First Prev
of 55
Next Last
Valley Boy

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 May 2, 2012
So it's official, St. Anthony's is closing for the well paid staff at Transfiguration. I wonder when the church will change the name back to Transfiguration now that the outcast Leprosy congregation is kaput.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
bigdaddy

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 May 2, 2012
Valley Boy wrote:
So it's official, St. Anthony's is closing for the well paid staff at Transfiguration. I wonder when the church will change the name back to Transfiguration now that the outcast Leprosy congregation is kaput.
Amen Brother who didn't see this coming the day they merged the 2 churches. It's a crying shame, closing down a nice well built building with lots of parking for a run down dilapidated building with a very small parking lot. Kept all the musicians from transfig, said screw you to all the singers musicians, etc from St Anthonys. A real shame. This bishop is about as crooked as a politician. Won't stop till all the catholics have to drive to St Pauls Cathedral for Sunday Mass.
Fr Guido

Belle Vernon, PA

#3 May 2, 2012
St Anthony's parking is great if you arent old or limited physically...the majority of parking at St Anthony's is at the big lot on Park Avenue. The actual pkg lot behind Transfiguration is small but there is plenty of street parking on level ground within 1-2 blocks of the church.... not even a valid comparison.
SisterSoulja

Springdale, PA

#4 May 2, 2012
This whole fiasco makes me ill..I can't even begin to discuss it without writing a book!
Bob

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 May 3, 2012
bigdaddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Brother who didn't see this coming the day they merged the 2 churches. It's a crying shame, closing down a nice well built building with lots of parking for a run down dilapidated building with a very small parking lot. Kept all the musicians from transfig, said screw you to all the singers musicians, etc from St Anthonys. A real shame. This bishop is about as crooked as a politician. Won't stop till all the catholics have to drive to St Pauls Cathedral for Sunday Mass.
Grow up big daddy.....Get over it....
old timer

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 May 4, 2012
NOw if we can get back to praying the Gloria and the Our Father all will be good. Lose the singers. The one piano player thinks it is all about her.
OldTimer2

Springdale, PA

#7 May 4, 2012
old timer wrote:
NOw if we can get back to praying the Gloria and the Our Father all will be good. Lose the singers. The one piano player thinks it is all about her.
Singing soothes the savage beast..is it not working for you?
change church

Mckeesport, PA

#8 May 5, 2012
My husband and I are very unhappy about the closing of S. Anthony, so we have decided to look for a new church to attend. We do not enjoy the service at Transfigeration Church and feel that the people are very unwelcoming!
OldTimer2

Springdale, PA

#9 May 5, 2012
change church wrote:
My husband and I are very unhappy about the closing of S. Anthony, so we have decided to look for a new church to attend. We do not enjoy the service at Transfigeration Church and feel that the people are very unwelcoming!
There are alot of unhappy people in reguards to this change. Change is inevitable. If you think you would be more comfortable at another parish..more power to you. I do agree that Transfigurations' parishoners are less inclined to be friendly but you may or may not encounter this anywhere you go. St. Anthonys' will truly be missed..don't think you're gonna find that type of atmosphere anywhere!
old timer

Belle Vernon, PA

#10 May 6, 2012
Was at the 9:00 mass today. The choir screwed up the Gloria again. Time to give up singing it.
OldTimer2

Springdale, PA

#11 May 6, 2012
old timer wrote:
Was at the 9:00 mass today. The choir screwed up the Gloria again. Time to give up singing it.
Your weekly report on how dismayed you are with the singing is getting older than me and you...If it upsets you that much then..A) Go to the choir and tell them about it..or 2. Find a new place to worship. Don't think you're gonna get much accomplished on an internet forum.
Bob

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 May 7, 2012
change church wrote:
Don't let the door hit you the ***
Sam

Springdale, PA

#13 May 8, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Don't let the door hit you the ***
..And this remark proves the point as to why some think they are not welcomed.
RUAHyporcrite

Springdale, PA

#14 May 8, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Don't let the door hit you the ***
HAHAHAHAH....Hit me in the door where? Could *** mean ass? What?.. Your good Catholic upbringing won't allow you to spell the word correctly?
Kerry

Monongahela, PA

#15 May 8, 2012
We had the same problem here in Donora when they closed St. Dominics. It wasnt easy but we are making it work.
Kent

Belle Vernon, PA

#16 May 8, 2012
Needin some Jesus here!!!!
Watching

Freedom, PA

#17 May 8, 2012
I am not Catholic, but if I were searching for a church I would pick neither of these churches with the amount of hatred coming from these two groups. The Lord is not smiling down on either of these churches I am sure. You people need to ask for forgiveness and start anew. What a terrible testimony of your faith. It's a disgrace.
Kent

Belle Vernon, PA

#18 May 8, 2012
Thoust who lives in glass houses should not throw stones. There are merely a few outspoken people that do not represent the majority. I will pray for you.
Sam

Springdale, PA

#19 May 8, 2012
Watching wrote:
I am not Catholic, but if I were searching for a church I would pick neither of these churches with the amount of hatred coming from these two groups. The Lord is not smiling down on either of these churches I am sure. You people need to ask for forgiveness and start anew. What a terrible testimony of your faith. It's a disgrace.
..If you are not Catholic..what religion are you? Where do you worship?..The House of Putting Your to Cents Inn?
change church

Mckeesport, PA

#20 May 8, 2012
enough all ready... let us all go pray tonight that come sunday morning we have a place of worship... I am praying that God will direct my path and show me where my family belongs... I have not left yet and am giving Transfiguration a chance, but the fighting must stop now!!! And if I can give them a chance, I hope they can do the same and accept me and mine. God bless us all!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 55
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monongahela Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue Fox dance hall (May '16) Dec 1 crow 11
Write Your State Representative to BAN Loud Mot... (May '11) Nov 18 Da_Bung_Da 123
New Eagle councilman abuse of tax dollars Nov 4 Paradise City 2
Hair Stylist Oct '16 Local 6
Rotten Apples Oct '16 Troll_1 2
Tar and Chipping of Roads should be illegal (Jun '13) Oct '16 motorcycles_are_u... 54
Baidland Sep '16 Scoop lover 4

Monongahela Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monongahela Mortgages