zipp

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Im all for being safe, but I'm not so comfortable with this concept. Gun owners in and of themselves represent mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, and citizens. The undertone implication that they themselves are somehow complicit with violence, don't care about it, or are bad simply because of being gun owners troubles me. We have public notification for sex offenders, now do we believe that gun owners and ccw permit holders should be clumped together with them? Law abiding gun owners themselves who use hunting weapons or have guns for self-defense are not the issue.
repub ruler of the world

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Why would you make public a database,that any one can see, to tell you which people would be the easiest to take advantage of?
zipp

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

repub ruler of the world wrote:
Why would you make public a database,that any one can see, to tell you which people would be the easiest to take advantage of?
Yes. With the impetus to take measures and prevent further acts of carnage many have been searching for options to make the public safer. This was tried out east, when names and addresses of many ccw holders were published in a newspaper. Their thinking basically as I understand was that you should know if your neighbor has a gun, as this knowledge can make you safer ands perhaps allow to take actions to be safer.

What actions would this be? Is this like avoiding the leper at the end of the block?
zipp

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Think of the implications. Do we want to create pariahs among us based on gun ownership? Like the neighbor family that has never been exposed to firearms and now wont allow their children to have contact with yours because your a gun owner. Or many other scenarios.

Since: Dec 12

Palm Harbor, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

If anyone is looking for their concealed carry permit, please check out Www.Equip2Conceal.Com ! They have classes at the nearest Fleet Farm and in your area! Call for info 1-866-371-6111!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Mondovi Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mondovi People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••