Next Last
chidachlab

Dallas, TX

#1 Apr 2, 2008
how many ppl live in monahans?
what is there to do for fun there?
what is the average household income?
what is the crime rate?
i grew up in a large city so i am curious about these smaller townships and communities.
Lacey Gracie

Monahans, TX

#2 Apr 2, 2008
1.All of us
2.Sand surf @ sand hills
3.Moderate
4.Not too bad
5.Honestly if you pull Monahans,Texas up on your pc you will be able to find all this out.I also think after liveing in a big city all your life you may enjoy some time here.But when and if you decide to try this be prepared for a hugh down sizing into the loud and busy life of Dallas.There are no movie houses here unless you call movie rentals one,then we have 2.there is no Dennys.Ihop,or Lubys here but we do have Dairy Queen,McDonalds,Sonic,and about 50 mexican resturants.oh yes and a new chinese place which is pretty good.No Wal=Mart,or target but 2 dollar stores and Alco & Mitchells.The mayor is a pretty nice guy,not to much trouble here.I personally live outside of town but its a nice place to live.I was not born and raised here but I have raised a family here and I had some damn good kids turn out from here,GOOD LUCK if you try out small town living you really might like it
lady_jb

Odessa, TX

#3 Feb 21, 2009
I am looking for Bonnie or her brother Wayne Hastings. Of course they have married but I am unsure of bonnie's married name. Their mother I think was Katy. If you know how to contact them please let me know thru my email lady_jb@excite.com
Not a collections thing LOL just a friend MIA Thank you
Sponges

AOL

#4 Apr 7, 2009
There are many good people in Monahans, however, there are also many parents who refuse to provide guidance for their children and raise them to live on welfare. They are trained by example to drop out of school,get pregnant by anyone, so they can draw state assistance and live forever, having kid after kid, fathers unknown, on the state and others that have jobs and live responsible lives. Why should they learn to pay their way, their parents didn't and it just passes from generation to the next. What happened to pride? Responsibility? Civic responsibility? Proper parenting? Kids by anyone out of mariage? Its a shame, yet many continue this sad shattered family trend, even as it ruins the lives of other responsible citizens. If you do work, you pay more to make up for these maggots, that live off others. Emergency room, hospital visits, over and over, handouts for food and drugs? Learn and teach some responsibility to your families!
just me

United States

#5 Apr 7, 2009
i just had a baby out of wedlock but my parents didn't! So not everyone is making a family tradition of it. Also my child is on medicaid and we do get food stamps but i live in my own house i dont do drugs i pay my bills and I WORK! so please dont think everyone is the same because were not
Sponges

AOL

#6 Apr 8, 2009
Good for you, but there are many who bragg about how much the state gives them per child, then they give the money to the fathers who won't marry them. Its a shame and its bring America to its knees because of people who are not responsible for their lives. They mainly just want a hand out from the state and drugs, party, party and have more illig. kids. The good folks that have jobs and insurance have to pick for all these misfits.
Unknown

AOL

#7 Apr 14, 2009
Sponges wrote:
Good for you, but there are many who bragg about how much the state gives them per child, then they give the money to the fathers who won't marry them. Its a shame and its bring America to its knees because of people who are not responsible for their lives. They mainly just want a hand out from the state and drugs, party, party and have more illig. kids. The good folks that have jobs and insurance have to pick for all these misfits.
Its been proven that females without male role models in their homes, produce more juveniles that stay in trouble and wind up in prison. Any female that thinks she can get pregnant and have a child, or many children without a male in the picture is just helping the downfall of the US go faster. You lizzies and half and halfs that can;t decide what you are, are a big problem for America. You usless men that impregnant every willing feale that will spread her legs are just as bad. Join the military, go to a foreign country and try that...stay there, don't come back; we don't need your idiotic minds in out society.
enjoying this

Charlotte, NC

#8 Apr 15, 2009
Man you guys are harsh!! But you know what, my father left my mother when I was little. I grew up went to school and now have a degree and am very proud!! I work my butt off and pay taxes, I get VERY angree at these females who BRAG about getting $800 of food stamps and how they r gonna bbq when they get them!!! Why should I, or any working person, have to pay for you to sit at home and enjoy your life. I wanna sit at home and eat bbq and drink and watch tv all day but somebody has to support these hoes. I know there are ppl out there that really need the assistance and I dont mind that but I hate these lazy ass girls who dont do shit but sit at home and get pregnant and wont do shit for themselves!!! Like I said I dont mind having to help those families that need it, but if you are capable of working then do it!!! Quit having everyone else support you and your kids!!!
U know

Odessa, TX

#9 Apr 15, 2009
I agree Enjoying .. Ebt processing ...... What's my mama's code. These females in this town are straight up pathetic, If they aint stealing your man there stealing from individuals like you who work your ass off for a living. Not everyone is as independent as you or have goals and ambitions in life. They simply say hey!! ill just open my legs get on welfare still crave bbq when im pregnant and then!!! If they haven't already they get your ass for childsupport so they can sit around on there fat ass all fuckin day and drink koolaid play dominoes smoke weed and find the next dumb ass who will be drunk and desperate enough to turn off the lights and have sex with them so they can get paid. Not to mention they go around beating there kids without even going to see what they did.
U know

Odessa, TX

#10 Apr 15, 2009
But to answer your question there is around 6000 ppl that live in monahans unfortunately. There is nothing to do here fun theres lots of illegal things to do that might run up your alley. The average income of a workin mans household or what a female gets living off a man from childsupport and the welfare ? Everybody thinks the crime rate here is so bad its really not thats why if you do something here say for instance a beer run you spend up to 180 days in confinement in ward county jail a 1200$$ fine plus court costs. Not like a big city where they just slap you on your hand and let you out of jail in a day or two
ENJOYING THIS

Charlotte, NC

#11 Apr 15, 2009
Yeah, and what really pisses me off is they find someone to claim them on their taxes and get like $3000 back and where do they spend it??? Walking around here styling in Hollister shit while their kids are wearing cousins hand me downs. Meanwhile mom is at tha Corral looking for victim #4 to claim child support from so we can get $120 more dollars a month for baby #4 that Daddy wants nothing to do with. I tell you what get off tha cocaine go run around that block make yourself presentable so someone will take intrest in you, move you out that projects and you can quit living off of what me and the rest of us hard working people have to give your ass out of our checks!!!
U know

Odessa, TX

#12 Apr 15, 2009
Especially when you wear tha SAME OUTFIT to the corral every damn week!! Cmon now Didnt you get that blue jean skirt when you were like 12 ? you know who you are sittin over there in the corner with your head twitchin.
enjoying this

Charlotte, NC

#14 Apr 15, 2009
LMAO!!!! I know who you are reffering to U KNOW...thats so f n true!!! ARE her enitials J.R.???
U know

Odessa, TX

#15 Apr 15, 2009
YES!!!! Tha skirt over the years just turned into a blue thong. And you got tha nerve to try and take your old ass out there to cha cha cha knowing damn well you cant dance for shit for one and that shit aint even cute for 2.
Explosion

AOL

#16 Apr 26, 2009
What was the loud explosive noise in Monahans Friday afternoon? It sounded like more than fifty shotgun blasts at once.
Get Real

AOL

#17 Apr 30, 2009
U know wrote:
YES!!!! Tha skirt over the years just turned into a blue thong. And you got tha nerve to try and take your old ass out there to cha cha cha knowing damn well you cant dance for shit for one and that shit aint even cute for 2.
Then you wonder why folks look at you and indicate you are indecent....you are.
Anon

Monahans, TX

#18 Apr 30, 2009
Explosion wrote:
What was the loud explosive noise in Monahans Friday afternoon? It sounded like more than fifty shotgun blasts at once.
I told you guys to stand back.
I was trying science.
Get Real

AOL

#19 May 7, 2009
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you guys to stand back.
I was trying science.
You were probably on drugs when the explosion occured. Get back on welfare with your other useless friends. Rip the gov't off some more...go back to Mexico.
Like_I_Care

United States

#20 May 7, 2009
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
You were probably on drugs when the explosion occured. Get back on welfare with your other useless friends. Rip the gov't off some more...go back to Mexico.
Don't bring race into this, though the poor anon tries to be funny he isn't.
Monahans people are good, it just depends on who you wish to associate with and where you wish to go and socialize.
The young teens really don't have anywhere to go other than high school activities. Young adults have no where to go but to Odessa or bars Monahans. When I was younger growing up there, many things were available for us to do. Drive in, theatre, skating rink, arcade and putt putt golf. The Monahans Sandhills was so much fun, they had a nice big jeep that would offer rides and the growns were taken well care of.
All I here is about bars now. I never went to a bar in Monahans. Had to reason to.
Like_I_Care

United States

#21 May 7, 2009
Had no reason to.*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monahans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 1 hr why 569
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 3 hr That Fart Guy 800
Red hair dispatch girl at nipple up 6 hr concerned mom 1
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 hr That Fart Guy 18,503
any sinlge females in monahans? (Apr '09) Sat jod4 24
Blue Pit Bull Pups Fri Breeder 1
looking for a place to rent Thu JPJ 1
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Ward County was issued at September 21 at 2:24PM CDT

•••
•••
Monahans Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monahans Jobs