Erie hospital sues federal agency for...

Erie hospital sues federal agency for reimbursement

There are 9 comments on the Erie Times News story from Apr 2, 2013, titled Erie hospital sues federal agency for reimbursement. In it, Erie Times News reports that:

Saint Vincent Health Center and another western Pennsylvania hospital are suing the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, claiming it owes them a combined $1.83 million for treating certain low-income patients.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Times News.

Tacks Know More

Erie, PA

#1 Apr 2, 2013
Haha. Good luck suckers. Feds will leave you holding the bag. Just raise the prices on all the other patients.
chuck

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Apr 3, 2013
they should be careful going after the govt. if saint vincents wins any money I'm sure the govt. will persue any and all lawsuits pending against the hospital for their unfair labor practices. they range from violating the peoples with disabilities act all the way to discrimination. highmark didn't do all their homework when deciding to purchase that hole! it will all fall down soon enough! why aren't either of the hospitals paying property taxes?? neither are non-profit and both make millions? give us our share so our taxes stay as they are! double standards all around!
tara

Erie, PA

#3 Apr 3, 2013
saint vincents should watch themselves. they are crossing the line when it comes to illegal and unethical work practices. they have fired people who were disabled on the job, or severely injured while working? they have also told employees they have to do certain tasks even though they have a doctors note stating they are unable to do the task or fear reinjuring themselves? the racial slurs used up there are foul as well and allowed by management? my friend who works there tells me horor stories everyday. she says the human resource department sleeps with all of management and regardless of the situation they always back management over all else? HIGHMARK BEWARE????????
jon

Erie, PA

#4 Apr 4, 2013
dont they know the government always wins in the long run? and why isn't st. v's paying property taxes? they are no longer non-profit?
ceo

Erie, PA

#5 Apr 4, 2013
we will win more than is stated in the paper, and my wage will get a little extra padding.
Hell yeah I am a Libtard

Erie, PA

#6 Apr 4, 2013
Gotta love the libtard response. Hey Spanky......... St. Vincent's is not the problem...the Federal government is.
Hell yeah I am repubtard

Erie, PA

#7 Apr 4, 2013
Gotta love the joker aboves response. Hey Richard....What is the Federal problem? This ought to be good. Can't wait to hear about Stalin and Marks, I trust you will look those two up before you start banging the keys with your empty mind?
Randy Randerson

Erie, PA

#8 Apr 4, 2013
Hell yeah I am repubtard wrote:
Gotta love the joker aboves response. Hey Richard....What is the Federal problem? This ought to be good. Can't wait to hear about Stalin and Marks, I trust you will look those two up before you start banging the keys with your empty mind?
Why don't you read the article stupid. I can't help you only made it to the 1st grade in the Erie School district. The hospitals should let the low life trash like you die instead of wasting our tax money keeping worthless breeders like you alive.
tad

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Apr 5, 2013
survival of the fittest?? how old is that logic?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monongahela Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former church members and lawyer disgrace them... (Jan '17) Tue Dis quested 6
News Man who sent Hannibal Lecter photo to judge to ... Sep 16 YouDidntBuildThat 6
Local Politics Do you approve of Robert (Bob) Kepics as Mayor? (Oct '11) Aug '17 tired of you babi... 49
News Woman sentenced in grant scam (Jul '07) Aug '17 jadedg17 6
Peace Out Aug '17 Peace Out 1
Garbage Jul '17 Paid my garbage bill 1
Western PA to be earthquake central from fracking Jul '17 Shaken 1

Monongahela Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monongahela Mortgages