA

#287 Aug 30, 2012
DaDog1 wrote:
The closing of church property has been going on for some time. All over the world. One thing we must realize, it's a business. I don't believe it's the faith, as has been said by many over the years, but the worldly part, the buildings, and associated things that go with it. I'm sure many out there have a pretty good idea of the cost of maintaining all of this. The church lives thru contributions and when they taper off changes are in order. I wish our government could understand this. The people of a parish have always been considered as family to me. Some family's have falling outs with others but always seem to make up. I think it's time to make up. Consider what would Jesus do. I'm sure he wouldn't be carrying on like this. Take what you think to be a bad situation and make it a good one. It's the right thing to do.
Just what we need...another preacher that has no idea whats' going on!

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Mon Valley, Pa.

#288 Aug 30, 2012
You have no idea of any thing. Just sit there and make uninformed comments. I guess some find it entertaining, at least your many alter egos.
Have you always talked to your self? Have you ever made an informed decision?
MaMouse

New Castle, PA

#289 Aug 30, 2012
DaDog1 wrote:
You have no idea of any thing. Just sit there and make uninformed comments. I guess some find it entertaining, at least your many alter egos.
Have you always talked to your self? Have you ever made an informed decision?
Since when were opinions uninformed comments?(LOL) Are you a member of either of these parishes'(former parish)? I'd bet the answer is no, I believe you may have answered that already. No matter, you still put your trollish paws in to start trouble! Go dig up some dirt in your own back yard or the doggie park.. I'm sure there's plenty to dig!
The athiest

Beaver, PA

#291 Aug 30, 2012
I read an article that said Bishop Z. announced that the catholics are 2.5 million over budget and he was going to cut jobs. He said today that only 2 jobs were lost and a part timer was laid off. They are a mite bit overpaid if only 3 people can make up 2.5 million dollars HA HA HA I take it God doesn't pay overtime either?
The Moron

New Castle, PA

#292 Aug 30, 2012
joe wrote:
Personally I looked forward to worshiping with what I consider to be my friends at St Anthony. I thought it was great that we could all finally work together as one parish and many from former St Anthony have taken that same attitude. It is sad that some have not because the possibilities of what the parish could be as one are fantastic!!
......That doesn't answer my question.
joe

Westland, MI

#293 Aug 30, 2012
What question?
The real Joe

Mckeesport, PA

#294 Aug 30, 2012
I see one of two possibilities happening! Either the Diocese will reopen Saint Anthonys or if they continue down the path of closing our parish,eventually the Diocese will shut down Transfiguration for lack of financial support! Transfiguration has had a couple of emergency meetings concerning the severe drop in the weekly offerings! The only logical solution is to keep the name Saint Damiens of Molokai but have both sites open with there parish names intact, otherwise the Diocese will eventually get what they really want in the long run! Which is to have one huge parish serving the Mid Monvalley! Wake up people this is a case of divide and conquer! Just look at what the Diocese did to Donora as a prime example! This is much bigger than two parishes in one town at war with each other! Transfiguration you should be fighting the good fight with us not against us because to the powers that be in the Diocese of Pittsburgh wants the infighting to continue! Take all the cheap shots you want at what I'm telling you but this will go one of the two possibilities I mentioned above! I hope and pray that everyone in both parishes will wake up and smell the coffee before there is no more Catholic churches in monongahela!
The real Joe

Mckeesport, PA

#295 Aug 30, 2012
P.S As far as the Diocese of Pittsburgh is concerned it's all about the money!
Fred

Belle Vernon, PA

#296 Aug 30, 2012
The real Joe wrote:
I see one of two possibilities happening! Either the Diocese will reopen Saint Anthonys or if they continue down the path of closing our parish,eventually the Diocese will shut down Transfiguration for lack of financial support! Transfiguration has had a couple of emergency meetings concerning the severe drop in the weekly offerings! The only logical solution is to keep the name Saint Damiens of Molokai but have both sites open with there parish names intact, otherwise the Diocese will eventually get what they really want in the long run! Which is to have one huge parish serving the Mid Monvalley! Wake up people this is a case of divide and conquer! Just look at what the Diocese did to Donora as a prime example! This is much bigger than two parishes in one town at war with each other! Transfiguration you should be fighting the good fight with us not against us because to the powers that be in the Diocese of Pittsburgh wants the infighting to continue! Take all the cheap shots you want at what I'm telling you but this will go one of the two possibilities I mentioned above! I hope and pray that everyone in both parishes will wake up and smell the coffee before there is no more Catholic churches in monongahela!
Are you kidding?
The real Joe

Mckeesport, PA

#297 Aug 31, 2012
Well Fred it's the truth! Except it or keep your head buried in the sand!

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Mon Valley, Pa.

#298 Aug 31, 2012
joe wrote:
You seem to have a good heart ans embrace the faith. be advised that the bickering going on between these people has nothing to do with the faith. It's all about control of their tiny earthly fiefdoms. I truly hope you all get it smoothed out.

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Mon Valley, Pa.

#299 Aug 31, 2012
MaMouse wrote:
<quoted text> Since when were opinions uninformed comments?(LOL) Are you a member of either of these parishes'(former parish)? I'd bet the answer is no, I believe you may have answered that already. No matter, you still put your trollish paws in to start trouble! Go dig up some dirt in your own back yard or the doggie park.. I'm sure there's plenty to dig!
All opinions are one or the other. You are correct, good memory, I have never been a practicing member of either. But I have been a Catholic all of my life. Even an alter boy for a few years. And no, never had or saw any problems. I tried to offer some good advise on the topic. How is that starting trouble?
I do most of my worshiping at my home. I prefer that as to being around people who attend services just to "show up" and improve how others think of them. When in serious doubt about a part of the whole religion thing I have been known to drive over 300 miles to meet with a priest whom I know to be enlightened on the subject. And on a number of occasions a minister or Rabbi. My friend, the Rabbi is well schooled and an authority on most religions. I mostly seek him out for the scoop about Muslims. My monetary donations span the entire field except the Muslims since I'm still a bit leery about them.
As far as your reply goes, it was nothing more than an attack on me. Not what I believe Jesus would do. Have a nice day.
The Moron

New Castle, PA

#300 Aug 31, 2012
DaDog1 wrote:
<quoted text>
All opinions are one or the other. You are correct, good memory, I have never been a practicing member of either. But I have been a Catholic all of my life. Even an alter boy for a few years. And no, never had or saw any problems. I tried to offer some good advise on the topic. How is that starting trouble?
I do most of my worshiping at my home. I prefer that as to being around people who attend services just to "show up" and improve how others think of them. When in serious doubt about a part of the whole religion thing I have been known to drive over 300 miles to meet with a priest whom I know to be enlightened on the subject. And on a number of occasions a minister or Rabbi. My friend, the Rabbi is well schooled and an authority on most religions. I mostly seek him out for the scoop about Muslims. My monetary donations span the entire field except the Muslims since I'm still a bit leery about them.
As far as your reply goes, it was nothing more than an attack on me. Not what I believe Jesus would do. Have a nice day.
So, what you're basically saying is....BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.
MaMouse

New Castle, PA

#301 Aug 31, 2012
DaDog1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're whack dog.

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Mon Valley, Pa.

#302 Sep 1, 2012
Two more useless comments from the Troll Gallery.
Nothing about the topic, just personal insults. And this fool, or these fools (never know), accuses others of being trolls.
MaMouse

New Castle, PA

#303 Sep 1, 2012
DaDog1 wrote:
Two more useless comments from the Troll Gallery.
Nothing about the topic, just personal insults. And this fool, or these fools (never know), accuses others of being trolls.
Really Dog?. You're last rant on this forum went on about Rabbi's and Muslims..Not that there is anything wrong with that IF they pertained to this forum. Personal insults from the troll gallery is your deal...you are the owner and the sole proprietor! It would be nice to just read opinions of others' that actually have something to say about what really matters instead your trollishness and trollhem!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monongahela Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So when is Trump going to open the steel mills? (Mar '17) Dec 12 The Swami 11
Vatican upholds St. Anthony Church closing. (Nov '14) Dec 1 Fr Guido 29
News The Hot Dog Place Under the Bridge in Brownsville (Jan '14) Nov 29 Mismary183 7
Pay the Teachers!!! Nov 28 Sam Malone 10
News Monessen Middle School Students Given 'Fifty Sh... (Feb '15) Nov 17 Tasty 50 farts 65
News Fire destroyed Twin Coaches 31 years ago (Nov '08) Nov '17 clb 28
Write Your State Representative to BAN Loud Mot... (May '11) Sep '17 Anon 124

Monongahela Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monongahela Mortgages