4 dead, 40 injured as tornado hits Boy Scout camp

Jun 12, 2008 Read more: Marin Independent Journal
A tornado tore through a Boy Scout camp in the remote hills of western Iowa on Wednesday, killing at least four people and injuring 40, and setting off a frantic search to reach others in the piles of debris ... Read more

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#1 Jun 12, 2008
I pray for the families loss.
Coty Smith

Ben Wheeler, TX

#2 Jun 12, 2008
I think there needs to be a full scale investigation as to why a group of boys were on a hike when the weather was bad, yes they had no idea there would be a tornado, but there were alerts bad weather was coming. There were 25 adults there and not one of them were killed or injured, just the youngest? Jennifer you are right on about a storm bunker, they have all these people there and they cannot build a storm shelter? I think the boy scouts were true heroes helping there follow scouts and should be commended.I however wonder what the 25 adults were doing when they ignored bad weather was approaching. Government shouldn’t have to tell people when you are caring for kids that common sense should tell you that if bad weather is approaching you get ready before a tornado arrives.
Gworld

Sacramento, CA

#3 Jun 12, 2008
I saw on the news last night that in fact a tornado warning was in effect for where they were camping. Now whether they knew that or not I don't know. I think given they are lucky that only 4 lost their lives. I feel so sad for the parents of those 4 boys - so tragic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mondamin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missouri Valley Music Selection (Aug '12) Dec '14 Musikologist 12
News Mike Wiser wrote a new blog post: Iowa firework... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Bill 1
Tantric Massage (Feb '13) Mar '14 Kazi baba 3
Looking For 1962 Classmate (Apr '12) Apr '12 Mary 1
News Sunday morning inferno in Modale (Jul '07) Jan '12 Dereck 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Iowa (Dist... (Oct '10) Dec '11 glen Larsen 35
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Mondamin, IA (Aug '11) Aug '11 KW 1
More from around the web

Mondamin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]