First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wait no more

Springfield, NJ

#1 Nov 6, 2012
So you call the Dr to get an appointment the earliest he can see you is 2 weeks away you have no choice to take it. So now its in 2 weeks at 2pm on a Tuesday and they ask you to be ten minutes early. OK novproblem you talk to your boss to leave work early that day then call a babysitter to get your kids off the bus and your all set. Now that Tuesday comes and you have all your ducks in line and show up ten minutes early you check in like normal and ask to have a seat. You sit in waiting room for 1.5 hours before being asked to come back to the room where you have to wait another hour plus...now its damn near 5pm haven't seen the Dr yet even though you set an appointment was never told Dr was running late wasn't ever asked if I wanted to reschedule never was checked on to see if I was still alive missed a half days pay had to pay babysitter and now have to leave b/c you need to get your kids dinner and take them to their sports.
So my question is should the Dr be responsible for lost time.
I would like to send them a bill.
And any one know a good family Dr. Who actually gives a shit about their patients?
Upset-1991

Belle Vernon, PA

#2 Nov 7, 2012
If you find a doc who cares let me know!! They charge unbelievable office visits,they make you wait for hours and you think when they finally make back to see you they would at least say sorry but no...... A few months ago that happen to me and when the doc finally came to see me I said did you forget about me. Just looked at me with this shitty smile on his face... Then the girls in the office.... Wow.. I called to get refills on my scripts,told them my insurance changed and that I needed all generic drugs or my insurance would not pay. What did I get when I went to pick them up,a $ 300.00 bill!! They said they called generics in ....so I refused the drugs called office again, waited 3 days before they got it right! They tried to say the drugs they called in were generic but they were brand names ... They don't care, they don't have to pay for them!!! Don't get started on Highmark ,they suck!! They have changed everything and don't cover shit and I pay almost 400 a month for something that pays nothing!!
Helen

Belle Vernon, PA

#3 Nov 7, 2012
think it is bad - it is only going to get worse
xfocker

Monessen, PA

#4 Nov 7, 2012
There are docs in the area where this is not a problem. You just have to find the right one.
Taxed enough

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Nov 7, 2012
I go to Med Xpress for minor stuff. Usually in and out in under an hour. They can do physicals and things such as that. I wait 15 minutes for my doctor then walk out if I make an appointment.
LoVe

Springfield, NJ

#6 Nov 8, 2012
Why don't you all spend 10 years in med school, amass huge loans, pay outrageous malpractice insurance premiums, put up with the general public that only calls you when they are sick, work long hours, and try to figure out if the insurance companies are going to keep up their end of the deal? Then you could fix yourself.

And don't forget, doctors only "practice" medicine. It is not an exact science. If you found a doctor that was right 100% of the time and fixed 100% of his/her patient problems, the waiting in the waiting room would be measured in years, not hours.

Life is tough for everyone....
Broke in the Valley

Mckeesport, PA

#7 Nov 8, 2012
Upset-1991 wrote:
If you find a doc who cares let me know!! They charge unbelievable office visits,they make you wait for hours and you think when they finally make back to see you they would at least say sorry but no...... A few months ago that happen to me and when the doc finally came to see me I said did you forget about me. Just looked at me with this shitty smile on his face... Then the girls in the office.... Wow.. I called to get refills on my scripts,told them my insurance changed and that I needed all generic drugs or my insurance would not pay. What did I get when I went to pick them up,a $ 300.00 bill!! They said they called generics in ....so I refused the drugs called office again, waited 3 days before they got it right! They tried to say the drugs they called in were generic but they were brand names ... They don't care, they don't have to pay for them!!! Don't get started on Highmark ,they suck!! They have changed everything and don't cover shit and I pay almost 400 a month for something that pays nothing!!
I know what you are saying ! Highmark are a bunch of AZZHOLES! I lost my health insurance in 2007 and for 3 years I was stuck with them til I almost had to file for bankruptcy,because between the lame insurance,co pays and medicine I was paying 1,500,00 per month!!!! Who the Hell can afford this and not lose everything! What's worse when I had to get a medical card one of my doctors in this area dropped me because he decided he would'nt take the medical card!!! Mean while when I had High rip off insurance he gladly took my insurance and co pays no problem! By the way for all you out there who think H.I.P.P.A protects your privacy about your medical health and records is the biggest jokes on this planet!!!!!! HIPPA is a paper tiger! My records have been leaked out to AZZHOLES who had no right to know my business!!!!!!!!!! I whole heartedly support places like MedXpress !!!!!!!!!!
xfocker

Monessen, PA

#8 Nov 9, 2012
LoVe wrote:
Why don't you all spend 10 years in med school, amass huge loans, pay outrageous malpractice insurance premiums, put up with the general public that only calls you when they are sick, work long hours, and try to figure out if the insurance companies are going to keep up their end of the deal? Then you could fix yourself.
And don't forget, doctors only "practice" medicine. It is not an exact science. If you found a doctor that was right 100% of the time and fixed 100% of his/her patient problems, the waiting in the waiting room would be measured in years, not hours.
Life is tough for everyone....
That was their bad career choice. Everyone is being forced to make due with less. I don't feel one bit of pity for doctors who made a bet on getting rich and lost the bet. I'm sure there are a lot of Indian and other Asian doctors who will gladly treat you for less. The entire medical community is pissed because they are being forced to settle for less just like the rest of us. Now that it's hitting them, you hear the whining - boo f**king hoo
Cheeks

Mckeesport, PA

#9 Nov 11, 2012
Broke in the Valley wrote:
<quoted text> I know what you are saying ! Highmark are a bunch of AZZHOLES! I lost my health insurance in 2007 and for 3 years I was stuck with them til I almost had to file for bankruptcy,because between the lame insurance,co pays and medicine I was paying 1,500,00 per month!!!! Who the Hell can afford this and not lose everything! What's worse when I had to get a medical card one of my doctors in this area dropped me because he decided he would'nt take the medical card!!! Mean while when I had High rip off insurance he gladly took my insurance and co pays no problem! By the way for all you out there who think H.I.P.P.A protects your privacy about your medical health and records is the biggest jokes on this planet!!!!!! HIPPA is a paper tiger! My records have been leaked out to AZZHOLES who had no right to know my business!!!!!!!!!! I whole heartedly support places like MedXpress !!!!!!!!!!
I agree with you 100% it's a shame what kind of shape health care is in these days. Yes hippa is a joke.
xfocker

Monessen, PA

#10 Nov 13, 2012
Cheeks wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you 100% it's a shame what kind of shape health care is in these days. Yes hippa is a joke.
Healthcare is in bad shape these days not because of our docs or our facilities. It is in bad shape because of our social delivery system. It is mostly driven by for-profit insurance companies making decisions in the best interest of their bottom line - not your good health.

This is what completely blows my mind about people and Obamacare. People are generally satisfied with Medicare. People are generally satisfied with the VA system - both government run programs. Most people hate the insurance companies - who are REALLY the ones who come between you and your doctor - not the government.

The option to buy into Medicare or a Public Option should have been included in Obamacare - but Obama had to negotiate those away in order to get enough votes for it to pass. Once people see that Obamacare will not do anything to bring premiums down (because of no competition), I suspect the program will be amended to allow for a Public Option or for non-retired people to buy in to Medicare. And if the docs, medical suppliers, and drug companies will not participate, we'll find some who will.

The days of "get a medical degree and automatically get rich" are over. Docs - get over it.
Valley Girl

Mckeesport, PA

#11 Nov 13, 2012
There is an older doctor in Elizabeth that has always been walk in. No appointment needed and he only charges twenty dollars for a visit because he doesnt believe in how the insurance companies are ripping everyone off etc. Sure need more like him
xfocker

Monessen, PA

#12 Nov 14, 2012
xfocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Healthcare is in bad shape these days not because of our docs or our facilities. It is in bad shape because of our social delivery system. It is mostly driven by for-profit insurance companies making decisions in the best interest of their bottom line - not your good health.
This is what completely blows my mind about people and Obamacare. People are generally satisfied with Medicare. People are generally satisfied with the VA system - both government run programs. Most people hate the insurance companies - who are REALLY the ones who come between you and your doctor - not the government.
The option to buy into Medicare or a Public Option should have been included in Obamacare - but Obama had to negotiate those away in order to get enough votes for it to pass. Once people see that Obamacare will not do anything to bring premiums down (because of no competition), I suspect the program will be amended to allow for a Public Option or for non-retired people to buy in to Medicare. And if the docs, medical suppliers, and drug companies will not participate, we'll find some who will.
The days of "get a medical degree and automatically get rich" are over. Docs - get over it.
Nuts and clueless huh! I guess you like getting raped by insurance companies like Highmark.

So what part of my post is nuts? I'd really like to hear this one.

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Since: Feb 11

Mon Valley, Pa.

#13 Nov 14, 2012
Not sure but it seems you are arguing with your self.
MaMouse

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Nov 14, 2012
xfocker wrote:
<quoted text>
That was their bad career choice. Everyone is being forced to make due with less. I don't feel one bit of pity for doctors who made a bet on getting rich and lost the bet. I'm sure there are a lot of Indian and other Asian doctors who will gladly treat you for less. The entire medical community is pissed because they are being forced to settle for less just like the rest of us. Now that it's hitting them, you hear the whining - boo f**king hoo
What makes you so sure Indian and other Asian doctors will gladly treat someone for less? Ummm?
MaMouse

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Nov 14, 2012
DaDog1 wrote:
Not sure but it seems you are arguing with your self.
Again..nothing to do with the topic but you sure sniffed out that identity fraud rather quickly. LMAO!

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Since: Feb 11

Mon Valley, Pa.

#16 Nov 14, 2012
Shucks, and here I thought he replied to the wrong post. LOL
DaDick

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Nov 15, 2012
xfocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuts and clueless huh! I guess you like getting raped by insurance companies like Highmark.
So what part of my post is nuts? I'd really like to hear this one.
The nuts was for the fact that KING O has spoken and you have cast doubt.

DUH.....my IQ must have farted again and will spark a response from MaHypocrite, who beats a dead horse for the church.
Valley Girl

Mckeesport, PA

#18 Nov 15, 2012
So why am I being judged nuts.... just over a statement about an honest doctor that cares. Ok whatever. When you need one, wait on that 2 week appointment and then sit in an office for 3 hours to get charged 200 dollars for just walking thru the door.
MaHypocrite

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Nov 16, 2012
DaDick wrote:
<quoted text>
The nuts was for the fact that KING O has spoken and you have cast doubt.
DUH.....my IQ must have farted again and will spark a response from MaHypocrite, who beats a dead horse for the church.
We all know what you're beating..and it ain't a dead horse!(Or maybe it is) HAHAHAHAHHAHAH!
DaDick

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Nov 16, 2012
You have been peeking again, are you try to learn what is not working for you or something?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monongahela Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mon Valley Melting pot facebook page. May 27 QueenBee 20
GoD has been kicked out of the Ringgold School ... May 27 Pot stirrer 29
News Should chickens be allowed to roost in Monongah... May 27 NewSherriffInTown 2
Code enforcer in monongahela !! (Aug '13) May 27 Ch33securls 20
Cruz Delegates must be removed Vote Trump May 27 Filthy swit 2
Write Your State Representative to BAN Loud Mot... (May '11) May 19 Inyourmouth 115
News Monessen Middle School Students Given 'Fifty Sh... (Feb '15) May 17 Toby 51
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monongahela Mortgages