Toddler Hit By Car

Toddler Hit By Car

There are 6 comments on the WHOtv story from Jun 21, 2010, titled Toddler Hit By Car. In it, WHOtv reports that:

Des Moines Police are investigating how a car hit a 3-year-old Sunday night. Crews were called to 2027 Mondamin around 9:15 p.m. Police say the child was hit by a car but not run over as initially thought.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

Cyclone Fan

Hedrick, IA

#1 Jun 21, 2010
Officers are still investigating the crash. No citations have been issued at this time.

We don't know a lot about this but wouldn't you think investigating the incident would be more appropriate in this case?

I wouldn't think a car hitting or even backing over a child would be called a crash.
Nate

Indianola, IA

#2 Jun 21, 2010
My prayers are with this child.
Dave

Des Moines, IA

#3 Jun 21, 2010
Has anyone else wondered why a 3 yr old is close enough to the street to get hit by a car?? Where are the parents watching this young child. I hope the child is okay.
jjw

Des Moines, IA

#4 Jun 21, 2010
Dave wrote:
Has anyone else wondered why a 3 yr old is close enough to the street to get hit by a car?? Where are the parents watching this young child. I hope the child is okay.
I'm not only wondering about that, I'm wondering why it was like 9:00 pm and the child was outside walking around in the dark!!!
IOWAN

Ankeny, IA

#5 Jun 21, 2010
It is very upsetting that people don't know where their kids are running around and especially @ 9pm and a 3yr old! Unfortunatly it's not the dumb parents that suffer... it's the innocent children that suffer when they live through something like this... these kids are never the same
curious

Morrison, IL

#6 Jun 22, 2010
Thank goodness this child was not killed, this family was lucky this time. Children at this age are explorers and they are very clever, especially when they want something. I hope this family takes measures to keep this explorer away from the street and safe in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mondamin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missouri Valley Music Selection (Aug '12) Jun 21 Musikologist 13
News Mike Wiser wrote a new blog post: Iowa firework... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Bill 1
Tantric Massage (Feb '13) Mar '14 Kazi baba 3
Looking For 1962 Classmate (Apr '12) Apr '12 Mary 1
News Sunday morning inferno in Modale (Jul '07) Jan '12 Dereck 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Iowa (Dist... (Oct '10) Dec '11 glen Larsen 35
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Mondamin, IA (Aug '11) Aug '11 KW 1
More from around the web

Mondamin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mondamin Mortgages