State police investigating head-on co...

State police investigating head-on collision in Franklin County

There are 3 comments on the WDBJ7 story from Jan 22, 2009, titled State police investigating head-on collision in Franklin County. In it, WDBJ7 reports that:

January 21, 2009 State police investigating head-on collision in Franklin County Two people were sent to Roanoke Memorial Hospital after a head-on crash in Franklin County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDBJ7.

myoma

Westland, MI

#1 Jan 24, 2009
I don't understand how the doctors, dmv and police could let this happen and why someone is not being held responsible. This guy is on social security disability, with a "mental disability" that is so bad that he cannot work but yet he can drive a car, own guns, go hunting and have a hunting license. He just had an incidence where he was followng too closely and rear ended someone which is upcoming in Roanoke City court and now this. Why wasn't his license taken away when it was discvered that he had severe mental problems?
gurty

Westland, MI

#2 Jan 24, 2009
Who's responsible for reporting to dmv when someone is not capable of driving? That's the entity that is responsible for the head-on collision if this guy has mental problems. No one has said whether alcohol or drugs were involved. Actualy I havnt heard anything about this story in a couple days. Usually they report who was at fault and what happened...they said the guy in the focus was the one who crossed the center line, was that the one with the mental problems?
gurty

Westland, MI

#3 Jan 24, 2009
I wonder why no one has reported whether or not there was alcohol or drugs involved? Was this guy on drugs for his mental problems? Yeah, I agree...if he is not mentally capable/able to work how can he be able to drive? Looks like someone made a terrible mistake there and thank God that no one was killed. Where's the accountability?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moneta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Mr. Lebowski' David Huddleston dies Aug 5 Old Sam 1
Robert E. Lee Road changed to Buffalo Soldier R... (Feb '14) Jul 28 Donald 4
Suboxin May '16 Needing 4
jeremy haskins (Apr '13) Apr '16 P-O-S 8
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Feb '16) Feb '16 Patient X 1
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Feb '16) Feb '16 Patient X 1
Poll Cheating Appomattox Steal Game from Richlands Dec '15 Richlands Footbal... 0

Moneta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moneta Mortgages