Rachel Carter

Lakeville, MN

#1 Jun 17, 2009
*DO NOT use Clearwater for your rentals. I am a college student, and was completely taken for a ride when it came to the return of my security deposit. Clearwater took out ludicrous charges for things that my roomates and I had done a thorough job cleaning. When we left, the house was in better shape than when we moved in; yet they took over $100 (nearly half) of our security deposit.

NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!! Use Ed Garlick ( edjrentals.com ) instead. I'm going back to him after using these people because he doesn't try to take advantage of college students.
Ashley

Hudson, WI

#2 Jul 10, 2009
I agree that these people should NOT BE USED as a landlord. As said above they charge your security deposit for ridiculous things and when we moved out, NONE of our deposit was given back and the house was better than when we moved in. They completely take advantage of college students who are most likely moving on their own for the first time. Very unprofessional and all they want is your money!! RENTER BEWARE!
Coty

Eau Claire, WI

#3 Aug 14, 2010
they are already taking me for all i'm worth they wanna charge u for anything they can see wrong with the house even if you didnt do it plus they dont have the courtesy to knock or call before they walk in your door they just come in when they want a holes never use them

“Reality has a liberal bias.”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#4 Aug 14, 2010
They are still better than PPMC
Mark

Eau Claire, WI

#5 Aug 17, 2010
It's people like this that give landlords the nick name "slum" lords. Out of our security deposit of over $300 we received just under $90 back. We spent over 12 hours cleaning the house before we moved out, yet they some how managed to find $400 worth of cleaning charges to bill us for. My roommate, who has OCC and would complain if the bathroom had a spec of hair in it, was in charge of cleaning the bathroom and spent three hours on it and they managed to charge us for an additional 2 hours of cleaning. To top it off, they try to charge for carpet cleaning, which is there responsibility. Avoid them at all costs or you will be taken for a ride. My advice if you do rent from them, take pictures.
clearwater renter

Eau Claire, WI

#6 May 7, 2012
what do you mean take pictures? when, why?
AJB

Eau Claire, WI

#7 Jan 4, 2013
Been with them for 18 months, and haven't had a single problem. They've always responded to maintenance calls promptly and nobody has EVER just come into our place! By the way, the lease states that you will pay for professional carpet cleaning when you leave. You can opt to hire a professional crew and turn in your receipt or they will have it cleaned for you. You check the option you want when you sign the lease. If you put nails in the wall, you're going to have to pay for someone to fill them and touch up paint as a minimum. None of the above complaints seem out of the norm, and we have moved around ALOT!
Albert

Green Bay, WI

#8 Jun 1, 2013
Unfortunately have signed with Clearwater and am already having problems..we have paid first and last months rent but my roommate did not leave all post dated checks so they won't allow me to move in. Btw they cannot charge for carpeting cleaning even if in the lease violate ATCP 134 Wisconsin law! Protect your rights
previous renter

Eau Claire, WI

#9 Aug 28, 2013
Clearwater takes advantage of everyone. I am married with a baby and moved out earlier this year. We received a letter saying we owed them over $400(this was after they took ALL our security deposit)They charged us for repainting the entire apartment. They said there was soot and smoke stains on the walls, when no one ever smoked in the apartment and we never had candles Just a forewarning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mondovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) Sep 19 Lori 7,059
Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Tealiban Fascists 7
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Pro People 2,234
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul '14 BOBBY 452
Review: Walgreens Drug Store Optioncare Jul '14 john heffernan 1
Review: T. Anderson Tax Lawyers Jul '14 Remekjan 3
To keep in touch with all students from Eau Cla... (Feb '14) Jun '14 Dan 2
•••
•••
Mondovi Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Mondovi Jobs

•••
•••